Time To Rename Carol Thomas Stadium

You know I read these threads and some of them are funny, some are serious, but most of them hold the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.... Alex Durley has a stadium named after him. Why would you ever move his memorial? Why does everything in Beaumont have to be so racist? Carol Thomas was not a football coach and should have never had a football field named after him... Name a Science building or library after the guy...Steve Shaver is the only coach in BISD to ever be recognized as a 5A State Champion and not have a memorial. Actually, he was the last coach from this area to do it... This guy was an Athletic Director, Coach and Mentor to as may high school kids, if not more, than Alex Durley or the Levias fellow.... Im not knocking anyones accomplishments, but why does Coach Shaver never get any recognition? This guy has coached some great football players, and got alot of them to the next level, no matter what their color was.... He was a great role model for young people to look up to. You want to change the name of the football stadium, Change it to Steve Shaver Memorial Football Stadium... A person who coached football in BISD for 20 plus years, was color blind just like his players, and Coached the last 5A State Championship Team from BISD..... Should have been named after him in the first place....

You know I read these threads and some of them are funny, some are serious, but most of them hold the dumbest ideas I have ever heard.... Alex Durley has a stadium named after him. Why would you ever move his memorial? Why does everything in Beaumont have to be so racist? Carol Thomas was not a football coach and should have never had a football field named after him... Name a Science building or library after the guy...Steve Shaver is the only coach in BISD to ever be recognized as a 5A State Champion and not have a memorial. Actually, he was the last coach from this area to do it... This guy was an Athletic Director, Coach and Mentor to as may high school kids, if not more, than Alex Durley or the Levias fellow.... Im not knocking anyones accomplishments, but why does Coach Shaver never get any recognition? This guy has coached some great football players, and got alot of them to the next level, no matter what their color was.... He was a great role model for young people to look up to. You want to change the name of the football stadium, Change it to Steve Shaver Memorial Football Stadium... A person who coached football in BISD for 20 plus years, was color blind just like his players, and Coached the last 5A State Championship Team from BISD..... Should have been named after him in the first place....

Maybe because SETX is the MOST racist area in the state of Texas? Lol But yeah we know why certain people don't want a stadium with Dr. Thomas name on it.

Thomas is an ex coach, not sure what sport (s).

Maybe because SETX is the MOST racist area in the state of Texas? Lol But yeah we know why certain people don't want a stadium with Dr. Thomas name on it.

I'm with Dove that he's innocent until proven guilty.  However, I am afraid the evidence will be that a lot of thievery went on under his watch, whether he was complicit or negligent will be the question.  Either way, his period of leadership of BISD will NOT be its finest hour.  If he was involved, to say his prosecution is racially motivated would be ridiculous.  A better argument would be that those who blindly defend him are motivated by race.

Let's rename the damn thing after Bubba Smith.  Then it could be "The Bubba."

most of these people who are stealing were hired when Thomas was at the helm along with the walker electric

so yeah he's "butchered" BISD real good.

"Good ol Brother in lawin"  went into full effect when he was at the helm.....  

truth is the truth whether you like it or not.

Hasn't Walker's liscense been reinstated because they don't have enough evidence of his wrong doings?

Hasn't Walker's liscense been reinstated because they don't have enough evidence of his wrong doings?

Plea deal because of hung jury,,,,,he admitted to altering a check.....and also did what most innocent people do, plea to a lesser crime and give up 2 million or so dollars.....

as for his license.....had nothing to do with crime.....he met qualifications for a Masters license.

Plea deal because of hung jury,,,,,he admitted to altering a check.....and also did what most innocent people do, plea to a lesser crime and give up 2 million or so dollars.....

as for his license.....had nothing to do with crime.....he met qualifications for a Masters license.

Ok just asking, I'm not really knowlegable of his situation.

I think hey should name BABE(Jaguar Stadium) after him sine that's were he won most of his games. he coached many family members of mine. nice guy too. he taught me.

I'm with Dove that he's innocent until proven guilty.  However, I am afraid the evidence will be that a lot of thievery went on under his watch, whether he was complicit or negligent will be the question.  Either way, his period of leadership of BISD will NOT be its finest hour.  If he was involved, to say his prosecution is racially motivated would be ridiculous.  A better argument would be that those who blindly defend him are motivated by race.

Let's rename the damn thing after Bubba Smith.  Then it could be "The Bubba."

You must not realize how bad of shape Mallette left BISD in! And what in southeast Texas is not motivated by race? Naming anything in Beaumont TX after Bubba Smith would be a joke!

To the author of this thread. You've stated the name of the stadium shouldn't be the name of a crook or a crooked company. Last that I've heard, Dr. Thomas wasn't convicted of anything, therefore making him not a crook. Also, why does the name of a st adium bother so many? It's a nice stadium, all love to play there. Fans love it.

To the author of this thread. You've stated the name of the stadium shouldn't be the name of a crook or a crooked company. Last that I've heard, Dr. Thomas wasn't convicted of anything, therefore making him not a crook. Also, why does the name of a st adium bother so many? It's a nice stadium, all love to play there. Fans love it.

Fans love it. I noticed it myself.  

Or keep as is since under his administration, the district was able to afford a nice facility for BISD students.

you act like i really care about the name. i'm being sarcastic. but it should be of someone actually from Beaumont that meant something to football. jmo. A company should pay for naming rights though. its fair.  

Fans love it. I noticed it myself.  

i agree but it would be fair to say some fans though, i have heard that actually. most fans from North end, South end and Pear Orchard but not all buddy. just like some feel Ozen shouldnt have been Panthers. not my personal views but some people feel that way, remember that.