Ozen head coach applicant list released

I see Joe Bowser and Herkey Jerkey Metoyer(gym nickname) Metoyer applied.  JB was with Stump and coached some good Olines while @WB.  Metoyer's been on the staff for a minute and coached special(ed)teams lol for Ozen....

I'm surprised I didn't see Verill Young's name! He is the one that should be the next head coach! They should have a coach that is hard working, ethical, and leads by a positive example!

He dont wanna be apart of the mess thats in BISD right now, maybe thats why??

Micheal Watkins would be a great choice! He is great with the kids, a real disciplinarian.

He is a true spread guy! Kids love playing for him because he spreads the ball around so much.

The community doesn't want a spread offense but a multiple offensive set! This is one of the gripes they have is that the offense with the previous two coaches were too one dimensional! Pro-sets, I formation, split backs, single backs, tight ends, power I, double wing-T, spread, would utilize the talent at Ozen and make it difficult to line up against and defend. Spread is to easy to line up against and you have to have a quarterback who can read defenses and make all the throws! They don't have a quarterback in place that is dedicated to learning all of this at the moment!

Ok TEA gave Atkins his certification back and you guys are saying he shouldn't be around kids or teaching. This is the same people that you all say should take over BISD right? Smh sounds like you guys are contradicting yourself to me.
As for a spread offense at Ozen, Ozen needs a TRUE spread offense. More importantly a coach who can bring in a true spread offense to the program. Kinda like stump did at WB. It's up to the coaching staff to get the QB to learn how to read defenses.

Ok TEA gave Atkins his certification back and you guys are saying he shouldn't be around kids or teaching. This is the same people that you all say should take over BISD right? Smh sounds like you guys are contradicting yourself to me.
As for a spread offense at Ozen, Ozen needs a TRUE spread offense. More importantly a coach who can bring in a true spread offense to the program. Kinda like stump did at WB. It's up to the coaching staff to get the QB to learn how to read defenses.

Maybe BISD should set it's standards a little higher and pick a coach without a past involving underage girls.........just a thought....

Programs that are truly successful in a spread offense have QB's who go to QB Camps, take QB lessons and lift weights and train for this position. Ozen does not have QB's who are investing in their future by doing so! Successful coaches run offenses and defenses that fit their personnel and not just run things they usually run. It's not like college where you can recruit kids that will fit what you are trying to do but they have to fit what the kids are capable of doing.

Maybe BISD should set it's standards a little higher and pick a coach without a past involving underage girls.........just a thought....

Sounds like you're saying the man is guilty because he was accused? HMM, they did say TEA gave back his certification, I guess they don't know what they're doing either, or is that the case? HMM

Programs that are truly successful in a spread offense have QB's who go to QB Camps, take QB lessons and lift weights and train for this position. Ozen does not have QB's who are investing in their future by doing so! Successful coaches run offenses and defenses that fit their personnel and not just run things they usually run. It's not like college where you can recruit kids that will fit what you are trying to do but they have to fit what the kids are capable of doing.

So you think WB QB's used to go to camps when stump was there? Running a spread offense really isn't that complicated just look around texas more schools that have athletes run a spread offense. People in the pear orchard has been screaming for this multiple offense for ever but those days are over my friend. Even when I was playing the players on offense didn't buy into Rison's offense because they wanted to run the spread. Heck even Nederland was running the spread when I was in school.

The reason that people think that BISD should be taken over by TEA is because BISD has "lack of institutional control."  It has nothing to do with whether or not they hired Plez, but it does not help their situation.  He might be a great coach, and he might not have done what they accused him of... The reason that he was reinstated was not because he didn't do it, but because they could not prove that he did, which is different.  BISD has issues, but so does every ISD.  The difference is that BISD has MAJOR issues.  Millions missing, hush money being paid out, teachers and community losing trust in the leadership, now there are allegations that teachers are teaching directly to tests...

The people that it hurts the most are the children.  We are cheating these kids out of an education.  We are cheating them out of the opportunity to learn critical thinking.  We are cheating them out of of the chance build a relationship with a coach.  The kind of relationship that kids remember for the rest of their lives.  When you change people every year, you will never have that opportunity.  I feel sorry for the kids at Ozen, Central, and Westbrook, I feel sorry for the tax payers of BISD, and I feel sorry for the employees of this school district.

The reason that people think that BISD should be taken over by TEA is because BISD has "lack of institutional control."  It has nothing to do with whether or not they hired Plez, but it does not help their situation.  He might be a great coach, and he might not have done what they accused him of... The reason that he was reinstated was not because he didn't do it, but because they could not prove that he did, which is different.  BISD has issues, but so does every ISD.  The difference is that BISD has MAJOR issues.  Millions missing, hush money being paid out, teachers and community losing trust in the leadership, now there are allegations that teachers are teaching directly to tests...

The people that it hurts the most are the children.  We are cheating these kids out of an education.  We are cheating them out of the opportunity to learn critical thinking.  We are cheating them out of of the chance build a relationship with a coach.  The kind of relationship that kids remember for the rest of their lives.  When you change people every year, you will never have that opportunity.  I feel sorry for the kids at Ozen, Central, and Westbrook, I feel sorry for the tax payers of BISD, and I feel sorry for the employees of this school district.

So Atkins is guilty because he was accused of having an improper relationship with a female student? He was found not guilty, however you're still saying he's guilty? WOW!

So Atkins is guilty because he was accused of having an improper relationship with a female student? He was found not guilty, however you're still saying he's guilty? WOW!

It was never brought to trial.....He did a plea deal....that HE agreed to.....to keep it OUT of court.....

You are right....he may be guilty or he may be an angel......

However, I'm not sure what you would do, but if I had to hire a babysitter for my 15 year old daughter.......and had a choice of someone accused of an improper relationship (but never proven) and someone with no accusations........I would pick the one with no accusations just to be safe and pro-active.....wouldn't you?

I said they could not prove it.  I did not say that he did it.  I do not know if he did or did not.  It is his problem not mine.  

It was never brought to trial.....He did a plea deal....that HE agreed to.....to keep it OUT of court.....

You are right....he may be guilty or he may be an angel......

However, I'm not sure what you would do, but if I had to hire a babysitter for my 15 year old daughter.......and had a choice of someone accused of an improper relationship (but never proven) and someone with no accusations........I would pick the one with no accusations just to be safe and pro-active.....wouldn't you?

We aren't hiring a baby sitter we're hiring a football coach, one who doesn't teach a class and deal mainly with MALE students.

We aren't hiring a baby sitter we're hiring a football coach, one who doesn't teach a class and deal mainly with MALE students.

If I was the Sup. I would not hire anyone that had a questionable past.....and I would not be in the position he is in right now.....

We know BISD has made several bad hires.......mainly Haynes plus all the ones the FBI is investigating. It really does not surprise me of him trying to hire this coach....

I also get where you're coming from on his position and what he will be doing......but is he worth the negative reactions he will get from the public?

OK...so you would take the chance.....I would not.

And if I was the Sup. I would not hire anyone that had a questionable past.....and I would not be in the position he is in right now.....

We know BISD has made several bad hires.......mainly Haynes plus all the ones the FBI is investigating. It really does not surprise me of him trying to hire this coach....

Hold up wait, exactly what bad hires have Chargois made? He's only been the Sup. for a year I believe? Did he hire all these guys when he got hired? And what situation is he in, to my knowlege he met with the guy from TEA yesterday and his job is still in tact. I believe if TEA was going to make changes they'd be made by now. Just saying.

Hold up wait, exactly what bad hires have Chargois made? He's only been the Sup. for a year I believe? Did he hire all these guys when he got hired? And what situation is he in, to my knowlege he met with the guy from TEA yesterday and his job is still in tact. I believe if TEA was going to make changes they'd be made by now. Just saying.

I didn't say he made "all the bad hires"....I said "BISD" did.

His situation? His situation is he is being blamed for EVERYTHING that is wrong with BISD. According to the TEA reports, he was doing some pretty underhanded things....like telling staff not to communicate with TEA.

He may stay, but the TEA staff that Williams hired recommended a take over. I think it would be an insult to his staff if he did not take their recommendation......Why have them investigate if he does not go with their recommendations.

And thank you for debating and not getting upset like some on here!

I didn't say he made "all the bad hires"....I said "BISD" did.

His situation? His situation is he is being blamed for EVERYTHING that is wrong with BISD. According to the TEA reports, he was doing some pretty underhanded things....like telling staff not to communicate with TEA.

He may stay, but the TEA staff that Williams hired recommended a take over. I think it would be an insult to his staff if he did not take their recommendation......Why have them investigate if he does not go with their recommendations.

And thank you for debating and not getting upset like some on here!

I highly doubt TEA will take over, I think this investigation will be a warning for BISD to clean up their act.