Who are going to be standouts this year???

Guest bleed orange

Well here is my true feeling on the subect. You baseball parents are funny. Most of these threads are stupid, from preseason picks too "who makes an impact". Let the kids figure this out and they will if you let them. Baseball season is a month away and we already have all this talk. The only talk I know is on the playing field. I am just an outsider looking in. I don't have a dog in this fight. I hear all this blah, blah, blah about so and so is the best pitcher or the best hitter. How do we really know? What they did last year means nothing. Each year you have to prove yourself again, thats just life. Even in the work force. They don't care what you did before but what have you done for me lately? The same principal applies for sports. Its sad but its true.

Guest bleed orange

You can't worry about that bobcatbeliever. Kids have the power to say if they play or not. The parents have no say  in this. Have faith in the system. It does work sometimes. It depends on how bad a kid wants it. I hope I am right but I honestly don't believe that a coach takes much stock in what a parent say's. OHS 1994 is young and won't see the whole picture until his or her kids are older, then they will understand like we did. Thats life.

Orangefield

Zach Peevey-Soph-OF

Jacob Felts-Fr-C

Jace Statum-Fr-Util

Corey Shepard-Sr.-SS

once again OHS_1994 seems to have all of the answers..I'm sure that Coach Bennett and Coach Fletcher will be sure to consult you once the season begins...why don't you just let them play..Orangefield has a good group returning and they will be the nucleus for this years program...I'm sure that there are holes to be filled and those that will be making the decisions will do what is best for the program...Isn't that what all good coaches do?? Didn't Bennett and Fletcher come from successful programs? why don't you give them a chance to prove themself?

Guest OHS_1994

I find this argument very funny.  I have not down talked any senior or any junior one time, and on a post that ask your opinion about "possible", and please read this again POSSIBLE standouts next year, I gave my opinion.  I am not in any way saying that the coaches can’t coach, or players can't play I am just giving my opinion.  As long As I can remember Orangefield, being the small school that it is, every year had at least one freshman start. This goes back to when I started watching Orangefield baseball in the  80’s. This year I, in my opinion see no difference.  It is not because we lack older talent, it is just for the fact that we do not have the numbers to select from.  I am sorry if I ruffled anybody’s feathers if I did not name THEIR KID on the list, but this is a year when anybody can come out of the dugout and make an impact on this year’s team.  It's Just an opinion on a forum which was completely driven off subject.  Please remember that on this forum we are allowed to give our opinions.... People on this website name who they will think will be impact players all the time, but Bobcat you seem to only get upset when somebody says something about Orangefield, and only on the baseball forum not on any other one.   You should get on to every other poster and school for listing players on all forums, but no Only on the baseball one and only when Orangefield baseball in mentioned......I wonder why?...Possible chip on the shoulder?  Please do not read any of my post and take them like I am disrespecting any young player, I am only giving my opinion on players who "I" think will have an impact on our district this year.

Guest OHS_1994

I Know this is ridiculous

Bobcat I really wish you would stop trying to make an issue out of this for one minute, and understand that I completely agree with you that players change from one season to the next.  I know how players work harder to get better and how some players also mature over time. I think that these forums are fun to read are hear about all the other teams in the area. You get on these things to talk about your up and comming team and what YOU feel.  Not what you want other people to feel. I have not said one thing about not playing the best or who should play or not play.  I have never said that the coaches could not coach, and I have full faith that they will be able to do their jobs and have success.  All I did was give an opinion, and all you did was blow it up considerably.  I don’t care how you feel, instead of attacking me you should follow this forum and give your opinion who you think will be big players for their team is this year.  If you do not want to do then start your own forum titled “Lets Argue.†I’m sure you would love that one.  I have never attacked you but it seems you always have something to say about my comments. I will be at every game this year just like I have been for the last 15 years, and I will not ever say anything negative about the bobcats only cheer them on no matter who starts.  But I can say just by the way you act on this forum, you would say something if things didn’t go as you planned.  Let this die and lets get on with this forum.

Guest bleed orange

Actually this thread should have never been started. (Just my Opinion) Anytime you start mentioning names, feeling get hurt. I am not saying someone is right or wrong. I know it is hard to not mention names because threads like this one basically are asking you for names of kids. Honestly I really think the kids are laughing at the way some adults respond on all the forums not just baseball. I say lets quit worrying about all this and enjoy the upcoming season. Only the kids themself have control over their own destiny. The coaches will do whats right. They take what parents say like a grain of salt. They have too working in the profession they chose. Oh by the way, you are right cardinal12, this thread is not just about Orangefield. It just happened that way.

Eric Harrington, VJ Bunner, and Aaron McFarland are the best I've seen play.  Joel Schooloing is an excellent pitcher.  If DD Lott's back holds up, he could standout as a pitcher.  Strong group of Jr.s this year.

New Comers that could step up:  Josh Cabra(Senior), Jerin Spikes(Soph), Sammy Sparrow(Soph), Jordan Pitts(Soph), Chad Sims(Soph), Josh Dean(Soph).   

For my money, I'd go watch Westbrook play as much as possible because they should light up the scoreboard with that lineup. Some other studs to watch are Rowell (LCM), Riley(Woodville), Campbell (BH), and Steinhagen (Kelly). Also, defensively Ferguson and Murphy can really flash the leather up the middle and form one of the best middle infield duos in the state.

I think some other stand outs would be Alex Henton and Ross Foret, and not to go back to the OF thing- but Jace Statum also. Vidor should have a solid team.. This year should be a good time for the young guys to shine, but they will need the leadership of the older guys to keep them grounded.

I agree Vidor has a good shot this year,,,,watch for V.J. Bunner, Jake Guidry and Derik Kilmer to make some noise in the district this year.  V.J., Jake and Derik all played at Nederland Babe Ruth and on a summer team this past year they had excellent seasons.

I agree Vidor has a good shot this year,,,,watch for V.J. Bunner, Jake Guidry and Derik Kilmer to make some noise in the district this year.  V.J., Jake and Derik all played at Nederland Babe Ruth and on a summer team this past year they had excellent seasons.

Vidor has a good shot? So where did this hotshot coach of theirs come from?

How is he going to turn things around if he has any experience at all?

LOL.. just kidding. I coached Kyle Green for 4 years in Little League and was also the manager when he made the 10 year old All-Star team. I wish him the best of luck. I would like to think I taught him everything he knows but he might refute that!!!  ROFL  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin