YESSIR!!

PhatMack19

^^^^^^^Big recruits about to start rolling in.
"Kyler said a lot of players have been waiting on him to decide and he's going to recruit hard for A&M." per interview with Brice Jones

OTARO ALAKA ‏@OtaroAlaka 8m
And we e bout to get #1 WR in Texas too #staytuned

^^^^^^^Big recruits about to start rolling in.
"Kyler said a lot of players have been waiting on him to decide and he's going to recruit hard for A&M." per interview with Brice Jones

OTARO ALAKA ‏@OtaroAlaka 8m
And we e bout to get #1 WR in Texas too #staytuned

Yup, Malik Jefferson, Christian Kirk, Kemah siverand...the next month should be interesting.

Not to mention Allen's left tackle Greg Little is the the #1 player in the country for 2016. Let the dominoes start falling.

Yup, Malik Jefferson, Christian Kirk, Kemah siverand...the next month should be interesting.

Not to mention Allen's left tackle Greg Little is the the #1 player in the country for 2016. Let the dominoes start falling.

According to Howard Chen of CSN Houston, Cy Ridge Top247 wide receiver Kemah Siverand plans to make his commitment on Thursday. The No. 170 composite prospect in the country is thought to be a battle between Texas and Texas A&M but the 6-foot, 183-pound junior listed the Aggies as his top school earlier on Wednesday.

Siverand will be announcing his decision at 2:55 p.m. Central time.

Gig'em!!!

#WRTS

So if 3-4 years down the road his teams are "winning" games, but have not won an SEC Division title, SEC Conference title, or have made the new BCS Playoffs, will you be OK with that?

I will not like it, but if the ags are losing to top 10 ranked opponents, and taking care of everybody else, a change of coaches wont fix that.  It's no disgrace to get beaten by Bama or LSU.   I would like to think that the Ags can be Auburn like.  Put it all together once every few years and make a run at the title, but if it doesnt happen in the next 3 years, and they go 8-4, 9-3 or 10-2, the Ags would be crazy to make a change.

Last 4 years Bama has won more BCS National Championships than they have SEC Conference Championships and Divisional Championships in that span....

Gig'em

#WRTS

True, but under the new playoff system, even the SEC is going to be hard-pressed to send a one loss team into the 4 team system along with their conference champion.

So if 3-4 years down the road his teams are "winning" games, but have not won an SEC Division title, SEC Conference title, or have made the new BCS Playoffs, will you be OK with that?

Likely not.  But if Aggie's are realistic than as long as Sumlin is winning 8-10 game a years and only losing to top rated teams then I could live with that.  The reality of playing in the current SEC is that you will likely face 4-5 ranked teams every year and that many of  those will be ranked in the top 10 - that will equate to having a real hard time in winning regularly in the SEC - Hell only Alabama has been able to year in and year out win 11+ games every year.

As I have stated in the past the playing field as it is today is much more level than it was when Texas was able to win 10-11 games year in and year out and the reason that Texas always expects to be the best team is that history - that will be harder for Texas or any team to year in and year out win 10-11 games (and even harder in the SEC).

So the quick answer to that question is yes if he has a good program and wins 8-11 games a year - I could see myself being content.  Would like to see a NC game for A&M in the near future but I really see the odds for that to be likely as low.  That being said I will say the same thing for most teams - with the notable exception of Alabama.

****South Carolina has had a 11-2 record for " 3 Consecutive Years (11-13)" and hasn't won a SEC East Division title nor played in a SEC Championship game in that time frame!!! That should tell you something.......****

So to answer your question as long as Sumlin keeps using his "gadgets" to get/pull Top Recruits around the country and keeps a winning record+bowl wins then I'm ok with it as you see its much harder to accomplish Divisional and Conference Titles in this league ask South Carolina!!!

Gig'em

#WRTS

List stolen from recruiting board. Top players in the state of Texas ranked by 247. We'll probably have 5 of the top 6 in the state

The current status of A&M's relationship with the top players in Texas:

1. Malik Jefferson, OLB, Predictions: 70% to A&M
2. Kendall Sheffield, CB, Predictions: 96% to A&M
3. Daylon Mack, DT, Committed to A&M
4. Kyler Murray, QB, Committed to A&M
6. Damarkus Lodge, WR, Predictions: 21% to A&M
11. James Lockhart, SDE, Predictions: 61% to A&M, the last 13 predict A&M
12. Kris Boyd, CB, Predictions: 50% to A&M, 10 of the last 15 predict A&M
15. Larry Pryor, S, Committed to A&M
20. Trevor Elbert, T, Committed to A&M
23. Jordan Davis, TE, Committed to A&M
24. Kemah Siverand, WR, Predictions: 63% to A&M (with rumors of him committing soon, maybe even today)
25. Justin Dunning, S, Committed to A&M
32. Jay Bradford, RB, Committed to A&M