Deweyville Open

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Chester AD teaches a full class load and is probably the asst principal as well. I'm pretty sure they shot the movie Deliverance out there in Chester.

Not quite what to say on that. Beautiful country, great people and very rural - but no one squeels like a pig.

Wild guess:  Beaumont or Port Author

I bet that he/she is not in Vidor or Evadale.

All that I said was that I saw the Coach at Chester was mowing yesterday.  Didn't know that it was an opportunity to pile on a place for being less developed.  

Chester/Colmesneil/Woodville/Warren may not have the nicest restaurants or all of the amenities of a "big city" but we don't have corruption in our schools (BISD), we don't have teachers engaged in inappropriate acts with students (BH), we don't have teachers hitting students (PA), etc.

Wild guess: Beaumont or Port Author

All that I said was that I saw the Coach at Chester was mowing yesterday. Didn't know that it was an opportunity to pile on a place for being less developed.

Chester/Colmesneil/Woodville/Warren may not have the nicest restaurants or all of the amenities of a "big city" but we don't have corruption in our schools (BISD), we don't have teachers engaged in inappropriate acts with students (BH), we don't have teachers hitting students (PA), etc.

Port Author?? You're real smart I see. Last time I checked it was spelled Port Arthur Tom.

UGK, are you just trying to be controversial? So the man used the wrong spelling; tone has a lot to say on a generic post. Your tone is very condescending toward deep east Texas. Best of luck to you, I'm done with this. The thread was about Deweyville's new coach; congratulations to him and best of luck.

I can tell you for certain that coaches in Sabine, San Augustine, and Shelby counties mow. There are few if any 1A or 2A schools where coaches do not perform field work. Wednesday night is field stripe night and Saturdays are work days prior to film. Mowing is typically the prestigious job.  

UGK, are you just trying to be controversial? So the man used the wrong spelling; tone has a lot to say on a generic post. Your tone is very condescending toward deep east Texas. Best of luck to you, I'm done with this. The thread was about Deweyville's new coach; congratulations to him and best of luck.

This clown UGK has 20 post as a newbie and all of them are negative. What a name UGK, LMAO! Let's all be rappers! lol ;)  :D  :lol:

This clown UGK has 20 post as a newbie and all of them are negative. What a name UGK, LMAO! Let's all be rappers! lol ;)  :D  :lol:

He has to start somewhere. There is nothing wrong with being negative, I have been accused of that myslef.

Wild guess:  Beaumont or Port Author

All that I said was that I saw the Coach at Chester was mowing yesterday.  Didn't know that it was an opportunity to pile on a place for being less developed.  

You small schools do have your problems, just less coverage and lack of utilities right! I have been in these towns and yes there is plenty of corruption, its a fact that know one wants to rat on their family(everybody is related)

Thank God I'm not from Southeast Texas. It's like going back in time when you come down here.

Wow, you really seem full of spite, that's a shame, East Texas is a GREAT place to be. Sounds like you could use a few quite evenings up there looking at the stars. It tends to make a man realize how small he is... and going back to living like "old times" doesn't sound half bad to me! Do I hear Mayberry's theme song? You are all whistling now aren't you?

Wow, you really seem full of spite, that's a shame, East Texas is a GREAT place to be. Sounds like you could use a few quite evenings up there looking at the stars. It tends to make a man realize how small he is... and going back to living like "old times" doesn't sound half bad to me! Do I hear Mayberry's theme song? You are all whistling now aren't you?

You hit the nail on the head brother...EAST Texas is great! As for going back to old times, I'm all for it!

You hit the nail on the head brother...EAST Texas is great! As for going back to old times, I'm all for it!

It is especially great if you are in the double digit IQ range.