EC, Anahuac, Hardin

He is probably referring to last years 5A player of the year now pitching for East Bernard. She is as advertised and hits the ball a ton. I would walk her every at-bat unless I had a very good pitcher.

She wasn't the 5A player of the year. She was the TEXAS player of the year. Just so happens she was at a 5A school. Any school, any class would have their hands full against her at the mound.

You can walk Show every time, but it's not her bat that is the issue, it's her arm.  Show has been eligible maybe 7 games and has only given up 2 hits.  Good luck to all who face her.  East Bernard is a legit State contender.

Show may not be the biggest bat in that lineup. Forntenberry can hit the ball a ton. Can't walk everyone.

Guest ECBucFan

17-0.  Looks like "Show" time had 4 hits, plus threw a 5 inning no hitter with 14 K's.  Hard to top that.

Show is a great player, no doubt, and EC had no chance, period. Don't fool yourself with those gaudy stats, though. The guy behind the plate was obviously athletically infatuated with Show. He rung up EC batters with pitches at the ankles on a routine basis, and even called a strike on an EC batter that was so far outside, the EB catcher could not even catch it.

Show is a great player, no doubt, and EC had no chance, period. Don't fool yourself with those gaudy stats, though. The guy behind the plate was obviously athletically infatuated with Show. He rung up EC batters with pitches at the ankles on a routine basis, and even called a strike on an EC batter that was so far outside, the EB catcher could not even catch it.

If it was routine as you stated, then it was his/her strike zone!

I'm sure EC got no calls what so ever! :rolleyes:

Guest ECBucFan

If it was routine as you stated, then it was his/her strike zone!

I'm sure EC got no calls what so ever! :rolleyes:

Then "his / her strike zone" varied depending who was pitching and who was at bat. I did not see ankle high pitches called strikes when EC pitched, nor did I see a pitch so outside it was uncatchable called a strike when EC pitched

Again. if you missed it badndn, it appeared to me the ump was athletically infatuated with Show. He got in a groove calling pretty much everything she threw a "strike"... wherever it went. Two TV cameras were set up to see her pitch, and it appears the guy got caught up in "the Show". The stats will show ZERO walks by Show, go figure. 

Did you see the game? Were you there?