Deweyville Open

Pretty good chance he didn't play college football

He was gonna play at UH...but the entire coaching staff was fired the day before national signing day. And he got offers to go to Alabama, Florida State, and Notre Dame. But the scholarships were already gone by the time he was notified. And the recruiter wanted him as a preferred walk on at Texas...but he held out because of all of those offers. Then it was too late.

Geez ! I thought this thread was about the Deweyville coach. Does anyone have any info on that subject? If you wanna talk about HD football start another thread.

Thank-you, I've been wanting to say that for days now. I've never had anything against HD, but geeeeeesh that's changing quickly. I'm all about school spirit, but HD thread hijacking should be a felony.

Amen Chester86. Deweyville anyone?

They could hire Jimmy Johnson and it's still not gonna matter, they're going to be poo poo. That district is a nightmare. Coach Babin hit the high road just in time. Granted, the odds are stacked against him at Warren, but at least Warren will give him a chance to win, unlike Deweyville..four asst football coaches is not gonna work folks!

come on deweyville folks, any word on this job?

and for the record, i play acoustic guitar, country mostly. and i am one hell of a tennis player. as for other stuff, daddy said i could've been qb for the dallas cowboys. although i really wanted to be drew pearson. i had my friends call me drew for a few months and even made a few really awesome one-hand catches in my front yard one day. and my grandma used to tell me i was gonna be president one day. that hasn't worked out yet, but i am considering an exploratory committee to feel out interest.

Guest ECBucFan

Former assistant at Tatum
Former Kountze HC
Current East Chambers offensive line coach/run-game coordinator.

Anyone guess who?  :D  :D

If this is true, DV is getting a good man. Genuinely cares about the kids...good influence...personable with parents...etc. Not sure how many wins this equals, though, after reading though all the posts here. I hope Pirate fans have realistic expectations.

Good luck to DV, I hope y'all do well.  

If this is true, DV is getting a good man. Genuinely cares about the kids...good influence...personable with parents...etc. Not sure how many wins this equals, though, after reading though all the posts here. I hope Pirate fans have realistic expectations.

Good luck to DV, I hope y'all do well.  

I was depending on East Chambers folks to tell me how good he is. I don't let HC records convince me because Babin had a 2-8 record at Scarborough as a HC before he moved back to Lumberton. Pirates will have the same expectations that he will have. Babin gave us expectations so we had the same ones. I'm sure the same will be true with this coach.

Hope we do well except week 1 right?  ;)  :D