*East Chambers at Deweyville Updates*/East Chambers wins 3-2!!

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1398899" timestamp="1367189100"]
JMO it does not matter where the track meet was at knowing there was rain in the schedule the game should have been played as scheduled on Friday but they did not, to accommodate two kids, by doing that it screwed the entire district. Like I said this is just my opinion no disrespect meant toward any one.
[/quote]JMO Deweyville trying to accommodate the other team showed alot of [size=12pt]class[/size]. I would want to beat a team at 100% then for someone to say the outcome could have come out different. Some people could say they would have scewed the district up playing the game with one team at 90%. I say let the coaches, coach and make the decisions without everyone second guessing them. More than likely the game will be played and will decide outcome of the district. Thanks to the Deweyville Head Coach for trying to help all the kids and it was first class in my BOOK and hope the EC coaches would do the same for the kids in Deweyville. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1398980" timestamp="1367239174"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=111499.msg1398899#msg1398899 date=1367189100]
JMO it does not matter where the track meet was at knowing there was rain in the schedule the game should have been played as scheduled on Friday but they did not, to accommodate two kids, by doing that it screwed the entire district. Like I said this is just my opinion no disrespect meant toward any one.
[/quote]JMO Deweyville trying to accommodate the other team showed alot of [size=12pt]class[/size]. I would want to beat a team at 100% then for someone to say the outcome could have come out different. Some people could say they would have scewed the district up playing the game with one team at 90%. I say let the coaches, coach and make the decisions without everyone second guessing them. More than likely the game will be played and will decide outcome of the district. Thanks to the Deweyville Head Coach for trying to help all the kids and it was first class in my BOOK and hope the EC coaches would do the same for the kids in Deweyville. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]
I think there is just a bit of frustration coming out...think about your statement Deweyville would want to beat EC when they were at 100%...well the same should go the other way as well. Not taking anything against DP number 2 guy but he is not Howell either and because the game was not played according to the schedule and the game was suspended due to weather, Howell will most likely not be the man today with playoffs looming Thursday. So now If EC wins did you get a game that was 100%...now throw Hardin into that mix...face it the situation is tainted either way you go play the schedule or reschedule. It think it is a true catch 22 situation. I applaued trying work with multi-sport athletes...so like I said no real answer to the situation so in situations like this I think you follow the schedule and next year get with UIL and try to use more foresight so maybe it's not such a no win situation. Game should get played today and playing the game is 100% better than living with a coin flip. Good luck to All involved.

[quote name="Sport1971!" post="1398997" timestamp="1367242559"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=111499.msg1398980#msg1398980 date=1367239174]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=111499.msg1398899#msg1398899 date=1367189100]
[/quote]
I think there is just a bit of frustration coming out...think about your statement Deweyville would want to beat EC when they were at 100%...well the same should go the other way as well. Not taking anything against DP number 2 guy but he is not Howell either and because the game was not played according to the schedule and the game was suspended due to weather, Howell will most likely not be the man today with playoffs looming Thursday. So now If EC wins did you get a game that was 100%...now throw Hardin into that mix...face it the situation is tainted either way you go play the schedule or reschedule. It think it is a true catch 22 situation. I applaued trying work with multi-sport athletes...so like I said no real answer to the situation so in situations like this I think you follow the schedule and next year get with UIL and try to use more foresight so maybe it's not such a no win situation. Game should get played today and playing the game is 100% better than living with a coin flip. Good luck to All involved.
[/quote]Howell on the mound until last enning. All this second guessing the coach does nobody any good. Howell pitched a good game and I don't think anything was tainted. Thank You God that the entire district was not screwed. LOL

I'm just thankful the game got played and it was not decided on a coin flip and if the weather had not improved at the last minute it would have been doubtful. As far as Howell on the mound I applaud the fact that Deweyville coach went for the win...I still think it not the best move with a playoff game possible in three days, but that's his coaches call. But you are right no body can look at it now and have a doubt that EC prevailed and did so playing a team that gave 100% of itself...sure got to feel better that way than a coin flip or playing a team that was in prime lineup to test EC's skill... Congrats to EC for a fine game and season.  Congrats to Deweyville for the same! Best of luck to you both in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33