The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

No I don't believe they were racist acts. 

But I know if I created a WET or an all white college....it wouldn't fly and also labeled a  racist.....

But it does remind me when it was white bathroom...black bathroom.....white water fountain.....black water fountain....etc

When attaching a color (race) to a organization/group ....what that says is that no other race is allowed......and that right there is what keeps some racism still alive.

Here's a question if you seclude a race or races....is that a form of racism?

But I know if I created a WET or an all white college....it wouldn't fly and also labeled a  racist.....

But it does remind me when it was white bathroom...black bathroom.....white water fountain.....black water fountain....etc

When attaching a color (race) to a organization/group ....what that says is that no other race is allowed......and that right there is what keeps some racism still alive.

Today yes it would be racist but at the time BET HBCU etc was created it was very necessary. As you can see Today nobody cares about naacp black students do not prefer hbcu anymore(at least not as 1st or 2nd options)I forgot BET existed.

Hang on....so white s have a better chance of getting a scholarship at a black college?

I believe you mistyped there.

SO only blacks are allowed to attend to those black colleges????

No mistype. Just because you obviously never dealt with this before, its a mistype? Yes, HBCU  follow the laws of the land like any other so-called major universities, and have been trying to attract white students to their schools. Some whites have taken the initiative and taken the scholarships. I have a question for you  :D  When was it the last time you set foot on a Black College? Go to any Black college and you will see whites walking the campus and taking classes. 

LOL!! The majority of so-called white universities that you are familiar with were set up for whites to attend. Man, do you know that the Black Panther Party had some white members? Not many but a few. There are a lot of Black organizations with "Black" in the organizational name. Its not to EXCLUDE other races. 

The same reason a Black kid mixed with a white parent is called Black. Now, Imma let that simmer in a bit.

But you are so pleased with how progressive we have become. There is supposed to be no reference to race. All are supposed to be judged on the content of their character. Why not support the theory that when you look at a person or a school or a business, you are, ideally, color blind and make no reference to color?

No mistype. Just because you obviously never dealt with this before, its a mistype? Yes, HBCU follow the laws of the land like any other so-called major universities, and have been trying to attract white students to their schools. Some whites have taken the initiative and taken the scholarships. I have a question for you :D When was it the last time you set foot on a Black College? Go to any Black college and you will see whites walking the campus and taking classes.

True. Have a younger sister who attends a HBCU and when doing campus visit, there was several different races including several Caucasian people.

But you are so pleased with how progressive we have become. There is supposed to be no reference to race. All are supposed to be judged on the content of their character. Why not support the theory that when you look at a person or a school or a business, you are, ideally, color blind and make no reference to color?

I answered your question in my last statement. My question again: Why are Black kids with a white parent still considered Black & NOT white?

I guess this is where I should give you the same answer that you gave me regarding the Whitehouse- because of the "exterior" color.( I suspect that when you used that response, you considered it pretty cute but I am going to guess you don't think that way when it comes from me) Once again, however, the color is not supposed to matter and therefore whether they are referred to as black, white,yellow, mixed is no longer of significance.

When I was trying to go to college, I sure wish I knew about this white boy funding.....I could of used it

You gotta hang out with Black people first to know these things. This is my point I'm making, just because an organization has the name 'National Society of Black Journalist does not mean you can't join Hippy errrr 5 PintGALLON

I ve been around blacks more than the average white guy blackdoveE....

My college basketball team was 2 whites and 13 blacks......Oh and I also lived with a black guy and that was by choice.....

I ve also spent many days in the South Oak Cliff area....

i ve spent many of days in Cheek....

I ve spent many of days embarrasing ballers in Beaumont...

I ve been in and around the black community for a long time.....

and still am

Then why use the word "black" in any name?   Whats the reasoning?

Why are black colleges wanting whites to attend their colleges?.....so they don't look like racist?....

You gotta hang out with Black people first to know these things. This is my point I'm making, just because an organization has the name 'National Society of Black Journalist does not mean you can't join Hippy errrr 5 PintGALLON

then why have the word "black" in there.....how bout National Society of Journalist....

Anybody remember the old BPM Club near the old Baptist Hospital area? I remember going there to inquire about membership. If memory serves me right, you had to have a member recommend you or you had to live two (?) counties outside of Jefferson County to be a member. I showed the membership guy my address and the look on his face was priceless.  :)

Well, you knew that before you went there. So what is the real reason you didnt join? Hmmm- just wondering if there is a "deeper meaning" here. ( you taught me that one)

Nash, you know me too well  ;)  Yeah, I had heard about the BPM Club and da rumors. And yes I knew I met the membership requirements. And yes, lets just say I've always loved to rattle some cages. One day I'm gonna have to tell you about my house hunting in Lumberton, Tx. :ph34r: Oh, and how I use to go to Vidor and shop in the stores.

Nash, you know me too well  ;)  Yeah, I had heard about the BPM Club and da rumors. And yes I knew I met the membership requirements. And yes, lets just say I've always loved to rattle some cages. One day I'm gonna have to tell you about my house hunting in Lumberton, Tx. :ph34r: Oh, and how I use to go to Vidor and shop in the stores.

Haha lmao