District 10-2A DI

Predictions??

1. Newton (10-0)(7-0):
-An obvious choice for the top spot in this district. They have the speed and coaching to make another serious run to the state championship. And having a 4-star running back in Kevin Shorter, that is being recruited by the entire SEC, doesn't hurt either.

2. EC (8-2)(6-1):
-Had a young squad last year. They return several starters and I see them beating Kirbyville out for the second spot. Even with the loss of Glenn Roberts, this team still has alot of speed and size returning.

3. Kirbyville (7-3)(4-3):
-Kville lost alot of talent on offense this year, but will returning alot of young talent on defense. I could see them falling as low as fifth in this district if they can't get their offense straight.

4. Woodville (6-4)(4-3):
-Woodville also lost alot of talent to graduation this past year. But they are returning several starters on offense and defense, including multiple all-district picks from last year. The losses in the backfield have been accounted for. And the return of senior Phillip Noble to the Eagles backfield should prove to be beneficial to them this year. Overall, the Eagles will be in a rebuilding year, but they have a chance to make some noise in this district. I see them being as high as third and as low as fifth in this district.

5. Kountze (6-4)(3-4):
-Kountze returns a boatload of talent this year. They are returning alot of sore and size on the offensive side of the ball. The key for them is discipline on both sides. If they get that taken care, they could rise as high as third. If they don't, I see them staying right here in that fifth spot.

6. Anahuac (4-6)(2-5):
-Anahuac will, yet again, be down from the usual playoff contender we've been missing the pad few years. They return some speed, but very little size and experience. If the coaching is there, this team could have an opportunity to ruin playoff chances for one of the top teams in this district. 

7. Warren (4-6)(1-6):
-After an exceptional year last year, the Warriors will be down this year. Losing your quarterback, receiving corp, starting tightend, and several lineman doesn't improve your team. Although I have been very impressed with the coaching change in Warren. They have a rebuilding year this year, and I believe they will make alot of noise here in the next couple of years.

8. Hardin (2-8)(0-7):
-I don't see much chance of improvement from Hardin. The kids work hard an play harder, but I just simply don't see the talent there. Coach Fortune will do what he can to improve an rebuild this program to be successful as soon as possible. But I don't see it happening this year, unfortunately.

I will agree that Newton and EC are the two that are most likely to be at the top of the food chain 10-2A DI...After that i think it is a dog fight between Kountze, Kirbyville, Woodville. I honestly feel like after such a close losses last year and dramatic improvements across the board in size and strength with sped being the constant, Kountze will go three of four. In addition, Coach Franklin finally got to retool his coaching staff...with the exception of Coach Harper the DC two assistant coaches, Kountze is sporting a whole new look and offensive strategy, which revolves around the running and passing game of Justin Harper, Grayland Arnold, Jace Warren, and Powell complimented by guys like Jaden Cunnigan and Blake Best...all 4.6 or better and in a couple of instances 4.5 or better. As far as the line averaging over 6 ft and 250# all did extremely well in powerlifting this past spring. Defensive side of the ball...they are fast, strong and aggressive with adequate size. Kountze has not seen a post season in 40 years as of this season...it 's a tradition thats gonna get broken this year!   

My honest opinion is Kountze beats Hardin, Woodville, Warren, Kirbyville, Anahauc and drops game with Newton...(of course there could be the upset of the decade, after all Warren beat Woodville last year...but not counting on that...lol!) but I don't think anyone will come out with a win against Newton. EC and Kountze will be playing for the two hole. Like I say this is just all speculation. I watched Kountze in pads Friday and I was truly impressed and look forward to scrimmage this coming week!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1422981" timestamp="1376063468"]
Predictions??

1. Newton (10-0)(7-0):
-An obvious choice for the top spot in this district. They have the speed and coaching to make another serious run to the state championship. And having a 4-star running back in Kevin Shorter, that is being recruited by the entire SEC, doesn't hurt either.

2. EC (8-2)(6-1):
-Had a young squad last year. They return several starters and I see them beating Kirbyville out for the second spot. Even with the loss of Glenn Roberts, this team still has alot of speed and size returning.

3. Kirbyville (7-3)(4-3):
-Kville lost alot of talent on offense this year, but will returning alot of young talent on defense. I could see them falling as low as fifth in this district if they can't get their offense straight.

4. Woodville (6-4)(4-3):
-Woodville also lost alot of talent to graduation this past year. But they are returning several starters on offense and defense, including multiple all-district picks from last year. The losses in the backfield have been accounted for. And the return of senior Phillip Noble to the Eagles backfield should prove to be beneficial to them this year. Overall, the Eagles will be in a rebuilding year, but they have a chance to make some noise in this district. I see them being as high as third and as low as fifth in this district.

5. Kountze (6-4)(3-4):
-Kountze returns a boatload of talent this year. They are returning alot of sore and size on the offensive side of the ball. The key for them is discipline on both sides. If they get that taken care, they could rise as high as third. If they don't, I see them staying right here in that fifth spot.

6. Anahuac (4-6)(2-5):
-Anahuac will, yet again, be down from the usual playoff contender we've been missing the pad few years. They return some speed, but very little size and experience. If the coaching is there, this team could have an opportunity to ruin playoff chances for one of the top teams in this district. 

7. Warren (4-6)(1-6):
-After an exceptional year last year, the Warriors will be down this year. Losing your quarterback, receiving corp, starting tightend, and several lineman doesn't improve your team. Although I have been very impressed with the coaching change in Warren. They have a rebuilding year this year, and I believe they will make alot of noise here in the next couple of years.

8. Hardin (2-8)(0-7):
-I don't see much chance of improvement from Hardin. The kids work hard an play harder, but I just simply don't see the talent there. Coach Fortune will do what he can to improve an rebuild this program to be successful as soon as possible. But I don't see it happening this year, unfortunately.
[/quote]

Great post eagleswoodville#1, it could very easily fall just like you stated, I have it like this:

1. Newton
2. Kirbyville / East Chambers
4. Kountze / Woodville
6. Anahuac
7. Warren
8. Hardin

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1423266" timestamp="1376174728"]
My honest opinion is Kountze beats Hardin, Woodville, Warren, Kirbyville, Anahauc and drops game with Newton...(of course there could be the upset of the decade, after all Warren beat Woodville last year...but not counting on that...lol!) but I don't think anyone will come out with a win against Newton. EC and Kountze will be playing for the two hole. Like I say this is just all speculation. I watched Kountze in pads Friday and I was truly impressed and look forward to scrimmage this coming week!
[/quote]
Playing against your teammates doesn't tell you anything about how they'll perform under the Friday night lights. Kountze is much improved. But Newton and EC are locks. Kville has made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years (including 2 state championship game appearances). Woodville has made it 3 of the last 5. Anahuac made it several years in a row before Barbay left. Kountze hasn't made it in I'm not sure how long, but not any time recently.
Kountze has some talent. But they have some proving to do before I consider them one of the top teams in this very tough 2A district. Newton, EC, Kville, Woodville, Anahuac, and Kountze are all contenders. And Warren could make some noise.
Although, I do agree that noone will touch Newton this year!
Good luck to all the teams in the district this year! I plan on watching as many games as I can this year!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1423329" timestamp="1376227604"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=113254.msg1423266#msg1423266 date=1376174728]
[/quote]
Playing against your teammates doesn't tell you anything about how they'll perform under the Friday night lights. Kountze is much improved. But Newton and EC are locks. Kville has made the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years (including 2 state championship game appearances). Woodville has made it 3 of the last 5. Anahuac made it several years in a row before Barbay left. Kountze hasn't made it in I'm not sure how long, but not any time recently.
Kountze has some talent. But they have some proving to do before I consider them one of the top teams in this very tough 2A district. Newton, EC, Kville, Woodville, Anahuac, and Kountze are all contenders. And Warren could make some noise.
Good luck to all the teams in the district this year! I plan on watching as many games as I can this year!
[/quote]
Warren make some noise?.. cmon I'm all about being positive but let's be real

[quote name="utfan06" post="1423428" timestamp="1376266770"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=113254.msg1423329#msg1423329 date=1376227604]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=113254.msg1423266#msg1423266 date=1376174728]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
But we're talking about a program who took a big step last last year, going 5-5. I don't believe they'll beat Newton, EC, Kville, Kountze, or Woodville. Maybe Anahuac. And they could put the pressure on one of the last three I named. They're in a rebuilding year. But they've got a good coach down there. And we all know that anything can happen on any given night in highschool football.

Here are some numbers to crunch:
School.. Last Enr ..... Last Cl ..... Last Dist ....New Enr .Change 
East Chambers ..... 360 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 385 ...25
Newton ..... 311 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 300 ..... -11
Kirbyville ..... 432 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 425 ..... -7
Kountze ..... 386 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 402.5 ..... 16.5
Woodville ..... 349 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 335 ..... -14
Hardin ..... 354.5 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 360 ..... 5.5
Anahuac ..... 413.5 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 412 ..... -1.5
Warren ..... 360 ..... 2A-D1 ..... District 10 ..... 356 ..... -4

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1423437" timestamp="1376269263"]
[/quote]
Seems like legitimate numbers. But how does this relate to the play of the teams? Or am I missing something? Lol

for example, K-ville has 125 more kids in high school then Newton does. They have more kids out for football, more to choose from, etc.. Once those numbers change a little more then one of the schools would be in a different clasification. This is the reason it is hard for 2a teams to compete with 3a or 4a teams, etc..

Hey aggies, kountze might have been 2-5 but 3 of those losses were from a combined 9 points and against ec which was a 35-7 loss, kountze put the ball inside the 5 yard line 4 times but had no line to get the extra push to put it in the endzone. Dont know what games you watched last year if any but your making assumptions from a record.

[quote name="deputy20" post="1423619" timestamp="1376332173"]
Hey aggies, kountze might have been 2-5 but 3 of those losses were from a combined 9 points and against ec which was a 35-7 loss, kountze put the ball inside the 5 yard line 4 times but had no line to get the extra push to put it in the endzone. [b]Dont know what games you watched last year if any but your making assumptions from a record.[/b]
[/quote]

To quote recent HOF coach Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1423623" timestamp="1376332478"]
[quote author=deputy20 link=topic=113254.msg1423619#msg1423619 date=1376332173]
Hey aggies, kountze might have been 2-5 but 3 of those losses were from a combined 9 points and against ec which was a 35-7 loss, kountze put the ball inside the 5 yard line 4 times but had no line to get the extra push to put it in the endzone. [b]Dont know what games you watched last year if any but your making assumptions from a record.[/b]
[/quote]

To quote recent HOF coach Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." ;)
[/quote]
Check. Mate. Lol

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1423437" timestamp="1376269263"]
[/quote]..............newton knocking on 2a-div-2 door

[quote name="GATA" post="1423665" timestamp="1376340190"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=113254.msg1423437#msg1423437 date=1376269263]
School.. Last Enr ....Last Cl ..... Last Dist ....New Enr .Change 
East Chambers ....360.....2A-D1.... District 10 ..... 385       ...25
Newton ..... 311 ..... 2A-D1..... District 10 ..... 300 ..... -11
Kountze ..... 386 ..... 2A-D1..... District 10 ..... 402.5.... 16.5
Woodville ..... 349 ..... 2A-D1 .....District 10 ..... 335 ..... -14
Hardin ..... 354.5..... 2A-D1 .....District 10 ..... 360 ..... 5.5
Anahuac ..... 413.5  .....2A-D1.... District 10 ..... 412 ..... -1.5
Warren ..... 360 ..... 2A-D1..... District 10 ..... 356 ..... -4
[/quote]..............newton knocking on 2a-div-2 door
[/quote]I like them just where they are, in EC district. Great competition and good people. I wish we where back in Kountze district in basketball. If you want to be the best, you need to play the best schedule you can before play-offs. LOL

[quote name="utfan06" post="1423428" timestamp="1376266770"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=113254.msg1423329#msg1423329 date=1376227604]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Why couldn't you have stopped at just saying "I'm all about being positive"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder