Tarkington

From the little that I know about Tarkington's situation, graduating those seniors might not be altogether bad due to the fact that they are graduating some of the old culture. It's not the kids' fault, but that old mindset is hard to change.

Hunter Johnson is one of the best QB's in SE Texas. What sucks is he has zero help on his team, as far as all-district type help. I would hate to know my team has no shot at the playoffs. 3 wins may be the result this year also. The culture for winning football is just not there, that does not change over night. Now baseball in Tarkington, yeah their good. Good luck Longhorns.

How many times has the Head Football Coach AD job changed hands since the early to mid eighties? My husband went there. (But graduated from Clear Creek.) He said the football team always sucked. (Which has nothing to do with the kids)

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1410919" timestamp="1370437176"]
Tarkington's districts are always tough with Cleveland, Coldspring, and Splendora.
[/quote]
There is also another team in the district that stomps Splendora and Cleveland.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1410916" timestamp="1370436457"]
Hunter Johnson is one of the best QB's in SE Texas. What sucks is he has zero help on his team, as far as all-district type help. I would hate to know my team has no shot at the playoffs. 3 wins may be the result this year also. The culture for winning football is just not there, that does not change over night. Now baseball in Tarkington, yeah their good. Good luck Longhorns.
[/quote]
Zero help? The tall WR will be one of the best in the area.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1411642" timestamp="1370571829"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=112380.msg1410916#msg1410916 date=1370436457]
[/quote]
Zero help? The tall WR will be one of the best in the area.
[/quote]I will look for him on the all-district team, good luck to him. I watched Hunter play, yes he had very little help, besides the LaFrance kid.

Head coach is starting his fifth year and things are moving is the right direction. They will surprise some people this year a lot of young talent, you don't have to believe me just watch. Very talented incoming junior and sophomore classes they will compete.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1411833" timestamp="1370623417"]
Man it would be awesome to see Hunter Johnson move to Cleveland, Dayton, Huffman or Hull-Daisetta.  :o 8) Kid would blow up! He would win some games and get more letters. He is a top talent.
[/quote]you rang?

[quote name="oldman" post="1411718" timestamp="1370612792"]
Tarkington will win 2 games...max.    Baseball good...LOL!!!!!!
[/quote]
They are not going to be worse. The incoming Jrs are a good group of players. They have won games every year. They will have a winning season this year, next or both. I am not a Tarkington fan, but I am realistic based on what I have seen. The JRs expect to win.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1412672" timestamp="1371001099"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=112380.msg1412668#msg1412668 date=1370999347]
Even though CS is gonna stomp the Horns again, I do look for Tarkington to win 4 to 5 games.
[/quote]Name the teams they will beat. I see maybe 3 wins. Hardin and Liberty will be a toss up.
[/quote]
Huntington, HJ, Hardin, Sam Houston, Cleveland, Shepherd, Liberty, and Splendora are all in play. CS and Huffman are the only games where they have no chance.

89falcon didn't you say that about Shepherd last year? I think they beat Huffman!!!

Tarkington is going to be much improved and the only team in our district that is a for sure bet is Coldspring!!!!! I see the district being a pretty tight race for more than a few teams.

[quote name="idk" post="1412743" timestamp="1371043835"]
89falcon didn't you say that about Shepherd last year? I think they beat Huffman!!!

Tarkington is going to be much improved and the only team in our district that is a for sure bet is Coldspring!!!!! I see the district being a pretty tight race for more than a few teams.
[/quote]

Yes, they beat Huffman's freshman 3rd string QB.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1412757" timestamp="1371047847"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=112380.msg1412743#msg1412743 date=1371043835]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The other 21 players didn't show up?? I Love Bone Headed Excuses!!!!!!

I guess that is your side of the story, tell it the way you want to. My point is that no team in that district other than Coldspring is going to be that much better than the next. But this year Coldspring is not that "unbeatable" as they have been. Huffman is always a good team and Cleveland is up and down. But the "Bottom Teams" are not that far behind.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1412779" timestamp="1371053609"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=112380.msg1412757#msg1412757 date=1371047847]
[quote author=idk link=topic=112380.msg1412743#msg1412743 date=1371043835]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The other 21 players didn't show up?? I Love Bone Headed Excuses!!!!!!
[/quote]

Please. ::)

Huffman had a Sr. QB who led a very pass heavy offense,  he got hurt. They had to put in a Fr. 3rd string QB who had no experience, because the backup QB who was also a WR was injured a couple of weeks earlier.  If Townley played the gave Huffman would've won. The game didn't matter though,  Huffman still went to the playoffs and Shepherd didn't.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder