Montana Quirante Highlights 2012-2013/Final RMG Videos

I must have watched MQ's film more than 10 times over the last couple years. I watched it again this a.m. and realized that Vidor is probably going to struggle to get to 5-5. I guess after watching so many times and knowing what the play should have been I finally saw how many time he turned a poorly executed/broken play into a first down or td. Losing over thirty starts and along with Miller pretty much 65% of the offense. I actually think the defensive production can be close to replaced but if you think you're putting a first year starter out there and he's going to be as good at covering up mistakes and just running the ball period I think y'all are going to be disappointed. Vidor's D has been decent over the last couple years because they keep the ball so long, that's going to be a different story with a few more three and outs per game along with potential fumbles. 4-6 did get into the playoffs in 20-4a last year but if Ozen and Central are both legit The Pearl's playoff hopes could be in major trouble. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1398834" timestamp="1367159257"]
I must have watched MQ's film more than 10 times over the last couple years. I watched it again this a.m. and realized that Vidor is probably going to struggle to get to 5-5. I guess after watching so many times and knowing what the play should have been I finally saw how many time he turned a poorly executed/broken play into a first down or td. Losing over thirty starts and along with Miller pretty much 65% of the offense. I actually think the defensive production can be close to replaced but if you think you're putting a first year starter out there and he's going to be as good at covering up mistakes and just running the ball period I think y'all are going to be disappointed. Vidor's D has been decent over the last couple years because they keep the ball so long, that's going to be a different story with a few more three and outs per game along with potential fumbles. 4-6 did get into the playoffs in 20-4a last year but if Ozen and Central are both legit The Pearl's playoff hopes could be in major trouble.
[/quote] I personally think Quirante will be missed more  on the defensive side of the ball.  Kid was a ball hawk.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1398834" timestamp="1367159257"]
[/quote]
Keep thinking that cougar. And who is miller?  ???

Montana Quirante is a Vidor legend, and will be remembered for what he has done for this ball club. but before we go thinking that were nothing with out him, you have to acknowledge the heart that the Pirates have developed under his leadership. Montana was not just a good football player, he was a leader, and someone the other kids looked up to. Now that he is graduated, I believe the club will grow stronger in his shadows and fight for what is rightfully theirs. The State Championship. I for one know that they can do it, and will do it. [b]GO VIDOR PIRATES[/b].

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1398855" timestamp="1367167318"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111504.msg1398834#msg1398834 date=1367159257]
[/quote]
Keep thinking that cougar. [b]And who is miller? [/b] ???
[/quote]I meant Moore. I will keep thinking that Two, what you're not used to in Vidor is having a great player. The Pirates are the consistently the 5th or 6th most talented team in the district. Eventually those numbers rear their head. I'm just saying that you can't play over your skis every year, but 20-4a wasn't the strongest last year and will probably be weaker this year so Vidor could catch another break. I just don't think it's a coincidence that Vidor's only two playoff wins since the Apollo missions came when MQ was under the center. It's possible you're giving Matthews too much credit.

couger14. don't be jealous that our team finally found their heart and play with it. you have got to be the most annoying piece of art, give these kids the respect they deserve. don't hate on them because you have something to prove. give it up slacker.

[quote name="Ironman63" post="1398944" timestamp="1367204135"]
couger14.[b] don't be jealous that our team finally found their heart and play with it. you have got to be the most annoying piece of art, give these kids the respect they deserve.[/b] don't hate on them because you have something to prove. give it up slacker.
[/quote]I'll accept the annoying thing, much nicer than other things I have been called but what annoys me is when you make a comment and didn't understand what I meant which is why someone else didn't make the same comment as you. That's exactly what I'm doing is giving the kids their props, they've been consistently beating teams with more talent the last two or three years which is why I said they're getting better results than their talent indicates. I'm a Cougar fan but I'm unbiased when it comes to calling it what it is. I was at the Vidor-Crosby game. I saw that Vidor wasn't very impressive athletically but had a good player in MQ and I think it was number 34 and 26 or 24 and 36 that were solid also. Crosby had the twins who came into the game with almost 4000 yards of offense between them, 6'1" Jacoby Scott and 6'2" Chad Chatmon who are both playing college ball at receiver, Kansas State commit Donny Starks at corner(plays safety in college), and current Lone Star Conference freshman of the year Clayton Callicutt who was 6'4" and 240 coming off the edge.  We didn't win the game though. Turned it over a couple of times and Vidor made us pay like a good team does, I also think that Flannigan underestimated how much trouble that misdirection offense would give us. Like I said, props to the Pirates, if that's annoying you can . . .

[quote name="Ironman63" post="1398886" timestamp="1367180673"]
Montana Quirante is a Vidor legend, and will be remembered for what he has done for this ball club. but before we go thinking that were nothing with out him, you have to acknowledge the heart that the Pirates have developed under his leadership. Montana was not just a good football player, he was a leader, and someone the other kids looked up to. Now that he is graduated, I believe the club will grow stronger in his shadows and [b]fight for what is rightfully theirs. The State Championship[/b]. I for one know that they can do it, and will do it. [b]GO VIDOR PIRATES[/b].
[/quote]
How is that rightfully theirs? What have they done to claim that is it theirs? Does a first round loss mean that Vidor deserves the Championship?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1399795" timestamp="1367449150"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111504.msg1399784#msg1399784 date=1367446518]
[quote author=Ironman63 link=topic=111504.msg1399775#msg1399775 date=1367443706]
and the spelling b winner is
[/quote]I thought they outlawed bathsalts?
[/quote]
You would know cougar.  ;)
[/quote]I know unless Spanky and Elmo have grandsons you probably won't get another playoff win any time soon, but hey there's always that night in 2011 you beat Crosby. 8)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1399835" timestamp="1367458994"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=111504.msg1399795#msg1399795 date=1367449150]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111504.msg1399784#msg1399784 date=1367446518]
[quote author=Ironman63 link=topic=111504.msg1399775#msg1399775 date=1367443706]
and the spelling b winner is
[/quote]I thought they outlawed bathsalts?
[/quote]
You would know cougar.  ;)
[/quote]I know unless Spanky and Elmo have grandsons you probably won't get another playoff win any time soon, but hey there's always that night in 2011 you beat Crosby. 8)
[/quote]
Would you like to make a wager on that?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder