How does Silsbee's potential starting 5 look this coming up season?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you are saying.  Coach Sigler and the Silsbee players do a good job, great job of maximizing the talent they have.  I keep going back to the last half, the last quarter, of that Yates game.  The Lions did not want to run.  Silsbee was winning the press and run game.  Coach Wise did the smart thing and took the air out of the ball.  Silsbee continued to force it inside, which was collapsed.  So the Tigers started clanking long threes. Yates started hitting 3 pointers. Silsbee misses resulted in long rebounds and an inflated final score of 15 points deficit.  That game was closer than that.

If you play ball, no matter how tall you are, you need a jumper, a 3pt jumper, a stop n pop 3 pt jumber, and a mid range stop n pop jumper.  Developing those skills is easier said than done.  If the goal is to get past teams like Yates in region 3, 3A, and maybe even upsetting Dallas Madison, or Dallas Lincoln, whoever comes from up there, you need those types of skills on your team.

No doubt we needed those shots.  We have been a streaky shooting team to say the least more not so good streaks than good.  If I remember correctly we only hit one if any threes in that game and at that point in the fourth quarter we weren't going to starts long them.  I felt that we resorted to those shots too early and had somewhat of a chance if we would have been able to keep playing our game.  There were a couple key foul outs there as well.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1423858" timestamp="1376405738"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1423834#msg1423834 date=1376402511]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=113199.msg1423500#msg1423500 date=1376315927]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1423432#msg1423432 date=1376267957]
[quote author=swamp123 link=topic=113199.msg1423370#msg1423370 date=1376243247]
Most ridiculous, delusional series of posts I've seen in a long time.  Why you ripping Silsbee bradyb? Saying they treating players like pieces of meat and would get beat by 14U teams wouldn't be something I would think an alum would be doing.

[/quote]

I'm not talking down on Silsbee. That's in general around here... So many HS coaches use the kids instead of get them prepared for college. And about the 14U teams beating Silsbee, I'm not taking anything away from Silsbee... But I'm honest... There are 14U teams that would compete in our district... It's irrevelant but it's true.
[/quote]

Is there any chance that you havent been "at this" long enough to honestly know the differences between Silsbee/HJ/WOS compared to 14 year old AAU teams?
[/quote]

What is "at this" ? I talked to 2 varsity head coaches a a Lamar coach on this topic and they agreed 100% with my statement. It's stupid to continue to try to argue with me on this subject. I know a lot of y'all on here like to think that y'all know so much about sports, and that's fine. But until you have watched these teams play, you do not have a valid argument. So just drop the subject. If you take the 8 best 8th graders from Houston area and play every team in this district, they will finish in the top 3. That's what AAU is, putting the best players from the area together.
[/quote]

Is it the same Lamar coach who believed Hondo Webb would be a real asset for the Cardinals?  "At this" means, obviously, that you may be a little young and short on experience to "declare" who would win hypothetical games.  I have talked with an individual who has seen 100 games for every one you have ever seen or played in ( and he has a close relative who is on one of the top AAU teams in the area) and he stated that the teams you mentioned might beat Bridge City, but not WOS, Silsbee, or HJ)
[/quote]

I'm not going to argue with YOU on this one because I respect your knowledge and usually agree with your post! But I assure you, they would give all 3 of those teams a run for their money. So, how do you like Silsbee's chance to win district this year?

Jack Yates isnt promised to come out of Region3.
Lost  starting pg and center, high minute 6'6" reserve, and 6'10" reserve to prep schools.
Maybe a few more last minute departures....we'll know Aug. 26th.

Up and coming kids have long way to go and short time to get there....come on Bandit.
This year will be like 2010-11 after Peters,Gardner,Roy,Davis, Young and crew graduated.

Playoffs yes.....Austin....possible but not likely.

[quote name="Savant19" post="1423992" timestamp="1376437948"]
Jack Yates isnt promised to come out of Region3.
Lost  starting pg and center, high minute 6'6" reserve, and 6'10" reserve to prep schools.
Maybe a few more last minute departures....we'll know Aug. 26th.

Up and coming kids have long way to go and short time to get there....come on Bandit.
This year will be like 2010-11 after Peters,Gardner,Roy,Davis, Young and crew graduated.

Playoffs yes.....Austin....possible but not likely.
[/quote]Hmmm, well actually some of those guys ........... :-X :-X

[quote name="bradyb" post="1423318" timestamp="1376224699"]
[quote author=Stephen A Smith link=topic=113199.msg1423156#msg1423156 date=1376091965]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1422810#msg1422810 date=1376013023]
The speed of the game will not be a factor for McCain. He didn't just play middle school ball. He played in 74 games with me this year since Feb. against some of the best teams. He will be ready for the speed of the game.
[/quote]

But you can't compare playing against 14 yr old on the AAU circuit to play against 17 an 18 yr old that always a big Difference especially the style Silsbee play of a non stop running  :o got dizzy thinking bout them running
[/quote]

Yes you can... The teams in this district this year, absolutely. I'm not sure if you understand AAU basketball or not, but we played against teams that would finish top three in this district as a 14U team. What do you think AAU basketball consist of? Running running running... Plus most 14U teams are actually 15 because they were held back or failed. If your telling me that the top 14 and 15 year old teams can not be compared to HJ, WOS, HF, Silsbee, Buna, OF, BC... Your out your mind.
[/quote]

I know the AAU circuit VERY VERY well and I can assure that the best player at that age for 1 play with a higher age group and 2 where in Orlando an Vegas at the end of July and you can't Tell me a Group of 14U can play with HJ,WOS,or Silsbee most of the kids at that age body isn't mature enough to bang with Kids at that age it just won't happen Page,Elam,Bosha are Top Notch and kids there age have trouble with them on a regular so against 14 yrs old an younger would be a Field day

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1424067" timestamp="1376461421"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1423318#msg1423318 date=1376224699]
[quote author=Stephen A Smith link=topic=113199.msg1423156#msg1423156 date=1376091965]
The speed of the game will not be a factor for McCain. He didn't just play middle school ball. He played in 74 games with me this year since Feb. against some of the best teams. He will be ready for the speed of the game.
[/quote]

But you can't compare playing against 14 yr old on the AAU circuit to play against 17 an 18 yr old that always a big Difference especially the style Silsbee play of a non stop running  :o got dizzy thinking bout them running
[/quote]

Yes you can... The teams in this district this year, absolutely. I'm not sure if you understand AAU basketball or not, but we played against teams that would finish top three in this district as a 14U team. What do you think AAU basketball consist of? Running running running... Plus most 14U teams are actually 15 because they were held back or failed. If your telling me that the top 14 and 15 year old teams can not be compared to HJ, WOS, HF, Silsbee, Buna, OF, BC... Your out your mind.
[/quote]

I know the AAU circuit VERY VERY well and I can assure that the best player at that age for 1 play with a higher age group and 2 where in Orlando an Vegas at the end of July and you can't Tell me a Group of 14U can play with HJ,WOS,or Silsbee most of the kids at that age body isn't mature enough to bang with Kids at that age it just won't happen Page,Elam,Bosha are Top Notch and kids there age have trouble with them on a regular so against 14 yrs old an younger would be a Field day
[/quote]

Lol do you know Jarred Vanderbuilt? I'm
Not gonna argue with you either man! But can I just ask you this? Are you telling me that those 3 that you named are better Jarred Vanderbuilt? 14 year old 6'7 shooting guard

[quote name="bradyb" post="1423979" timestamp="1376432857"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=113199.msg1423858#msg1423858 date=1376405738]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1423834#msg1423834 date=1376402511]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=113199.msg1423500#msg1423500 date=1376315927]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1423432#msg1423432 date=1376267957]
[quote author=swamp123 link=topic=113199.msg1423370#msg1423370 date=1376243247]
Most ridiculous, delusional series of posts I've seen in a long time.  Why you ripping Silsbee bradyb? Saying they treating players like pieces of meat and would get beat by 14U teams wouldn't be something I would think an alum would be doing.

Silsbee has a good chance to win district this year assuming they at least split with WOS

[/quote]

I'm not talking down on Silsbee. That's in general around here... So many HS coaches use the kids instead of get them prepared for college. And about the 14U teams beating Silsbee, I'm not taking anything away from Silsbee... But I'm honest... There are 14U teams that would compete in our district... It's irrevelant but it's true.
[/quote]

Is there any chance that you havent been "at this" long enough to honestly know the differences between Silsbee/HJ/WOS compared to 14 year old AAU teams?
[/quote]

What is "at this" ? I talked to 2 varsity head coaches a a Lamar coach on this topic and they agreed 100% with my statement. It's stupid to continue to try to argue with me on this subject. I know a lot of y'all on here like to think that y'all know so much about sports, and that's fine. But until you have watched these teams play, you do not have a valid argument. So just drop the subject. If you take the 8 best 8th graders from Houston area and play every team in this district, they will finish in the top 3. That's what AAU is, putting the best players from the area together.
[/quote]

Is it the same Lamar coach who believed Hondo Webb would be a real asset for the Cardinals?  "At this" means, obviously, that you may be a little young and short on experience to "declare" who would win hypothetical games.  I have talked with an individual who has seen 100 games for every one you have ever seen or played in ( and he has a close relative who is on one of the top AAU teams in the area) and he stated that the teams you mentioned might beat Bridge City, but not WOS, Silsbee, or HJ)
[/quote]

I'm not going to argue with YOU on this one because I respect your knowledge and usually agree with your post! But I assure you, they would give all 3 of those teams a run for their money. So, how do you like Silsbee's chance to win district this year?
[/quote]

[quote name="bradyb" post="1424097" timestamp="1376483567"]
[quote author=Stephen A Smith link=topic=113199.msg1424067#msg1424067 date=1376461421]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=113199.msg1423318#msg1423318 date=1376224699]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol do you know Jarred Vanderbuilt? I'm
Not gonna argue with you either man! But can I just ask you this? Are you telling me that those 3 that you named are better Jarred Vanderbuilt? 14 year old 6'7 shooting guard
[/quote] I think they've already prepped Jared to prep school. I saw that kid play against other college kids. Unless you knew him, you would have never thought he was going into the 9th grade.

• 2 weeks later...
I Cant help but be at AWWW to the notion of a 14u beating any of the top 3 schools in the district... And Brady from my reading we were talking about your team compeating not the best 14u in the nation... but yet still even so... Any top notch 14u player does play 14u so your team hasn't played near best of the class... I've seen the best 14u-17u believe me I was in Vegas, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Orlando on the Sideline calling shots. The Speed is a factor for 1, the physicality of the game is a factor and most of all a player IQ is the biggest, You telling me a 14u AAU team can win a varsity district than your telling me you have at least 7 future NBA players. Nobody can match up wit Silsbee top 7, HJ top 5, and id be willing to bet both my cars and my house against a 20 dollar bill Laquariouse Paige (After this Summer Top 30 in TEXAS) will score 40 of the easiest points in life, But whatever makes you sleep good at night stick with it

[quote name="Shaqtin A Fool" post="1427213" timestamp="1377395147"]
I Cant help but be at AWWW to the notion of a 14u beating any of the top 3 schools in the district... And Brady from my reading we were talking about your team compeating not the best 14u in the nation... but yet still even so... Any top notch 14u player does play 14u so your team hasn't played near best of the class... I've seen the best 14u-17u believe me I was in Vegas, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Orlando on the Sideline calling shots. The Speed is a factor for 1, the physicality of the game is a factor and most of all a player IQ is the biggest, You telling me a 14u AAU team can win a varsity district than your telling me you have at least 7 future NBA players. Nobody can match up wit Silsbee top 7, HJ top 5, and id be willing to bet both my cars and my house against a 20 dollar bill Laquariouse Paige (After this Summer Top 30 in TEXAS) will score 40 of the easiest points in life, But whatever makes you sleep good at night stick with it
[/quote] Oh! Oh! Under Armour in the house

[quote name="Shaqtin A Fool" post="1427213" timestamp="1377395147"]
[/quote]
Lol wow!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1427285" timestamp="1377403967"]
[quote author=Shaqtin A Fool link=topic=113199.msg1427213#msg1427213 date=1377395147]

[/quote]

HAHAHAHA BLUE DOVE always out of no where....

[quote name="bradyb" post="1427390" timestamp="1377444413"]
[quote author=Shaqtin A Fool link=topic=113199.msg1427213#msg1427213 date=1377395147]
[/quote]
Lol wow!!
[/quote]You actually understood that?? ??? Please interpret.

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1428104" timestamp="1377558064"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=113199.msg1427285#msg1427285 date=1377403967]

[/quote]

HAHAHAHA BLUE DOVE always out of no where....
[/quote]I could not help it!!! Read all between lines on that one. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder