HJ Football 2013

Why is it so hard to believe that HJ could be successful in 2013? not to long ago, Vidor(and I hate using us as an example) came out of the 2010 season with 2 w's. we were picked to finish last or next to last in 2011. in 2011, not only did we not finish close to last, we went 3 rounds deep into the playoffs. is it not possible for HJ to have the same turnaround?

this thread was created in an effort to save another. ;D

I think eventually HJ will be competitive.  Dubois is a good coach and I think his system will fit very well there.  But, I don't think it will be this year.  Getting a late start setting up his program and teaching his schemes will be tough, I think. 

The difference with Vidor was that scheme had been run for a while and y'all finally had a great group of athletes that pushed you over the hump.  I think that time may be coming at HJ.  They have some pretty good athletes coming in the next two or three years, but it is probably unrealistic to think it will be this year.  WOS, Silsbee, et al also will probably have something to say about that too for the foreseeable future as well.

Go ahead bedelmon, light me up...

[quote name="Law Dog" post="1407194" timestamp="1369251717"]
I think eventually HJ will be competitive.  Dubois is a good coach and I think his system will fit very well there.  But, I don't think it will be this year.  Getting a late start setting up his program and teaching his schemes will be tough, I think. 

The difference with Vidor was that scheme had been run for a while and y'all finally had a great group of athletes that pushed you over the hump.  I think that time may be coming at HJ.  They have some pretty good athletes coming in the next two or three years, but it is probably unrealistic to think it will be this year.  WOS, Silsbee, et al also will probably have something to say about that too for the foreseeable future as well.

[/quote]
I think that is a fair assessment... i truly don't think that BE is as big of a @$$ as some would think.... the only thing that gets his fire rolling is when the kids are put down... now do I think his assessment of the coaching was some kindling that helped fuel others fire... .hell yea... but each has his own opinion... and you have the far right and the far left and they usually meet somewhere in the middle where the rest of us sit... that's the fun part about this board... the trash talking.... not about the kids but about the teams....  :-D kinda like sitting around the fire when you were young trying to convince your best friend your dad could and would smoke his dad's ass ... :-D

[quote name="Law Dog" post="1407194" timestamp="1369251717"]

The difference with Vidor was that scheme had been run for a while and y'all finally had a great group of athletes that pushed you over the hump.  I think that time may be coming at HJ.  They have some pretty good athletes coming in the next two or three years, but it is probably unrealistic to think it will be this year. [b] WOS, Silsbee, et al also will probably have something to say about that too for the foreseeable future as well.[/b]

[/quote]
i'm not saying they will beat WOS or Silsbee. just that they will compete in the district and turn some heads.

[quote name="Dan Smith" post="1407374" timestamp="1369271227"]
HJ is definitely working as hard or harder than any team in their district. Coach Dubois has installed a new mindset in the program. I promise HJ will have one of their best years in a while.
[/quote]It has been a while since HJ has made any noise in football. That 98 team sure was talented and a few years after that. Maybe times are changing over their at HJ. Any ways good luck coach

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1407836" timestamp="1369355106"]
Yea they could be in a senerio where they automaticaly become a playoff contender. Nothing wrong with that either. 21-3A is hard to compete in due to it being top heave with Silsbee and WOS.
[/quote] I hear ya. id rather be in a district with one great team (Coldspring) than in a district with 2 great teams (WO-S and Silsbee) currently.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1407867" timestamp="1369359580"]
No way they make it this year. I think HF will be there.
[/quote]

Only time will tell but considering HJ beat HF last year and returns a lot while HF graduates a lot I'll go with HJ. Game could go either way though...I see the district like this:

Silsbee
WOS
BC
HJ
OF
Buna
HF

[quote name="Herefortheparty" post="1407926" timestamp="1369365675"]
HJ will be one of the top 3 teams this year..... No doubt! [b]Rizon, I love you!!!![/b]
[/quote]

HAHAAH Barry don't go and get all soft on me now.....  ;D ;D ;D hahahah you get a program you like and you go soft... whats up with that??? LMAO!

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1407936" timestamp="1369368275"]
Silsbee
WOS
BC
OF
Buna
HJ
HF
[/quote]

So let me get this straight.... you're saying that if HJ and Silsbee would play right now... and Slisbee left the field in the 3rd qtr it would take HJ 6 plays to score? is that what you're saying FF?? LOL

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1407945" timestamp="1369371095"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=112144.msg1407936#msg1407936 date=1369368275]
Silsbee
WOS
BC
OF
Buna
HJ
HF
[/quote]

So let me get this straight.... you're saying that if HJ and Silsbee would play right now... and Slisbee left the field in the 3rd qtr it would take HJ 6 plays to score? is that what you're saying FF?? LOL
[/quote]

OK I will take the bait  ;D I would give them at least 3 plays.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1407975" timestamp="1369397759"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112144.msg1407945#msg1407945 date=1369371095]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=112144.msg1407936#msg1407936 date=1369368275]
Silsbee
WOS
BC
OF
Buna
HJ
HF
[/quote]

[/quote]

OK I will take the bait  ;D I would give them at least 3 plays.
[/quote]

hahahahahah :-) I think they will have 4-6 wins .... I think they have a shot at the 3rd place in this district....  the pivotal games being BC and Buna...  I could see HJ even making the PreDistrict games Vs Vidor again just because of the relationship Dewayne and Jeff have...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder