Summercreek Quarterback Aaron Sharp wins big at State 4a track championships

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404366" timestamp="1368501078"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404350#msg1404350 date=1368498852]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111929.msg1404334#msg1404334 date=1368494662]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404317#msg1404317 date=1368488285]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404236#msg1404236 date=1368475298]
Aaron Sharp is being compared to West Virginia-QB Pat White. A similar type dual threat QB.

I also hear rumors of 5 starting QB candidates at SC this year? Any news on that? I don't see Aaron being beaten out for the position, unless we have gotten someone unbelievably amazing.
[/quote]

I believe they have 4 QBs fighting for backup....but I believe Zach Walker will win that spot
[/quote]5 was a little much but I know in Crosby they're saying the backup qb, Tristan Cotton,who's going to be a sophomore next year could be a better option under center and let Aston play in the slot where he'll probably play if they stay committed to Rice. We got almost 900 from the slot with Justin Walter last year and Aston would probably push that total to around 1500 if he played there but I think the staff still realizes twin left, twin right, twin keep, twin throw it to Raelon is the best option for a shot at a regional title.

*I would say SC won because they have the big 4A enrollment but this time they did it at state so that argument is null and void which is why even though I like SC I though that was a weak a argument saying Georgetown was supposed to be a 5a school. Y'all have 29.5 more kids per Comeaux's post. You just have to admit when you get rolled sometime. Y'all go win a state title against every other 2000+ enrollment school and all I have to say is, "D*&^, them boys from Humble are fast". Good job SC and Sharp might as well commit now. TCU might offer now from what I've seen and he's like number 9 on the A&M list. Briles coached RG3 and is a Texas high school legend, enough said. 8) 
[/quote]

Cougar14, now you know only 1 person was saying Georgetown was winning because they are 5a, don't make it seem like it was the entire fan base. And you are right, Summer Creek is just fast like that, that doesn't have anything to do with enrollment.[b] I saw 1A running and I saw a few kids that will dust anybody from anywhere. If you can run, you can run.[/b] And you said UH is Sharp best offer, why are you saying he should commit now? Are you talking about Baylor?
[/quote]Yeah, and there's an African in the woods who can beat Usain Bolt. You know what I'm saying It Is. The team title is because of those relays though. I know y'all are fast but Chance Casey got back to back hurdle state titles and went to Baylor also. I think he ended up with about 30 career starts but yeah, Baylor is what I was talking about for Sharp. RG3 was a track athlete(hurdle champ) too and Art Briles is starting to put together an excellent resume. Kevin Sumlin's offense at A&M is basically what he learned from Briles at UH. Look at Case Keenum's numbers and look at Nick Florence's numbers from their senior years under Sumlin and Briles respectively. Now look at RG3 with Briles and Johnny Football's numbers with Sumlin. Same offense except now Sumlin has the better players. There's about 10 head coaches in the country that are known as "quarterback guys" such Bobby Petrino, David Cutcliffe, Jeff Tedford, Steve Spurrier and so on. Briles is one of those guys now, and not to mention it's a private school education.
[/quote]

;D ....yea I believe Baylor is a good fit too for Sharp....the question is how long will Briles be around. And Baylor seem like they waited until he won state in track to offer him

Briles has said publicly he doesn't plan on leaving soon. And also I hope Sharp isn't mad because Baylor offered after he won state every offer the kid gets from here on out will be after he won state. The kid only has 4-6 offers so it wouldnt be smart to be to nit-picky obviously he's a great ball player and athlete but looking at Briles track record with QBs he won't lose sleep if the kid doesn't jump on the offer, he'll just find another QB to put up insane #'s. Briles has Baylor as a top 25 team. If Sharp went there Briles would put him in the NFL

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1404412" timestamp="1368536739"]
Briles has said publicly he doesn't plan on leaving soon. And also I hope Sharp isn't mad because Baylor offered after he won state every offer the kid gets from here on out will be after he won state. The kid only has 4-6 offers so it wouldnt be smart to be to nit-picky obviously he's a great ball player and athlete but looking at Briles track record with QBs he won't lose sleep if the kid doesn't jump on the offer, he'll just find another QB to put up insane #'s. Briles has Baylor as a top 25 team. If Sharp went there Briles would put him in the NFL
[/quote]That's pretty much what I'm saying, Sharp has some mechanical issues which is why with those types of numbers he doesn't have more offers IMO. The production he could potentially have at Baylor along with his good agility numbers would force teams to give him a look. Remember, RG3 was going to UH until Briles got the job in Waco. Much like JF, RG3 wanted to go to Texas but he was going to have to play db. Sometime you might have to swallow your pride a little.

"South of Lake Houston was the old district but do they still have all of that because now Liberty Lakes south of 90 and the developments to the west are Sheldon ISD too now."

This new development is immediately south of Deussen Park/Lake Houston, north of Beltway 8, and immediately northwest of Sheldon ISD. It looks like it will be in Humble ISD.

Also, the last I heard, Humble ISD has plans for two more high schools.

and you still need to work on your mentality of stereotypes, and perceptions.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404448" timestamp="1368543808"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=111929.msg1404412#msg1404412 date=1368536739]
[/quote]That's pretty much what I'm saying, Sharp has some mechanical issues which is why with those types of numbers he doesn't have more offers IMO. The production he could potentially have at Baylor along with his good agility numbers would force teams to give him a look. Remember, RG3 was going to UH until Briles got the job in Waco. Much like JF, RG3 wanted to go to Texas but he was going to have to play db. Sometime you might have to swallow your pride a little.
[/quote]

If Sharp has mechanical issues, why is the "great QB" guy Briles is coming after him? Maybe it's to play another position. And if Sharp is gonna move to another position, at 6'3 and athletic, I would go to a big time school and play WR, safety, etc....maybe somewhere like Utah

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404456" timestamp="1368546733"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111929.msg1404448#msg1404448 date=1368543808]
[/quote]

If Sharp has mechanical issues, why is the "great QB" guy Briles is coming after him? Maybe it's to play another position. And if Sharp is gonna move to another position, at 6'3 and athletic, I would go to a big time school and play WR, safety, etc....maybe somewhere like Utah
[/quote]
Mechanics can be fixed if you find the right coach.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1404459" timestamp="1368547251"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404456#msg1404456 date=1368546733]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Mechanics can be fixed if you find the right coach.
[/quote]

I believe that too. But Briles is more of a offensive minded guy as far as good offensive play calling, I don't know if he's a mechanic guy

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1404469" timestamp="1368548219"]
Sharp will do fine. He does need to put some meat on those bones. He has a very slim frame.
[/quote]

I agree. I was surprised at his size, and have reservations about his ability to survive in top level college ball at that size.

All I got to say is, "He Don't Know Bo"....... ;)

Ok, maybe not all I got to say.  Kid is a great player.  Certainly better than the lame duck Central sent to Texas A&M a few years back..... ;) ;) ;)  Little plug to my budy Soulja.... ;D

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404456" timestamp="1368546733"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Sharp ain't switching positions, you don't have to worry about that. I'll say this, he's better than Brian Johnson and Brian started 4 years at Utah. Sharp's issue at Baylor is that he might not get off the bench if Briles gets a big time recruit but you can't think that way. Most young qbs have mechanical issues, there are very few Luck and Stafford's so instead they'll take the great athlete with good production and try to polish his skill set. The thing I see mostly with him is that awkward release and he looks like he's only about 175 at almost 6'3''. His arm strength will also be tested when the windows start to close on the next level. All things that can be corrected with work but the leash might not be that long in Waco. He can escape pressure and he doesn't turn the ball over, that's why I think Baylor offered him. The 200 title was just a plus.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1404388" timestamp="1368511469"]
[quote author=WinningatSC link=topic=111929.msg1404340#msg1404340 date=1368495739]
Generation Park is supposed to build 3000 apartments across Beltway 8 from Summer Creek High. It is not known yet if they will be zoned to Humble ISD. If they are zoned to HISD, the planned 6th new high school in HISD will be built sooner than later.

The 4,000-acre wooded site off the northeastern elbow of Beltway 8, has sold the first major tract in Generation Park to FMC Technologies, makers of subsea, wellhead and other equipment for the oil and gas industry. FMC Technologies purchased 173 acres on the west side of Beltway 8 and is assessing its plans for the site.
[/quote] Yep, heard about Generation Park this past football season. I thought it was already a done deal it would be zoned to Humble ISD  ???
[/quote]
I read on the website that the area will be in Sheldon isd. But I can imagine the amount of residents in Summerwood will substantially increase due to being so close.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1404595" timestamp="1368562334"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404456#msg1404456 date=1368546733]
[/quote]

[/quote]Sharp ain't switching positions, you don't have to worry about that. I'll say this, he's better than Brian Johnson and Brian started 4 years at Utah. Sharp's issue at Baylor is that he might not get off the bench if Briles gets a big time recruit but you can't think that way. Most young qbs have mechanical issues, there are very few Luck and Stafford's so instead they'll take the great athlete with good production and try to polish his skill set. The thing I see mostly with him is that awkward release and he looks like he's only about 175 at almost 6'3''. His arm strength will also be tested when the windows start to close on the next level. All things that can be corrected with work but the leash might not be that long in Waco. He can escape pressure and he doesn't turn the ball over, that's why I think Baylor offered him. The 200 title was just a plus.
[/quote]

Naw he's actually 188 and that's after track season. The kids at saying he will commit to Baylor if he's offered the Qb spot, but they also said his parents loved it at Utah when they went to visit!

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404665" timestamp="1368580094"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111929.msg1404595#msg1404595 date=1368562334]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Naw he's actually 188 and that's after track season. The kids at saying he will commit to Baylor if he's offered the Qb spot, but they also said his parents loved it at Utah when they went to visit!
[/quote]
Offered the starting QB spot or a shot at QB?? Because Briles wont give him the job unless he earns it.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1404693" timestamp="1368587716"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404665#msg1404665 date=1368580094]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Offered the starting QB spot or a shot at QB?? Because Briles wont give him the job unless he earns it.
[/quote]

I'm assuming offered a shot at QB

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1404665" timestamp="1368580094"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Naw he's actually 188 and that's after track season. The kids at saying he will commit to Baylor if he's offered the Qb spot, but they also said [b]his parents loved it at Utah when they went to visit![/b]
[/quote] I hope that isn't a deciding factor ... and if he isn't offered a QB spot at Baylor I think the education you receive will outweigh going anywhere else...

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1404753" timestamp="1368627528"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111929.msg1404665#msg1404665 date=1368580094]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Naw he's actually 188 and that's after track season. The kids at saying he will commit to Baylor if he's offered the Qb spot, but they also said [b]his parents loved it at Utah when they went to visit![/b]
[/quote] I hope that isn't a deciding factor ... and if he isn't offered a QB spot at Baylor I think the education you receive will outweigh going anywhere else...
[/quote]

For peats sake, don't go throuwing education in the mix......... ;D ;D ;D  It should be ablout new cars, nice apartments, boosters, party atmosphere, hot chicks, and then football.  Well got to run, Bo Jackson just called.  Something about his camaro breaking down.  ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby Again" post="1404756" timestamp="1368628273"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111929.msg1404753#msg1404753 date=1368627528]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For peats sake, don't go throuwing education in the mix......... ;D ;D ;D  It should be ablout new cars, nice apartments, boosters, party atmosphere, hot chicks, and then football.  Well got to run, Bo Jackson just called.  Something about his camaro breaking down.  ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

LOL

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1404753" timestamp="1368627528"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats true. It's about the education but the kid has to make sure he's comfortable with HIS decision. Parents are just there to advise

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1404412" timestamp="1368536739"]
[/quote]

I agree, I hope Sharp picks Baylor, Briles is the real deal.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404340" timestamp="1368495739"]
Generation Park is supposed to build 3000 apartments across Beltway 8 from Summer Creek High. It is not known yet if they will be zoned to Humble ISD. If they are zoned to HISD, the planned 6th new high school in HISD will be built sooner than later.

The 4,000-acre wooded site off the northeastern elbow of Beltway 8, has sold the first major tract in Generation Park to FMC Technologies, makers of subsea, wellhead and other equipment for the oil and gas industry. FMC Technologies purchased 173 acres on the west side of Beltway 8 and is assessing its plans for the site.
[/quote]

there are no plans for apartments as of yet for GP.  if their are multi-family units built they will be Luxury apartments, and be less then 3,000.  Generation Park is a Master planned business park, focusing on families and college students studying engineering (as they plan to attempt to lure college engineering programs to build schools).   

Their is also NO plan for a 6th High school as of yet.  Its not even in the planning phase, its not considered necessary.  they built Summer Creek 5 years before they needed to.  Simply put, the area is going to hit a point in which their will be no room for additional high schools and be effectively built out.  Summer Creek is around 2100 students, nearly 1500 students away from its capacity.  Humble High School is only built to 2400 student capacity with the capacity to expand to 3600 (they have several measures in places to do this.  One of them is to remake Ross Sterling Middle to a 9th grade center.)   

the plan has always been to rezone the boundaries once Summer Creek reaches capacity (actually before then).  Politics were in play, and its is going to cost Tax payers more.....but it was the plan non-the-less.    The objective was to accelerate growth with a new high school, and then fill Humble back up.  The neighborhoods of north of beltway 8, east of Williams Gully are to be zoned back to Humble.  They attempted to do it this past year, but met parental opposition.  However it WILL happen, because it needs to when the land north or Sunset Ridge west is opened for development....and GP brings an estimated 100,000 jobs to the area (which will be shared by Sheldon ISD and Humble ISD).    Humble HS will see additional growth with new developments like Townsen's Landing (south of Spring creek and San Jac Fork) and estimated 500 homes will be brought there.  As well as the developments of Rustic Pines (East of Turner stadium) and Atascocita Heights ( south of Laurel place on Atascocita Rd)

All that being said.... still would have to clear 3000 HS students in the next 15 years (unlikely) to fill current capacity before even drawing up plans for a 6th.    The need for Summer Creek was not there, and i couldn't imagine how the board would sell a 6th high school and waste nearly 300 million dollars another facility when expansion would cost  less than 1/4 of that cost..

so the short version.... no 6th high school, and those supposed 3000 apts (which would be high end luxury) would be zoned to Sheldon ISD.....as NONE of Generation Park sits inside Humble ISD.

[quote name="WinningatSC" post="1404451" timestamp="1368544911"]
"South of Lake Houston was the old district but do they still have all of that because now Liberty Lakes south of 90 and the developments to the west are Sheldon ISD too now."

This new development is immediately south of Deussen Park/Lake Houston, north of Beltway 8, and immediately northwest of Sheldon ISD. It looks like it will be in Humble ISD.
[b]
Also, the last I heard, Humble ISD has plans for two more high schools.
[/b]

and you still need to work on your mentality of stereotypes, and perceptions.
[/quote]

negative.

and here is a map of the district along with the Demographic report to show you that even a 15 year out projection at high growth doesn't show two high schools...

http://www.humble.k12.tx.us/cms/lib2/TX01001414/Centricity/Domain/1/PASA-HumbleISD_Demographic_Update_March2012.pdf

That's correct, the luxury apartments or what ever will be zoned to Sheldon isd, but they expect the residents in the general humble area (including Kingwood) to increase over the next couple decades, mainly in the higher income residents. In their video they didn't even mention Sheldon isd, which I thought was kind of odd considering how close it is. They talked up humble isd quite a bit.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1405857" timestamp="1368845538"]
So CE King should be expecting a bigger enrollment in the coming years?
[/quote]

CE King should become a 5A (6A) school in the next 10-15 years, and i wouldn't be surprised to see movement towards a second High school.      currently Sheldon ISD is considered a rural ISD, much like Humble ISD was 20-25 years ago...i expect to change to some extent with at leas 1 5a school and a 4a in the next 20 years for sheldon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin