The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

Is he still a racist?

I don't know. Is he a Democrat or Republican? If Democrat, he will be probably be forgiven. If Republican, he is still an angry old white male racist.

Edit: I just realized this topic is in the Locker Room and not the the Political section. Please disregard this post!

This is going to get VERY complicated...

no it wont. Has nothing to do with the sell of the team, the NBA can handle this particular issue. I just hope certain ppl aren't trying to exploit the guy cause he now has been diagnosed with a disability. I dont think Donald even knows wth is going on at this point, this is his wife's doing with the attorney IMO. His wife is a nutcase but she isn't dumb, she is very smart.

@ramonashelburne: The Sterling Family Trust had rules & guidelines about mental incapacitation. Very recently, Donald was found by experts to be incapacitated

One interesting question I heard earlier

If he is truly mentally incapacitated, can the NBA force him to sell for making comments when he maybe didn't even know what he was saying?

This is a lawyers dream. They will have a lot of fun with this and all get richer in the process.

@NewsBreaker: BREAKING: LA #Clippers owner Donald #Sterling's attorney confirms he plans to sue #NBA for $1 billion http://bit.ly/1hkaZAv @CBSLA

That will cover the taxes he will owe if they force him to sell. It's all about money.

If he sells he will pay ~35% capital gains taxes on the $2 billion profits which would be about $700 million.

If the lawyers drag this out and he dies then his estate will only pay taxes on the increased value from the time he dies until his family sells the team. If the team is estimated to be worth $1.5 and they sell it for $2 billion a week later, they will pay $175 million. These are all rough numbers, but his wife and family has a huge financial stake in this to the tune of $500+ million.

Yes, Dove, its possible to get examined for Alzheimers.  Do you want your appointment for this week or next?  Hope you are not a veteran because you may die before you get examined.

Now that I think about it, I have an uncle in Houston who appears to have no problem getting his treatments at the VA. Are you a vet? Now who did I have in  mind for that exam,  Hmmmmmm?

Based on recent news about the VA, it would appear that your Houston uncle is lucky that he made the A list and not the other one.  I took my basic training at Ft. Knox Kentucky and my advanced training there as well.   Where did you take your basic training.  Not being a big fan of government sponsored medical care, I have never been to the VA.  I chose to be responsible for my own medical care and all has worked out well.  While my care is not free, I am satisfied with what I am getting with my coverage even though I have no need for free birth control pills.  I always operated under that crazy notion that I should pay for my healthcare and that you should pay for yours.  I see no reason to be forced to handle it another way.  If you have to ask yourself who you had in mind for Alzheimers test, it means you probably are in the early stages.