UIL overturns Show eligibility

I still don't understand how transferring from a 5A powerhouse where every college scout knows who you are to a 2A school that's probably in a rice field somewhere is for athletic purposes.  Pearland may be a softball stud manufacturing factory, but I sure wouldn't want to grow up there.  It's near Hobby and the last time I went through there, I didn't think it was appealing at all.  Unless you like grafitti.   If the parents said they wanted a different environment to raise their kids, then is that totally ridiculous? 

I gotta agree with Eazy on this one.

Spend some time in Pearland and tell me you wouldn't want to move your kids out to a little country town!

Didn't the family actually move to East Bernard??? So what's the issue? When did it become illegal and why would it be, to move from one town to another???

Besides, she was not being recruited as a Pearland Oiler or based on what she does at East Bernard. The recruitment is hapening the rest of the year.

This is just another case of a bunch of power hungry AHoles on some BS committee in podunk nowhere!

I didn't mean to imply that it was the same person.  Just that it involved the select team coach from what I heard.  We live 6 miles from East Bernard so I was checking pretty hard because my daughter pitches for our jv when they have a game, which they do with East Bernard.  The weird thing is she starts for the varsity every game when the jv is not playing, even in district.

Sounds like some peolpe are trying to stir the rumor mill. My daughter played on the same select team with Sam but we couldn't convince them to make the move to HJ. Unless you've talked to the family and have the facts about what actually happened around the move, I'd say mind your own business. The Show's are a great family and I'm glad we got to spend some travel time with them. Having a daughter who plays for a smaller(3A) school and visiting with some of the select players who attend the 5A Houston area schools, I am not surprised by the move. My thinking is that if it hadn't been one of the highest profile HS players in the country, no one would even notice they moved. Good Luck to Sam and East Bernard in the playoffs!