YESSIR!!

PhatMack19

@Perroni247: Former Texas OT commit Connor Lanfear “@CoachSumlin: #YESSIR!”

And another one. I guess he wasn't TexasStrong

YESSIR!!!

Texas A&M being in the SEC -- that’s a very big pull to me," Lanfear said. "It’s playing against the best of the best. I heard something like more than half the players that declared early for the draft came out of the SEC. That’s a large pull for me."

• 2 weeks later...

YESSIR!!!

Texas A&M being in the SEC -- that’s a very big pull to me," Lanfear said. "It’s playing against the best of the best. I heard something like more than half the players that declared early for the draft came out of the SEC. That’s a large pull for me."

That kind of quote. Never believe the SEC hype.

That kind of quote. Never believe the SEC hype.

Yesterday Baylor added football powerhouse Incarnate Word to their future schedule. For those of you who make jokes about the SEC out of conference schedules, check out the schedule for the supposed top program in the Big 12-2.

Baylor's non-conference schedules:

08/31 - SMU
09/06 - Northwestern State
09/12 - at Buffalo

09/05 - at SMU
09/12 - Lamar
09/26 - Rice

09/03 - Northwestern State
09/17 - SMU
09/24 - at Rice

09/09 - UTSA
09/23 - Duke

09/08 - at UTSA
09/15 - at Duke

8/31 - Incarnate Word
09/07 - UTSA
09/14 - at Rice

• 2 weeks later...

And Sumlin lands another one. Many people project the Silsbee Olineman to be one of the top players in the state for 2016 when the rankings come out.

@skhanjr: Texas A&M has landed a commitment from 2016 OL Patrick Hudson out of Silsbee. #Aggies #txhsfb

Hudson is the real deal. He will be the best to ever come out of Silsbee, any position.

Highlights from last season:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/3166459/highlights/85536390

• 3 weeks later...

On the commitment front - I think it is telling that on the list of targeted recruits (on 24/7 Sports) for Texas and Texas A&M the number of athletes that have both Texas and Texas A&M in their favorites appears to be very limited and even more limited is the number that have Texas and Texas A&M in their top 2 (like 1 or 2).  In the past a lot of Texas Athletes who wanted to play in Texas had  to make a decision between Texas and Texas A&M and that appears to have changed as it is either Texas A&M and other schools or Texas and other schools.

It was also notable that Baylor has huge large in-roads into Texas A&M and Texas recruiting as several targets of Texas A&M and Texas have Baylor as their school of choice.

On the commitment front - I think it is telling that on the list of targeted recruits (on 24/7 Sports) for Texas and Texas A&M the number of athletes that have both Texas and Texas A&M in their favorites appears to be very limited and even more limited is the number that have Texas and Texas A&M in their top 2 (like 1 or 2).  In the past a lot of Texas Athletes who wanted to play in Texas had  to make a decision between Texas and Texas A&M and that appears to have changed as it is either Texas A&M and other schools or Texas and other schools.

It was also notable that Baylor has huge large in-roads into Texas A&M and Texas recruiting as several targets of Texas A&M and Texas have Baylor as their school of choice.

Well that's kind of true but not really. I put the link up so you can go back and check A&M's classes for the last decade before Sumlin got there. The top recruits from the state either went to Texas or out of state like Luck and Stafford did. The kids A&M used to get didn't have offers to Texas, much like JF didn't. Other than Joekel and Michael, I don't think Texas even recruited the level of guys A&M was getting.

At that time if Texas wanted 25 players, they gave out about 45 offers. One time I saw they signed 19 from 33 offers. I think the decisions back then were either Texas, OU, or out of state as you can see from A&M never producing a class ranked higher than 15. IMO A&M will only be able to recruit the way they have the last couple of years if Sumlin hangs around. I think the Aggie admins see it too which is why Sumlin gets a raise for winning less games than he did the year before, yet Mark Richt and Les Miles are always on the verge of being run out of town for winning 10 games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/all/all

Well that's kind of true but not really. I put the link up so you can go back and check A&M's classes for the last decade before Sumlin got there. The top recruits from the state either went to Texas or out of state like Luck and Stafford did. The kids A&M used to get didn't have offers to Texas, much like JF didn't. Other than Joekel and Michael, I don't think Texas even recruited the level of guys A&M was getting.

At that time if Texas wanted 25 players, they gave out about 45 offers. One time I saw they signed 19 from 33 offers. I think the decisions back then were either Texas, OU, or out of state as you can see from A&M never producing a class ranked higher than 15. IMO A&M will only be able to recruit the way they have the last couple of years if Sumlin hangs around. I think the Aggie admins see it too which is why Sumlin gets a raise for winning less games than he did the year before, yet Mark Richt and Les Miles are always on the verge of being run out of town for winning 10 games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/all/all

2011- Von Miller #2 overall
2012- Ryan Tannehill #8 overall
2013- Luke Joeckel #2 overall
2014- Johnny
Mike Evans
Jake Mathews
2015- Cedric Ogbuehi(received 1st round grade but is headed back to school. Will be top pick in 2015)

Those are all Sherman recruits so it seems A&M was doing a decent job recruiting before Sumlin. The 2010 offensive lineman class may be the greatest ever with 3- 1st rounders.

Really doesn't matter if Sumlin hangs around or not the Ags is getting & will continue to get recruits since they play in the SEC.... 

247 Sports 2014 Final Recruiting Rankings 7 out of the 10 was from the SEC

Of the 30 invited to the NFL Draft 11 out of the 30 is from the SEC...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10824641/2014-nfl-draft-nfl-announces-30-prospects-attend-draft