Silsbee vs Carthage

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1406496" timestamp="1369117073"]
Silsbee want stand a chance in this game they never been here Carthage lives here just like in football best program going in the state. It's about the Benjamin's called money money money
[/quote] so much for that thought.  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1407908" timestamp="1369362658"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=112076.msg1406496#msg1406496 date=1369117073]
Silsbee want stand a chance in this game they never been here Carthage lives here just like in football best program going in the state. It's about the Benjamin's called money money money
[/quote] so much for that thought.  ;D
[/quote]
You're about 23 years behind, huh, Dogs 1990? ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1407990" timestamp="1369401317"]
Carthage owned by Silsbee last night!!! Eat your crow!!!
[/quote]
I think all your going to get is.....

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGiOuaoQ95rHNn4RdTvY_Gn5QXzVyEgn5B3J_5POoyDSV-d1yh[/img]

I watched the game at AC last night. I wouldn't say that Silsbee "owned" Carthage at all. Carthage was very charitable with some bonehead plays that cost them. I will say that Silsbee played well, and except for one inning, so did Carthage. The catch the young man in CF made was worthy of ESPN, and ultimately broke Carthage's back! The truth is, if that catch isn't made Carthage scores two and has the tying run at third with one out. BUT, he DID make the catch, and now Silsbee advances. If they play like they did last night they can make it to Austin, but both Huffman and/or Diboll will be a worthy opponent. To think any different is foolishness, and "homer" type of thinking.

[quote name="RockNFire" post="1408179" timestamp="1369430491"]
I watched the game at AC last night. I wouldn't say that Silsbee "owned" Carthage at all. Carthage was very charitable with some bonehead plays that cost them. I will say that Silsbee played well, and except for one inning, so did Carthage. The catch the young man in CF made was worthy of ESPN, and ultimately broke Carthage's back! [b]The truth is, if that catch isn't made Carthage scores two and has the tying run at third with one out.[/b] BUT, he DID make the catch, and now Silsbee advances. If they play like they did last night they can make it to Austin, but both Huffman and/or Diboll will be a worthy opponent. To think any different is foolishness, and "homer" type of thinking.
[/quote]

How could have Carthage scored two and have a runner at third on that play? Carthage only had one runner on base (at first). The best Carthage could have done was score 1 run and "possibly" have a runner at 3rd with 1 out. (runner could have been held to 2nd). That would leave Carthage still behind by 2 runs with 1 out.

Get your "facts" correct on your "hypotheticals". ;) ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1408183" timestamp="1369431245"]
[quote author=RockNFire link=topic=112076.msg1408179#msg1408179 date=1369430491]
I watched the game at AC last night. I wouldn't say that Silsbee "owned" Carthage at all. Carthage was very charitable with some bonehead plays that cost them. I will say that Silsbee played well, and except for one inning, so did Carthage. The catch the young man in CF made was worthy of ESPN, and ultimately broke Carthage's back! [b]The truth is, if that catch isn't made Carthage scores two and has the tying run at third with one out.[/b] BUT, he DID make the catch, and now Silsbee advances. If they play like they did last night they can make it to Austin, but both Huffman and/or Diboll will be a worthy opponent. To think any different is foolishness, and "homer" type of thinking.
[/quote]

How could have Carthage scored two and have a runner at third on that play? Carthage only had one runner on base (at first). The best Carthage could have done was score 1 run and "possibly" have a runner at 3rd with 1 out. (runner could have been held to 2nd). That would leave Carthage still behind by 2 runs with 1 out.

[/quote]Yes and don't forget the right fielder was in the perfect position to pick up if dropped. the hitter at best would have made it to second. so as a spectator he was watching the game through rose colored glasses. Personally I thought BC and OF both were better competition and better teams than Carthage

After replaying that scene in my mind you are absolutely correct about the base runner situation, and true it was all hypothetical anyway. What is not is the fact that you dominated Carthage. You didn't. As for rose colored glasses you are sadly mistaken. I own businesses in Lufkin and Silsbee. I pay taxes to the school district there, and I support them through advertising, so truthfully I pulled for the Tigers, but I watched a hard fought game that could have gone either way right up to the very last catch. To deny that only confirms who would be wearing the rosé  colored glasses.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1408195" timestamp="1369434367"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=112076.msg1408183#msg1408183 date=1369431245]
[quote author=RockNFire link=topic=112076.msg1408179#msg1408179 date=1369430491]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes and don't forget the right fielder was in the perfect position to pick up if dropped. the hitter at best would have made it to second. so as a spectator he was watching the game through rose colored glasses. Personally I thought BC and OF both were better competition and better teams than Carthage
[/quote]

In the worlds of Kelso "BURRRRRN"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder