The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

Kareem Abdul Jabbar says that he does not like what Sterling said at all, but that whoever recorded what he said and made it public, is guilty of criminal charges in California. Sterling's rights were violated. I wonder how many people could survive such an ordeal.....having their private conversations recorded. Of course I don't expect anyone around here would be guilty of impure thoughts or off color comments. Something to think about really.

Some of you guys are in such deep denial. You can't  face up to the fact this guy was wrong. I bet you won't repeat after me...c'mon see if you can do it.......write it down......"Sterling is a racist and he was wrong for making those awful comments and using his power to help deny decent citizens a place to live."

I agree with everything both of you are saying and on one hand I understand the need for the league to fix this problem fast. On the other hand I'm not quite sure if the punishment fits the offense. I private one on one conversation costs him 2.5 mil. a life time ban and probably forcing him to sell his team. (not taking his past history into consideration)

With that being said, I don't think there would be anyway for him or the Clippers to survive this scandal. I don't have any defense for his actions past and present. He has to be accountable.

Some of you guys are in such deep denial. You can't  face up to the fact this guy was wrong. I bet you won't repeat after me...c'mon see if you can do it.......write it down......"Sterling is a racist and he was wrong for making those awful comments and using his power to help deny decent citizens a place to live."

No one has denied what Sterling said was out of line. Take your black tinted glasses off!!

Read my statement again Dove. I said nothing about race. I said anything in private. I may not agree with what you say ( which is most of the time), but I will defend your right to say it. We also have rights to privacy which were ignored in this case. No one is saying what Sterling said was right. PNG fan understands what I meant. Why don't you?

PAMFAM, do you miss points intentionally? I'll tell you what. You and I can go out and have a few beers and I'll bring a tape recorder. I'd bet the house that I can ruin your life. I think what Sterling said is unforgiveable. I also think he was set up. Why else was that conversation taped?

After those beers loosen up that tongue, Twitter or Facebook would have a field day with you. I'd also be willing to bet that you would claim it was unfair of me to post what you said. I used to hit the bar scene and have witnessed many people say things they would never say sober.

Agreed baddog!! I've never defended what Sterling said, I am defending our freedom of speech and privacy laws. Nothing more. NO ONE on this board can say they've never said anything in their lives that would've offended someone. And as far as I'm concerned the NBA can go bankrupt and I wouldn't lose any sleep. The most boring professional sport I've ever watched. The NCAA and high school games are a lot more exciting.

Just saw on the news, the woman who recorded that conversation and exposed Sterling is a woman that Sterling's wife accused of seducing her husband and bilking him out of millions of dollars. The woman said she would get back at her by taping Sterling. Isn't life grand?

God forgives, we must as true believers. I'll admit it's Hard to do. Heck I've held a little grudge after postings belittling the city I grew up in(PA), the school I attended (Bee Hive) and the teams I support(SETX). Lol
So I'm sure something of this Magnitude will test my Faith and vow of forgiveness. ( Preacher says can I get a Witness) Church says Amen

Just saw on the news, the woman who recorded that conversation and exposed Sterling is a woman that Sterling's wife accused of seducing her husband and bilking him out of millions of dollars. The woman said she would get back at her by taping Sterling. Isn't life grand?

I'll say this, he is married with a girlfriend living loose & fancy free. I guess he never heard the saying " A woman scorned". Let alone two.
The Bible says you Reap what you Sow

PAMFAM, do you miss points intentionally? I'll tell you what. You and I can go out and have a few beers and I'll bring a tape recorder. I'd bet the house that I can ruin your life. I think what Sterling said is unforgiveable. I also think he was set up. Why else was that conversation taped?

After those beers loosen up that tongue, Twitter or Facebook would have a field day with you. I'd also be willing to bet that you would claim it was unfair of me to post what you said. I used to hit the bar scene and have witnessed many people say things they would never say sober.

You can believe what you want but I will never ever come close to saying things that hurtful hate is not in my heart. I can crack jokes but drunk or not I'll never discriminate in that fashion.

Y'all do realize that Mr. Sterling wasn't drinking. How does drinking becomes involved in this?

And since we're talking about drinking, we all know the truth comes out when you're drunk. So I'm sure that a normal straight laced guy wouldn't just turn into a racist after a few beers.

It almost sounds like his actions are trying tl be justified. News flash. There is NO justification for what he said OR his 'apology'.

Who said he was drunk? Another point missed. No way I am trying to justify what he said. Why is this so hard to understand? Like I said earlier, no one here will ever "admit" that they have said some private things, that if recorded, would embarrass them or even ruin them, drunk or not.

Please go back and show where I have said he is justified for saying those things.

How about we bug the Panther headquarters, and we know they are racist ahead of time. Oops, that would be violating their constitutional rights. What is the difference?

Wasn't it YOU that if you and PAMFAN had a few beers and if you were to start recording, you'd bet the house that you could destroy how life? Why factor alcohol into the equation? Sterling wasn't drinking. So you bringing up drinking a few beers was a severely moot point. Horrible example.

I just decided to take it a step farther and used your horrible example of IF you were holding a conversation with a drunk raciat/nonracist. Do you understand the point I'm making? Or will you resort to the selective comprehension?

Sterling was not drunk. He made racist remarks and will be held accountable. My drinking example, which is a good one, shows how we can all say things that we may regret, even under the influence, when if recorded, can ruin lives. It is the recording that bothers me. Just trying to show no matter the situation, we can be held accountable even if what we said was while we are drunk......and I said I have witnessed many people say regretful things while drunk. Does not matter, you said them anyway. Why is this not a good example? I never said Sterling was drunk.

Noticed you completely dodged the Panther bugging question.