YESSIR!!

PhatMack19

The players under Mack had become soft and entitled. That happens with many 5 star recruits. Everything is given to them and there are no consequences for their actions. They have been treated like kings during the recruiting period and many did not put in the effort once they got on campus. It's the coaches responsibility to squash that mentality and coach them up. THAT was not happening at UT for the last 4 years. MAck had turned into a grandfather figure and not a father figure

Do you have any data that backs up your claim, or are you just throwing stuff up against the wall and seeing what sticks? There are multiple studies that prove that the higher the star ranking, the more likely the player is to play on Sunday's. When your coach can't get these highly ranked players then your writers such as Fat Ketch and Chimp have to try to change the narrative and say that 3 stars work harder. They did a good job convincing you, so keep sending them your $9.95 each month.

When you add to that UT's inability to recruit and develop the QB position it amounts to "falling apart". Hell, if Swoops was at all consistent, that defense this year earned 3 or 4 more wins (K State, OU, BYU, TCU). You just can't win with your offense and special teams giving up 14 points in crucial games.

Texas lost these games by 23, 5, 34, & 38 points respectively. I'm not sure exactly how the defense earned a win in these games. A&M lost 59-0 to Bama, but they would have won if the offense would have scored 60......

Do you have any data that backs up your claim, or are you just throwing stuff up against the wall and seeing what sticks? There are multiple studies that prove that the higher the star ranking, the more likely the player is to play on Sunday's. When your coach can't get these highly ranked players then your writers such as Fat Ketch and Chimp have to try to change the narrative and say that 3 stars work harder. They did a good job convincing you, so keep sending them your $9.95 each month.

Texas lost these games by 23, 5, 34, & 38 points respectively. I'm not sure exactly how the defense earned a win in these games. A&M lost 59-0 to Bama, but they would have won if the offense would have scored 60......

Data? What data? I guess I could go pull up all the recruiting rankings for the past several years and it would prove my point. You can see the results on the field. Bama recruits and coaches their 5 start recuits. UT was not coaching them. The won-loss record proved that out or he would still be at UT.

As an aggie, you know that even if your offense if scoring quickly, putting your defense on the field for the majority of the game can lead to bad results. Add to that a Pick 6 here and Pick 6 there, a blocked FG for a TD. It adds up.

Yes. In most games your offense has to score 60 to win. That's how Sumlin runs the show. However, a superior coach with superior athletes will shut that show down faster than a North Korean hacker.

This database goes back to 2006:

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

I just went to the NCAA Legislative Services Database which list all major infractions handled by the NCAA.

And I found it interesting that the Current Big 12 teams have had a total of 14 major infractions reported and handled by the NCAA since 2000. The current members of t he SEC during the same time appear to have had 15 major infractions.

So that seems to dump a little cold water on the "assumption" that the SEC is the end all of wrong doing in the NCAA - at least when compared to the Big 12.

And just to compare Texas and Texas A&M - Texas had the most recent major violation and that was in 2002 - Texas A&M's last major violation was reported in 1994.

Of course the SEC hasn't had that many violations. Thieves don't snitch on each other. They were dismayed at the lack of "decorum" on the Cam Newton fiasco. But ask any D1 coach where cheating is most rampant. I promise you virtually all of their answers will be the same.

The 2002 infraction was for paying recruits? I didn't think so. When was A&M last competitive? Yeah, mid 90s...

For the record, I personally don't care what a recruit or his family gets. These kids are used in a multi-billion dollar industry under the guise of a free education. And then they are told which BS classes to take so they can stay eligible and we are hardly educating them. Personally, I think the rules are the rules and you should play by them but that's me. I would never report or judge a kid or his family because I'm not here to impose my morals or beliefs on them. If a school wants to pay them or their kid or get them a job, and they're cool with it, so be it. My name is Paul and that's between y'all.

Of course the SEC hasn't had that many violations. Thieves don't snitch on each other. They were dismayed at the lack of "decorum" on the Cam Newton fiasco. But ask any D1 coach where cheating is most rampant. I promise you virtually all of their answers will be the same.

The 2002 infraction was for paying recruits? I didn't think so. When was A&M last competitive? Yeah, mid 90s...

So again - No proof - No investigations and No Activity - so you can just say it and make it true?

So then if that is the case - the coaches that a year or so ago all stated that Briles at Baylor was crooked make it true? - I do not think so!

So if I were to say Texas cheats and "everybody" knows it - that makes it true - how interesting  ;)

And actually the 2002 violation was:  "Violation of honesty standards and bona fide outside employment and a failure to monitor."

Ouch - that would make Coach Strong angry - the Violation of Honesty  :D 

And TxHoops  - I will agree with you that there should be some kind of benefit for the student athlete.

However, if and when that happens it could be the death of the small college programs - Texas, Texas A&M, Bama, Oklahoma, and those can afford to pay the additional funds or would find a way to do so.  But schools like Texas State, SFA, Lamar, Sam Houston State and likely TCU and perhaps Baylor would be hurt immediately.

So again - No proof - No investigations and No Activity - so you can just say it and make it true?

So then if that is the case - the coaches that a year or so ago all stated that Briles at Baylor was crooked make it true? - I do not think so!

So if I were to say Texas cheats and "everybody" knows it - that makes it true - how interesting ;)

And actually the 2002 violation was: "Violation of honesty standards and bona fide outside employment and a failure to monitor."

Ouch - that would make Coach Strong angry - the Violation of Honesty :D

So again, you ASSume that I have no proof. Once again, I could give you concrete examples of several instances of major violations/cheating. Almost all of them involve an SEC school (3 different ones off hand come to mind). All come from either a coach, a booster involved, or a kid/family. I would NEVER put a kid's name on the internet nor snitch on a kid or his family. Again, none of my business. But you are correct - me saying it is true does not make it true. The fact that it happened makes it true. You can assume I have no proof all you want. But you know what they say about assuming...

And TxHoops - I will agree with you that there should be some kind of benefit for the student athlete.

However, if and when that happens it could be the death of the small college programs - Texas, Texas A&M, Bama, Oklahoma, and those can afford to pay the additional funds or would find a way to do so. But schools like Texas State, SFA, Lamar, Sam Houston State and likely TCU and perhaps Baylor would be hurt immediately.

All D1 schools can afford to pay their football and basketball players a stipend. It's not going to be a bidding war on players - if anything, it's going to be a set amount (believe me it will be modest or the greedy b%^|€€\s wouldn't approve it) going to each athlete. And as for the SHs, SFAs, and Lamars, it's not like they are competing for the same players as the Texas's and A&Ms anyway. Granted, girls soccer may not get the same benefits (except in Aggieland) but they also aren't bringing in any revenue. This is a capitalist society we live in, after all.

came across some ####, found it interesting... thought Id drop it here

These guys didn't get beat in 106,000 seat stadiums. The scouts in the know were at these schools. They better be.

Steve McNair - Alcorn St.
Ed "Too-Tall" Jones - Tennessee St.
Wayne Chrebet - Hofstra
Marques Colston - Hofstra
Jeremiah Trotter - Stephen F. Austin
Randy Moss - Marshall
Terry Bradshaw - Louisiana Tech
Jason Taylor - Akron
Darrell Green - Texas A&M
Robert Mathis - Alabama A&M
Corey Williams - Arkansas St.
Jared Allen - Idaho St.
Antonio Gates - Kent St.
Jake Delhomme - Louisianna-Lafayette
Darren Sharper - College of William Mary
Al Harris - Texas A&M
Gene Upshaw - Texas A&M
Rodney Harrison - Western Illinois
d*ck "Night Train" Lane - Scottsbluff JuCo
Adalius Thomas - Southern Miss
Bart Scott - Southern Illinois
Rich Gannon - Delaware
Michael Strahan - Texas Southern
Rashean Mathis - Bethune Cookman
Donald Driver - Alcorn St
Brandon Marshall - UCF
Terrell Owens - Tennessee Chatanooga
Brian Westbook - Villanova
Jimmy Smith - Jackson State
Jerry Rice - Mississippi Valley State
Tony Romo - Eastern Illinois
Brandon Jacobs - Southern Illinois
Kurt Warner - Northern Iowa
London Fletcher - John Carroll
Aeneas Williams - Southern
Walter Payton - Jackson State
Lofa Tatupa - Maine (transfered to USC after a couple years)
Larry Allen - Sonama State
Steve Young - BYU
Andre Reed - Kutztown
Phil Simms - Morehead State
Doug Williams - Grambling State

theyre not all 1AA schools but most of them are..... ####, Fletcher/Larry Allen/d*ck Lane and a few other greats went to 1AAA schools :wow:

So again, you ASSume that I have no proof. Once again, I could give you concrete examples of several instances of major violations/cheating. Almost all of them involve an SEC school (3 different ones off hand come to mind). All come from either a coach, a booster involved, or a kid/family. I would NEVER put a kid's name on the internet nor snitch on a kid or his family. Again, none of my business. But you are correct - me saying it is true does not make it true. The fact that it happened makes it true. You can assume I have no proof all you want. But you know what they say about assuming...

You have proof then I will back off.

But the fact is that my Aggie's and Raider's as well as your Horns likely bend and twist the rules a lot more than any of us will ever admit too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yessir!

http://247sports.com/Player/Zarrian-Holcombe-77094

I don't know what to think of this

@gkketch: Love the commitment of Zarrian Holcombe for the Aggies. One of my favorite under-the-radar prospects in the entire state.

Summer Creek? Hope he's not overrated like the football prog…….. Nevermind