YESSIR!!

PhatMack19

2011- Von Miller #2 overall
2012- Ryan Tannehill #8 overall
2013- Luke Joeckel #2 overall
2014- Johnny
Mike Evans
Jake Mathews
2015- Cedric Ogbuehi(received 1st round grade but is headed back to school. Will be top pick in 2015)

Those are all Sherman recruits so it seems A&M was doing a decent job recruiting before Sumlin. The 2010 offensive lineman class may be the greatest ever with 3- 1st rounders.

Makes one wonder what Sumlin did to deserve a raise.

This is just the SOS from Texas fans - A&M is here now but will soon fade into oblivion - regardless of the facts - the other side is that A&M is here stay for a long time and Texas will have to deal with the results.  

Texas fans must have a crystal ball or something because they see (1) Everything for Texas going the right way; and (2) A&M just being lucky and they will disappear soon.  Facts appear that neither of those are actually happening at this time but let Texas fans think what they want.

Also, most of the experts are at this time saying Kyler Murray is still leaning towards Texas A&M (24/7 if you can believe them have is at the moment 98% A&M and 2% Oregon) but yet now he is leaning to Oregon.  Who knows where he will go but I actually think that before this is over Texas Tech will be a player for his services.

Even with Anderson gone (and many do no think he is 100% gone) they still have the 3rd best list of commitments so far - BUT the shine has some off!!!

Also, most of the experts are at this time saying Kyler Murray is still leaning towards Texas A&M (24/7 if you can believe them have is at the moment 98% A&M and 2% Oregon) but yet now he is leaning to Oregon. Who knows where he will go but I actually think that before this is over Texas Tech will be a player for his services.

Even with Anderson gone (and many do no think he is 100% gone) they still have the 3rd best list of commitments so far - BUT the shine has some off!!!

Tech already has the other top QB in the state committed, so I don't see Kyler going there. If Kyle Allen wins the starting job and does well that may hinder A&M's chances with Kyler. I don't think he wants to sit for 3 years.

Mariotta is gone after this year so Oregon will be in the mix. Baylor will probably make a run at him also

Taylor Hamm says the Oregon 24/7 just had a gut pick lol.

"Matt doesn't have any special intel on Murray. I'm real close with those guys at the Oregon site. It was just a "gut" pick."

Matt Prehm, Oregon 24/7-

"We've not spoken with Hamm regarding my Crystal Ball pick, so I don't know where he's getting that. It most certainly wasn't just a gut pick."

LOL

You ags are giving the sec way more credit than manziel..without johnny the sec wouldn't have meant any more than it does to miss st. This year without johnny is going to show the true "sec" effect and its going to be ugly.

Sorry Taylor Hamm is no expert, he is tool.

You may well be right - A&M does have several questions that do need to be answered - defense and QB being the top 2.  I still do not think that A&M even if they do have a few bad years will go away due to (1) new updated facilities and (2) the SEC.  

In in regard to Hamm - some Texas fans believe anyone that does not agree with them = tool.  So forgive me if I do not agree.

No Hamm is tool because he followed a recruit in a bathroom and has zero objectivity.

I don't think atm is going to go away, but I have to wonder about the arrogance that came about the last two years with having a once in a life time player...and yet you guys still didn't win anything. I cant imagine what would happen if you actually did win a NC or even a sec title. 

Tech already has the other top QB in the state committed, so I don't see Kyler going there. If Kyle Allen wins the starting job and does well that may hinder A&M's chances with Kyler. I don't think he wants to sit for 3 years.

Mariotta is gone after this year so Oregon will be in the mix. Baylor will probably make a run at him also

Actually I agree with you - I do not think that Kyler is a A&M lock - Oregon has dipped into the A&M bucket before with a lot of success.  And Allen is the wildcard - but Kyler will be pursued by a lot of the Big Boys and I am not sure where he lands will be determined until real close to signing day.

Taylor Hamm says the Oregon 24/7 just had a gut pick lol.

"Matt doesn't have any special intel on Murray. I'm real close with those guys at the Oregon site. It was just a "gut" pick."

Matt Prehm, Oregon 24/7-

"We've not spoken with Hamm regarding my Crystal Ball pick, so I don't know where he's getting that. It most certainly wasn't just a gut pick."

LOL

Fat Ketch is way better......

2011- Von Miller #2 overall
2012- Ryan Tannehill #8 overall
2013- Luke Joeckel #2 overall
2014- Johnny
Mike Evans
Jake Mathews
2015- Cedric Ogbuehi(received 1st round grade but is headed back to school. Will be top pick in 2015)
Those are all Sherman recruits so it seems A&M was doing a decent job recruiting before Sumlin. The 2010 offensive lineman class may be the greatest ever with 3- 1st rounders.

True, once they got there all the guys you mentioned developed well. None of those guys that were drafted had offers to go to Texas though. All of them except Matthews and maybe Joeckel would've been a Longhorn if offered. I wasn't really talking draft because other than the last two or three years the players drafted from A&M and Texas aren't really close. Sumlin does have it going now though.

True, once they got there all the guys you mentioned developed well. None of those guys that were drafted had offers to go to Texas though. All of them except Matthews and maybe Joeckel would've been a Longhorn if offered. I wasn't really talking draft because other than the last two or three years the players drafted from A&M and Texas aren't really close. Sumlin does have it going now though.

Those guys are going to be schocked when Johnny and Drake don't come to practice next year. Kind of like all those guys that saw "Top Gun", enlisted, and found out that Kelly McGillis was NOT in the Navy.

Really doesn't matter if Sumlin hangs around or not the Ags is getting & will continue to get recruits since they play in the SEC.... 

247 Sports 2014 Final Recruiting Rankings 7 out of the 10 was from the SEC

Of the 30 invited to the NFL Draft 11 out of the 30 is from the SEC...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10824641/2014-nfl-draft-nfl-announces-30-prospects-attend-draft

You keep drinking that SEC kool-aid. South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Miss. State, and Vandy are also in the SEC. None of them had a class ranked higher than 16 last year according to Rivals. So while half the SEC classes were top 10, the other half had classes ranked in the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Sumlin can get these highly recruited guys from urban areas because like McKinney said, "he can relate" to the players. You think Noil is picking A&M over LSU or 'Bama if Sumlin isn't there? Maybe Lanfear's comments threw you off, right after he said "they also play in the SEC", he said " . . . and they have horses right by the stadium". Things will start to tail off once recruits' hosts start to tell them about how they got arrested for what they deemed petty and how they have to go to Bryan to fit in.

You keep drinking that SEC kool-aid. South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Miss. State, and Vandy are also in the SEC. None of them had a class ranked higher than 16 last year according to Rivals. So while half the SEC classes were top 10, the other half had classes ranked in the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Sumlin can get these highly recruited guys from urban areas because like McKinney said, "he can relate" to the players. You think Noil is picking A&M over LSU or 'Bama if Sumlin isn't there? Maybe Lanfear's comments threw you off, right after he said "they also play in the SEC", he said " . . . and they have horses right by the stadium". Things will start to tail off once recruits' hosts start to tell them about how they got arrested for what they deemed petty and how they have to go to Bryan to fit in.

Forgive me but I use 247 Sports Instead of Rivals..

247 Sports 2014 Team Rankings:

South Carolina #15

Kentucky #23

Ole Miss ##14 (Finished #4 In 2013)

Arkansas #30

Missouri #39

Mississippi St. #34

Vandy #46

Cougar14 match any other conference in recruiting top to bottom & you should get the picture btw you forgot about Tennessee in your assessment as they were in the bottom of the SEC last year (2-6) but finished #7 in recruiting!!

To answer your Speedy Noil question if Sumlin wasn't there, just depends on the Offense the Ags ran but regardless he would've been in the SEC.

Johnny got Noil to A&M, didnt matter if Sumlin was there or not, period.

Noil knew they would never play together so I don't see how Johnny got him there. He wants to play in Sumlin's offense. Noil tore it up in Spring practice. Look for him to be one of the top true freshman in the country next year.

Forgive me but I use 247 Sports Instead of Rivals..

247 Sports 2014 Team Rankings:

South Carolina #15
Kentucky #23
Ole Miss ##14 (Finished #4 In 2013)
Arkansas #30
Missouri #39
Mississippi St. #34
Vandy #46

Cougar14 match any other conference in recruiting top to bottom & you should get the picture btw you forgot about Tennessee in your assessment as they were in the bottom of the SEC last year (2-6) but finished #7 in recruiting!!

To answer your Speedy Noil question if Sumlin wasn't there, just depends on the Offense the Ags ran but regardless he would've been in the SEC.

I didn't forget about Tennessee, I named the 7 teams I meant. You're kind of proving my point, the only difference is 247 has Ole Miss and SC a spot or two higher. They also put more classes in the 30's though. Your Tennessee argument is pretty funny, Texas finished 2-6 in the sorry Big 12 in 2010 and had the #3 class in the nation according to 247. A&M's class with Manziel and Evans was 31st that year in case you were wondering.

Maybe I'm missing something, but A&M loses the same amount of games in the SEC that they did in the Big 12. I guess Aggie just feels better about losing to Missouri now because they're both in the SEC?

Johnny got Noil to A&M, didnt matter if Sumlin was there or not, period.

Sumlin got Noel Ellis the year before from the Edna Karr which is the same school Noil went to. I'm sure he was probably one of his hosts and had more influence on him than any other factor, even Sumlin and his offense. Either way Sumlin is the root cause for both of them to be there.

Noil knew they would never play together so I don't see how Johnny got him there. He wants to play in Sumlin's offense. Noil tore it up in Spring practice. Look for him to be one of the top true freshman in the country next year.

It would be impressive if it was not against the aggie defense.

I didn't forget about Tennessee, I named the 7 teams I meant. You're kind of proving my point, the only difference is 247 has Ole Miss and SC a spot or two higher. They also put more classes in the 30's though. Your Tennessee argument is pretty funny, Texas finished 2-6 in the sorry Big 12 in 2010 and had the #3 class in the nation according to 247. A&M's class with Manziel and Evans was 31st that year in case you were wondering.

Maybe I'm missing something, but A&M loses the same amount of games in the SEC that they did in the Big 12. I guess Aggie just feels better about losing to Missouri now because they're both in the SEC?

You just proved my point with A&M class of Manziel and Evans 31st in the country now look since they joined the SEC!!

FYI 1/1 with Missouri &  Bama, Auburn, LSU isn't anything to be ashamed off.

SEC West best division in college football bar none its like the NFC West division which is also considered the best division in the NFL and Arizona went 2-4 in the NFC West Division but was 10-6 overall that means they only lost 2 games outta of there own division & didn't make the playoffs but Green Bay did 3-2-1 won NFC North division and was 8-7 overall so a 8-7 team made it & a 10-6 didn't amazing right. New England in 08 was 4-2 in the AFC East 11-5 overall and didn't make the playoffs but a 5-1 AFC West 8-8 overall San Diego Chargers did since they won there division hopefully these example will help you.......