Nederland @ WOS scrimmage

Rare that two of the very best teams in the Golden Triangle get together for a scrimmage. Thompson and Neuman are the most experienced and best coaches in the area, and you know they will not play their hand in a scrimmage. I did not hear about any injuries coming out of this game, and that's good considering how physical both teams are.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a very good scrimmage. I know it was just the first scrimmage but IMO I think Nederland has the best D-line in this area.#6 #5 and #1 or the real deal. They were big,fast and strong, I don't see to many ppl running on them. As for WOS the receivers are good. #25 #28 and #83 have good hands and are real fast and both QBs can get them the ball. I look forward to seeing this group score alot of points

I am glad you think #1 did ok because his coaches told him he didn't give any effort today. For who don't know #1 couldn't play football due to injury last year. He rehab his ass off all year and had to struggle to contain weight from injury. His first game back in a year at a new position and on varsity, and those words was the best encouragement to give him. Well daddy proud of you son for your effort even when your own coaches doubt you.

[quote name="MAYFIELD" post="1425738" timestamp="1376940809"]
I am glad you think #1 did ok because his coaches told him he didn't give any effort today. For who don't know #1 couldn't play football due to injury last year. He rehab is ass  off all year and had to struggle to contain weight from injury. His first game back in a year at a new position and on varsity, and those words was the best encouragement to give him. [b]Well daddy is proud of you son for your effort even when your own coaches doubt you.[/b]
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1425746" timestamp="1376941391"]
[quote author=MAYFIELD link=topic=113378.msg1425738#msg1425738 date=1376940809]
I am glad you think #1 did ok because his coaches told him he didn't give any effort today. For who don't know #1 couldn't play football due to injury last year. He rehab is ass  off all year and had to struggle to contain weight from injury. His first game back in a year at a new position and on varsity, and those words was the best encouragement to give him. [b]Well daddy is proud of you son for your effort even when your own coaches doubt you.[/b]
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

And Daddy is always the toughest coach of all
+1

[quote name="NDNation" post="1425763" timestamp="1376943009"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113378.msg1425746#msg1425746 date=1376941391]
[quote author=MAYFIELD link=topic=113378.msg1425738#msg1425738 date=1376940809]
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

[b]And Daddy is always the toughest coach of all[/b]
+1
[/quote]

I wouldn't say always. I know some "daddies" that think their kid does no wrong. ;)

Well my sons # 10 and if u ask me about his play it wasn't good enough the pick should have been a td but no whated to get blocking but know one was in front of him if he's going to play the rolls their asking him to well he best get in better shape long ways to go. For the mayfeild kid have to agree with the coach just as I told sage get head out your butt #1 needs two pick his head up so he can see the ball if your heads down you will get blocked all day and the boys in 20-4a are bigger then wos o line dont be mad at the coach coach your kid up this boy are young men now let them grow up maybe a little bad lip will make him play better I now #1and #10  they have more to give one thing I've learned you play for a town that loves thier football so get ready for it are go put some more skin on his tail just look at sages its gone and not from the coachs but from me his dad. Play Hard Play Fast love u #10 lets go dogs

[quote name="Dogggs" post="1425803" timestamp="1376948925"]
Well my sons # 10 and if u ask me about his play it wasn't good enough the pick should have been a td but no whated to get blocking but know one was in front of him if he's going to play the rolls their asking him to well he best get in better shape long ways to go. For the mayfeild kid have to agree with the coach just as I told sage get head out your butt #1 needs two pick his head up so he can see the ball if your heads down you will get blocked all day and the boys in 20-4a are bigger then wos o line dont be mad at the coach coach your kid up this boy are young men now let them grow up maybe a little bad lip will make him play better I now #1and #10  they have more to give one thing I've learned you play for a town that loves thier football so get ready for it are go put some more skin on his tail just look at sages its gone and not from the coachs but from me his dad. Play Hard Play Fast love u #10 lets go dogs
[/quote]

Skipper, do you have a brother in Nederland?  ;)

Well put but a football town doesn't concern me my son does. It wont matter to me if he plays, quit, or i take him off. What I am saying if you are a coach then coach him up. A kid is learning something new plus trying to shake the negative confidence from his injury. I can deal with if he did this before the varsity level in itself put him in the deer n headlight surrounding. Before I let him be broke this daddy will show him there is more ways to become a man than football.

[quote name="MAYFIELD" post="1425738" timestamp="1376940809"]
I am glad you think #1 did ok because his coaches told him he didn't give any effort today. For who don't know #1 couldn't play football due to injury last year. He rehab his ass off all year and had to struggle to contain weight from injury. His first game back in a year at a new position and on varsity, and those words was the best encouragement to give him. Well daddy proud of you son for your effort even when your own coaches doubt you.
[/quote]
I think youre  over reacting, this is a great coaching staff that has coached some of the best LB'S in the area, maybe they saw some area's where Leon could improve on and maybe they thought effort was one of those, it is possable Leon was a little tenative in his reads and it looked like he wasn't reacting fast enough, I don't know, but I do know these coaches want Leon Mayfield the III to be as good as he can be and to reach his full potential. I've been watching Ned LB'S for a long time and Leon has the potential to be a good one, but you gotta be able to take the criticism along with the praise.
This is nothing to get upset about, these are Varsity players, Leon will be fine. 

[quote name="Dogggs" post="1425803" timestamp="1376948925"]
[/quote]Football..... you got to love it...No matter how great people think Trevin and Hunter did or do their is always room for improvements...Both my boys get a ear full no matter what...I agree with you DOGGS just let the coaches do what they do(COACH)..What don't kill them makes them stronger ;).... Kids like Sage and Mayfield are gifted football players sometimes they just need a little extra push to get them up another notch...No matter if its from dad or coach...Good luck this year # 10 ....he kinda reminds me of that # 9 kid from a few years back 8)....now lets see some Wild Dog!!!!!!

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1425922" timestamp="1376986848"]
[quote author=Dogggs link=topic=113378.msg1425803#msg1425803 date=1376948925]
[/quote]Football..... you got to love it...No matter how great people think Trevin and Hunter did or do their is always room for improvements...Both my boys get a ear full no matter what...I agree with you DOGGS just let the coaches do what they do(COACH)..What don't kill them makes them stronger ;).... Kids like Sage and Mayfield are gifted football players sometimes they just need a little extra push to get them up another notch...No matter if its from dad or coach...Good luck this year # 10 ....he kinda reminds me of that # 9 kid from a few years back 8)....now lets see some Wild Dog!!!!!!
[/quote]

You ever thought that maybe the butt chewing he caught wasn't for him?? maybe the coach was trying to get someone else to wake up knowing if your son is getting his butt chewed ... that no one is off the radar? maybe that made somoene else pick it up a step... most of the time you have to have that Cornerback mentality when it comes to butt chewings... feel it, remember it, let it go.... but always LEARN FROM IT! and try not to do it again...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86