YESSIR!!

PhatMack19

Aggies dont see their own decline smdh. They were better in the Big12 lol. Cant sniff a division title in the SEC lol

I can take you to an L$U practice and walk around the parking lot. Virtually every vehicle is from the same dealership. The guy who owns/runs the dealership is not an L$U alum, not a booster, but sits in a box at every game. And has been providing Tiger$ with wheels for over a decade.

Geez - I wonder why???? 😂😂😂😂😂 The smell of the Mississip just that alluring?

Could it be exposure? Playing every game on TV in front of the entire country instead of regional games is pretty nice. It also doesn't hurt that you play against the best players in the country each week. This gets proven over and over each year by these same recruiting rankings and NFL Draft picks. I'll keep posting facts and yall can keep posting gossip and looking silly.

Let's look at stadium size. Imagine if you are a big time recruit visiting a game. Would you rather go to a Bama game with 102,000 fans or a TCU game last year that maybe had 5,000?

Stadium Capacities(rounded down to nearest thousand)

A&M- 106,000
Tennesse- 102,000
LSU- 102,000
Bama- 101,000
Georgia- 92,000
Florida- 88,000
Auburn- 87,000
USC- 80,000
Arkansas- 76,000
Mizzou- 71,000
Kentucky- 68,000
Miss St- 61,000
Ole Miss- 60,000
Vandy- 40,000

Texas-100,000
OU- 82,000
OSU- 60,000
Tech- 60,000
WV- 60,000
Iowa State- 56,000
Kansas- 50,000
K-State- 50,000
Baylor- 45,000
TCU- 45,000

Ole Miss has the 2nd smallest stadium in the SEC with a little over 60,000 seats. That would rank as the 3rd largest in the Big12.

Recruits get to go to games all over the country if they are good enough. The atmospheres in the Big 12 and SEC aren't even remotely close and the recruits notice.

Christian Kirk on who he's recruiting...
Caught up with five-star receiver Christian Kirk to find out who he'll be recruiting now that he's officially a part of the Texas A&M recruiting class...

"Malik Jefferson is going to be No. 1. I have a couple days and I've been talking to him. I'm still going to talk to Kris Boyd. We're all in a group message right now and we all talk. Those two guys, and I'm going to try to get DaMarkus Lodge back and hopefully I'll be able to play next to him."

Blair Angulo
West Coast Recruiting Analyst
@BAngulo

Could it be exposure? Playing every game on TV in front of the entire country instead of regional games is pretty nice. It also doesn't hurt that you play against the best players in the country each week. This gets proven over and over each year by these same recruiting rankings and NFL Draft picks. I'll keep posting facts and yall can keep posting gossip and looking silly.

You are the resident expert on looking silly...

However....the L$U example isn't gossip. That info comes from THE source.

You can choose to believe what you want. Fact is, anytime the Ags have been relevant for any period of time (in the non-leather helmet era), they have been caught cheating. They join the dirtiest conference there is and all of a sudden they aren't getting the culls year in and year out like they were, despite consecutive 7th and 9th place conference finishes. The only difference in this stretch and the previous ones is that this time you apparently don't have a coach who can take those paid players and win.

Txwhooooops, you know I love you bro.
Brother from a another mother.
I've been out of pocket. Found out my Dad has cancer, then complications put him in the hospital for that last 5 days. I Don't even know what day it is.
This site is a stress relief.
Good news is he got to come home last night.

I've been out of pocket. Found out my Dad has cancer, then complications put him in the hospital for that last 5 days. I Don't even know what day it is.

You know it's mutual :). My prayers are with you, your father and your family, brother.

Man, I hate cancer! I pray the treatments go well for your dad and your family. It's tough on all parties involved. 

This place is a great stress relief. However, I can really tell when things are tough at home because my replies get a little terse. 

Hang in there. You're never alone.

Aggies dont see their own decline smdh. They were better in the Big12 lol. Cant sniff a division title in the SEC lol 

Under your argument - Then Texas as well is on the decline:

2013: 8 - 5

2014: 6 - 6 and very likely 6 - 7

Fired the coach and got worse results - but "they have turned the corner".

The SEC is the deciding factor. Why? Let's look back at the previous times A&M bested UT in recruiting. What happened? What was the deciding factor? Was it that Collie Station was more desirable than Austin? Was it that A&M had suddenly become a better institution than Texas? Maybe, but maybe not $$$$

A&M went the conference where $$$ is rampant and there is no shame in $$$howing recruits the benefits of playing in that conference. It is no secret that it is the dirtiest of the dirty. But I'm sure, unlike last time, A&M is running a clean ship. I mean, I hear College Station is lovely now this time of year...

So let's just step off our little recruiting soap boxes and call a spade a spade. The sad part is this time you can't even buy wins. Eventually, they will at least go where they can profit and win....

This is typical Texas fan and anti-SEC banter.  

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM - WELL THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER - THEY MUST BE CHEATING.

Prove it them make the accusations - and if you think Texas is just a saint in this regard - you are very likely wrong.

Sorry man - if Strong cannot sell the Texas brand he can not sell any team in any conference.

No question about that. I think the honeymoon will be over next year. I am rooting for the guy even though I didn't like the hire because I truly believe he tries to do things the "right way." But he works for a pretty unpopular AD and a lame duck president. We also have a Longhorn football-crazy governor-elect who's about to blow up the BOR. He's gonna have to win and pretty quickly.

Prove it them make the accusations - and if you think Texas is just a saint in this regard - you are very likely wrong.

I will admit I don't know what's going on with Strong but cheating does not fit his MO and if he is, he's not particularly good at it.

I do know of 2 kids in particular who sat in Mack Brown's office and asked for "a deal." Both were told "best of luck, we're not interested." Both ended up at SEC schools.

Under your argument - Then Texas as well is on the decline:

2013: 8 - 5

2014: 6 - 6 and very likely 6 - 7

Fired the coach and got worse results - but "they have turned the corner".

New regimes first year. Sumlin has been declining ever since he got there. Numbers in that win column dont lie ;)

Typical banter because history shows that's been the case...

I just went to the NCAA Legislative Services Database which list all major infractions handled by the NCAA.

And I found it interesting that the Current Big 12 teams have had a total of 14 major infractions reported and handled by the NCAA since 2000.  The current members of t he SEC during the same time appear to have had 15 major infractions.  

So that seems to dump a little cold water on the "assumption" that the SEC is the end all of wrong doing in the NCAA - at least when compared to the Big 12.

And just to compare Texas and Texas A&M - Texas had the most recent major violation and that was in 2002 - Texas A&M's last major violation was reported in 1994.

You have to scrape the walls before you can paint.

Yeah that Texas Athletic Program was just falling apart - keep on telling yourself that and finally you will believe it.

Fact is that Mack was there 16 years and only had one season that he lost as many games as Strong did this year - in fact other than that year he really never came close again.

He also had great recruiting classes every year prior to Strong taking over - so the cupboard was not bare and the paint was not peeling.  

Can Strong turn it around - I think he may - but I do look forward to next years conversation if he is 6 - 7 again (which is a distinct possibility) or even 7 - 6 - will be very interesting. 

Yeah that Texas Athletic Program was just falling apart - keep on telling yourself that and finally you will believe it.

Fact is that Mack was there 16 years and only had one season that he lost as many games as Strong did this year - in fact other than that year he really never came close again.

He also had great recruiting classes every year prior to Strong taking over - so the cupboard was not bare and the paint was not peeling.  

Can Strong turn it around - I think he may - but I do look forward to next years conversation if he is 6 - 7 again (which is a distinct possibility) or even 7 - 6 - will be very interesting. 

Athletic program? We're talkin' 'bout football!

The players under Mack had become soft and entitled. That happens with many 5 star recruits. Everything is given to them and there are no consequences for their actions. They have been treated like kings during the recruiting period and many did not put in the effort once they got on campus. It's the coaches responsibility to squash that mentality and coach them up. THAT was not happening at UT for the last 4 years. MAck had turned into a grandfather figure and not a father figure.

UT benefited by the Big XII being a very top heavy conference. Now, the middle groups have caught up and some have passed them. It was time to make a change. 

When you add to that UT's inability to recruit and develop the QB position it amounts to "falling apart". Hell, if Swoops was at all consistent, that defense this year earned 3 or 4 more wins (K State, OU, BYU, TCU). You just can't win with your offense and special teams giving up 14 points  in crucial games.

Strong will get the "benefit of the doubt" for one more year. Then results will be expected.