2013 MLB Draft

[u]Nick Buckner (North Shore) [/u]
OF'er should go in the first 10 rounds. Some scouts have him projected even higher. 99.9% chance he'll sign no matter where he's picked.

[u]Josh Pettitte (Deer Park)[/u]
Might get drafted, but I would be suprised if he passed up the college experience.

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1411387" timestamp="1370533508"]
[u]Nick Buckner (North Shore) [/u]
OF'er should go in the first 10 rounds. Some scouts have him projected even higher. 99.9% chance he'll sign no matter where he's picked.

[u]Josh Pettitte (Deer Park)[/u]
Might get drafted, but I would be suprised if he passed up the college experience.
[/quote]

AWESOME!!!!!

Kohl Stewart from St Pius is projected to go top 5 overall.  He is signed with A&M to play QB and pitch for the baseball team.  I don't see any way he can pass up the money, but he has said many times that he will go to college.  Some team will give him 5+ million reasons not to go play college football. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1411411" timestamp="1370535988"]
Kohl Stewart from St Pius is projected to go top 5 overall.  He is signed with A&M to play QB and pitch for the baseball team.  I don't see any way he can pass up the money, but he has said many times that he will go to college.  Some team will give him 5+ million reasons not to go play college football.
[/quote]

Plus signing to play QB for A&M might take a year to get some snaps..... LOL

These kid is the real deal. Smart with a great family support system as well.
He says all the right things in the interviews but I would be very surprised he if ends up in College Station....at least next year.
I got him going in the 8 spot tonight.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1411481" timestamp="1370544285"]
These kid is the real deal. Smart with a great family support system as well.
He says all the right things in the interviews but I would be very surprised he if ends up in College Station....at least next year.
I got him going in the 8 spot tonight.
[/quote]

He tweets about how much he wants to go to school. I get the feeling that's a ploy. He'd be one 300 lb d-lineman away from retirement.

Plus, if baseball does not pan out, he can always go back to school for football.

Word is the family already has a lot of money so he may end up going to college. Both parents are aggies too so that could weigh in on their decision as well...but I expect him to take the money and run. I hate that he was giving props to the banditos like they made him though, I doubt they developed that 97mph FB for him.

I dont see Pettitte getting drafted until late, a 84-86 Fb shouldnt even get the call but because of the bloodlines I'm sure he will get picked. Biggio's kid is the one I thought would go the highest from what I have heard...Clemens also will probably be drafted.

Pearland ace Blake Goins who has also touched 95 this season should also go top 10 rounds, he is a UT signee as is Clemens. Pettitte is a Baylor signee and Biggio a Notre Dame signee.

[quote name="Socrates" post="1413053" timestamp="1371135357"]
SFA's Hunter Dozier (ss) went 8th overall. From what I've read, SFA was basically the only school that even recruited him out of HS. Strange how things work out some times.
[/quote]

Coaches make mistakes all the time.

2.2 million signing bonus.

[quote name="flyfisher" post="1412092" timestamp="1370724657"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=112415.msg1411551#msg1411551 date=1370553299]
Jacob Howell-(Deweyville) could go in the later rounds.
[/quote]

Does andyone know  who Jacob have as a pitching coach?
[/quote]

Not sure....I have been told that his high school coach pitched in the St Louis organization.  Could be him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin