The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

You used being drunk as an exampl. Bad example.

Black Panthers? Who said I support them? Also, why bug them? Members of the black Panthers would probably tell you how they feel without 'alcohol' or with or without a secret recording. I wasn't dodging the question about the Black Panthers. I just thought it was a moot point because I've never stated that I'm a follower of the Black Panthers.

But there are some like yourself that's looking... Or should I say seems like you're trying to justify this clown's action. It was recorded. You heard it. You also heard the 'apology'. Smh

Sterling was not drunk. He made racist remarks and will be held accountable. My drinking example, which is a good one, shows how we can all say things that we may regret, even under the influence, when if recorded, can ruin lives. It is the recording that bothers me. Just trying to show no matter the situation, we can be held accountable even if what we said was while we are drunk......and I said I have witnessed many people say regretful things while drunk. Does not matter, you said them anyway. Why is this not a good example? I never said Sterling was drunk.

Noticed you completely dodged the Panther bugging question.

If the Panthers owned a sports franchise and were recorded making racist remarks the same rules would apply!

So now making racist remarks and being held accountable only applies to sports franchise owners.

Soulja, you seem to be a level headed guy. I have never defended Sterling's remarks. Please show me where I have. Defending what he said and defending his right to say it and his right to privacy are totally different things. In order for you and me to have our rights, they must apply to everyone....even the undesirables.

You don't have to follow the Panthers to sit idly by and let them make their known racist agendas. You said they would even say it without being drunk, yet they are not condemned for saying it. It's just the way they are. Isn't this a double standard?

Just watched 30 for 30 on ESPN about the NBA when it was real basketball and not full of premodonna's. They should the Piston, Pacers and the Knicks. When you went to the basket you paid for it. Now if someone looked at a superstar a foul will be called. Back then they didn't care what they looked like, now it's a fashion show wearing men's capris and color sun glasses. Man I miss the Oakleys, Mason's, Starks and Lambeer type of ball.

Who said he was drunk? Another point missed. No way I am trying to justify what he said. Why is this so hard to understand? Like I said earlier, no one here will ever "admit" that they have said some private things, that if recorded, would embarrass them or even ruin them, drunk or not.
Please go back and show where I have said he is justified for saying those things.
How about we bug the Panther headquarters, and we know they are racist ahead of time. Oops, that would be violating their constitutional rights. What is the difference?

I'm sure the Panthers already have their share of being bugged.

So now making racist remarks and being held accountable only applies to sports franchise owners.

Soulja, you seem to be a level headed guy. I have never defended Sterling's remarks. Please show me where I have. Defending what he said and defending his right to say it and his right to privacy are totally different things. In order for you and me to have our rights, they must apply to everyone....even the undesirables.

You don't have to follow the Panthers to sit idly by and let them make their known racist agendas. You said they would even say it without being drunk, yet they are not condemned for saying it. It's just the way they are. Isn't this a double standard?

No, It's not a double standard. And how do you know that they (Black Panthers) are not condemned?

You correct in that I'm a level headed guy. ;)

It does seem like you're attempting to justify him. Or maybe you are playing devils advocat, and I can respect that. But you are trying Ro squeeze blood out of a turnip. There is no justification and no validation on his remarks and his horrible 'apology'.

If how comments wouldn't have been recorded, he would be to this day denying the situation and he'd be considered a 'rumored' racist. What goes around, comes around. He was busted now the entire world knows where his heart is. Now his world is slowly crumbling...

Just watched 30 for 30 on ESPN about the NBA when it was real basketball and not full of premodonna's. They should the Piston, Pacers and the Knicks. When you went to the basket you paid for it. Now if someone looked at a superstar a foul will be called. Back then they didn't care what they looked like, now it's a fashion show wearing men's capris and color sun glasses. Man I miss the Oakleys, Mason's, Starks and Lambeer type of ball.

Yes, I completely agree. I thought I was by myself in this thought...

these players wouldn't survive in the 90s, the league is softer than Charmin, the NFL too.

Sterling is a racist.

Now, I want to know why the chick needed to record the conversation?

I think it was a total set up from the get go.

.....because she was getting back at his wife who accused her of duping him out of millions. The recording is what I didn't like, but people think I am defending Sterling. I am about everyone's rights.