Kountze makes playoff next year if.......

kountze hasnt been to the playoffs since 1973 when they won district 18-2a (8-2 6-1) they were led by running back  johnny brown . they played newton in the bi district round and lost 21-14 . the irony of this is they beat my school hamshire fannett 28-14 for the 18-2a title (kountze lost to east chambers ) they both finished the district 6-1 (hamshire overall record was 9-1 ) that was almost 40 yrs ago and hamshire hasnt been to the playoffs in 10 yrs .  your right cpujt8 .... WIN !!!!

Newton will dominate district

Kirbyville will be better and it will be toss up between them and EC but they both will not lose to the rest of the field.

The 4 spot will come down to whoever wins the Kountze, Woodville, Anahuac, Hardin match ups. 

So the answer is dont lose to Anahuac, Woodville and Hardin and history wont repeat itself. 

sorry Warren but it is what it is!

[quote name="no-look" post="1417327" timestamp="1372630225"]
Does the athletes at Kountze play football? They seem to have a lot of speed on the court.
[/quote]From what i've heard they've had more bball players come out for football than in years past. I hope they can make the playoffs.

I got a question for Hardin County residents: When is the last time Hardin County had at least 3 teams make the playoffs in football the same year?

Guest ECBucFan
Silsbee - every year.
Lumberton - not often
Hardin Jeff - not often
Kountze - rarely
West Hardin -often

So, with Silsbee and WH being regulars it would depend on when one of the other three made it, probably when Lumberton did it a few years ago.

Incidentally, EC, Barbers Hill and Anahuac covered Chambers County in playoffs coast to coast last year.   

Simple thing for Kountze..."O" line and "D" line...we have to be able run up the middle and be able to pull efficiently...we need to be able to stop the run up the middle. When it comes to skill players and speed...this year will be better than last year. But in the simplest explanation I agree with earlier statements WIN AND THEN WIN! Oh almost forgot lets use one QB unless in Wildcat or something...it's hard get folks in a rythem when your always changing the drummer...that's all!

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1417360" timestamp="1372649722"]
Simple thing for Kountze..."O" line and "D" line...we have to be able run up the middle and be able to pull efficiently...we need to be able to stop the run up the middle. When it comes to skill players and speed...this year will be better than last year. But in the simplest explanation I agree with earlier statements WIN AND THEN WIN! Oh almost forgot lets use one QB unless in Wildcat or something...it's hard get folks in a rythem when your always changing the drummer...that's all!
[/quote]

Something I have never seen tried with a 2 QB system is having a 2 center system... I think if you change "Drummer" as you put it... you should also change your snare drum... because it all starts with the Center ... if he is in sync with 1 and only 1 QB you might get more continuity on the line...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1417377" timestamp="1372685615"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=112773.msg1417360#msg1417360 date=1372649722]
[/quote]
Lol we used 3 different QB last year

Something I have never seen tried with a 2 QB system is having a 2 center system... I think if you change "Drummer" as you put it... you should also change your snare drum... because it all starts with the Center ... if he is in sync with 1 and only 1 QB you might get more continuity on the line...
[/quote]

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1417377" timestamp="1372685615"]
[quote author=Sport1971! link=topic=112773.msg1417360#msg1417360 date=1372649722]
[/quote]

[/quote]
well im not the most musical individual!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1417350" timestamp="1372642795"]
Silsbee - every year.
Lumberton - not often
Hardin Jeff - not often
Kountze - rarely
West Hardin -often

So, with Silsbee and WH being regulars it would depend on when one of the other three made it, probably when Lumberton did it a few years ago.

Incidentally, EC, Barbers Hill and Anahuac covered Chambers County in playoffs coast to coast last year. 
[/quote]LOL! WH makes it every once in a while.

I think Kountze makes the playoffs this year based on what I saw they had last year. If they stick Harper at QB and leave him there, they will suprise some teams. Arnold will be a game breaker for the next three years if he doesnt' decide to soley concentrate on basketball. Newton will run away with this district, but I think the #2-#6 spot is wide open. You want to say EC is an easy pick for second, but you never know how they will respond to the loss of a big time player like Glen Roberts amoung others. This is how I see it:

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1417845" timestamp="1373479706"]
I think Kountze makes the playoffs this year based on what I saw they had last year. If they stick Harper at QB and leave him there, they will suprise some teams. Arnold will be a game breaker for the next three years if he doesnt' decide to soley concentrate on basketball. Newton will run away with this district, but I think the #2-#6 spot is wide open. You want to say EC is an easy pick for second, but you never know how they will respond to the loss of a big time player like Glen Roberts amoung others. This is how I see it:

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren
[/quote]
Me and a HD fan actually agreeing.. lol

[quote name="utfan06" post="1417846" timestamp="1373479902"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=112773.msg1417845#msg1417845 date=1373479706]

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lawd I hope this isn't an online "Under The Dome" episode on SETXSports.com  :o

[quote name="utfan06" post="1417846" timestamp="1373479902"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=112773.msg1417845#msg1417845 date=1373479706]

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren
[/quote]
[/quote]No way Kountze gets the 3rd spot. The 4th spot may be a chance. When those basketball players start getting hit in the mouth mid season, they get injured or hurt. Look at last season.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1417911" timestamp="1373500742"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=112773.msg1417846#msg1417846 date=1373479902]

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren
[/quote]
[/quote]No way Kountze gets the 3rd spot. The 4th spot may be a chance. When those basketball players start getting hit in the mouth mid season, they get injured or hurt. Look at last season.
[/quote]
Lol apparently HD couldn't knock those basketball players in the mouth hard enough..getting hit in the mouth had nothing to do with it..Try and have a clue about a teambefore you talk about them;-)

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1417845" timestamp="1373479706"]

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren
[/quote]

Kville 6th ?  Won't happen!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1417950" timestamp="1373514567"]

1. Newton
2. East Chambers
3. Kountze
4. Anahauc
5. Woodville
6. Kirbyville
7. Hardin
8. Warren
[/quote]

Kville 6th ?  Won't happen!
[/quote]

You could easily be right. I just saw somewhere that KVille was losing 10 offensive starters. That's why I said #2-#6 is up for grabs. I could see Kville beating Anahauc and Woodville. Newton out of the question, EC will not fall to the Cats and Kountze will surprise alot of folks. Probably be two teams with a 4-3 district record make the playoffs as I see Kountze, Kville, Anahauc and Woodville knocking each other off in round robin style.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw