The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

I am probably way in the minority on this sentiment but I actually feel sorry for Donald Sterling.  He is obviously full of hate and ignorance that all the money in the world couldn't solve.  He will die alone, a miserable man.  He never opened his mind and heart up the beauty of all races, to the blessings of diversity.  I can honestly, without a doubt say that as a white man, my life is so much richer due to the close friendships and brotherhood/sisterhood I have with my loved ones of color.  Knowledge and understanding is a beautiful thing that is available to anyone who seeks it.  I am happy and thankful that much (and I believe the great majority) of this country has moved past racism.  I am also saddened that this type of thought still exists.  I am afraid the saying "stupid is forever" may be accurate.

Racism, to some extent, likely will always exist.  I am saddened that it is viewed only as a one way street.

Certain people tend to only drive the streets they are familiar with; i.e black,white,hispanic,asian, etc
The only person you can control is you. If we can look in the mirror first & quit placing blame on others, the World would be a better place. I agree with TxHoops, Sterling is miserable. He's backed in a corner with no way out. His $$$$$$$$ can't help him & he's sinking fast. This is very sad, he's crying for Help. The Racist & Class world he is used to has Shunned him publicly(not so much privately) and he is finding out who his Friends are. So sad that he's 80 & just now learning the lesson. Do unto others...........

Racism, to some extent, likely will always exist. I am saddened that it is viewed only as a one way street.

It is true that no race has the corner on ignorance and hate. It is also true that you and I can't possibly understand what some of our brothers and sisters of color have endured at the hands of racism. We can only empathize and do our part to eliminate the past within ourselves and our families.

A wise man knows the proper time to beat his drum and when to put his sticks down. Sometimes there is a fine line between deflection and justification.

It is true that no race has the corner on ignorance and hate. It is also true that you and I can't possibly understand what some of our brothers and sisters of color have endured at the hands of racism. We can only empathize and do our part to eliminate the past within ourselves and our families.

A wise man knows the proper time to beat his drum and when to put his sticks down. Sometimes there is a fine line between deflection and justification.

Excellent post. Very poignant

Dementia... Now there's an 'on the fly ' excuse. I assume that he'll say that he forgot that it was not ok to be racist or forgot that he was being recorded when he was talking to his side chick...

As for the recording, he had no idea he was being taped.

He is a racist, no doubt. But I have a problem with someone making a recording without consent and then making it public.

Dementia... Now there's an 'on the fly ' excuse. I assume that he'll say that he forgot that it was not ok to be racist or forgot that he was being recorded when he was talking to his side chick...

well it really backs up the story of him wanting his convos recorded because he would frequently forget them.