Silsbee students attacked at district track meet in West Orange

WOS needs to get a handle on this. if this was to Happen in Silsbee, there would be hell to pay.  And also, parents have alot to do with this. If my kids would have been involved in somthing like this, they wouldnt be able to sit for a week.  Its called respect and discipline.

WO-S and Silsbee both need to get a handle on this.  This has been brewing since the January basketball game in which there was a major brawl involving students and parents/fans...from both schools.  We sent extra police protection and staff when WO-S played at Silsbee in February because of threats made on social media.  WO-S will handle their kids involved in this, but Silsbee needs to do the same.  No one went to the media when the majority of the Silsbee team showed up at our first playoff game at EC and tried to fight.  No one went to the media or pressed charges when a car full of kids in an orange Mustang followed a SUV full of Mustang fans and threw stuff, hitting their car because they had hoped all the hype on social media would settle down.  Those involved need to be handled firmly and abruptly because that type of behavior is unacceptable.  I have confidence that our students will be held accountable, as they should be.

[quote name="stang4life" post="1394236" timestamp="1365894567"]
WO-S and Silsbee both need to get a handle on this.  This has been brewing since the January basketball game in which there was a major brawl involving students and parents/fans...from both schools.  We sent extra police protection and staff when WO-S played at Silsbee in February because of threats made on social media.  WO-S will handle their kids involved in this, but Silsbee needs to do the same.  No one went to the media when the majority of the Silsbee team showed up at our first playoff game at EC and tried to fight.  No one went to the media or pressed charges when a car full of kids in an orange Mustang followed a SUV full of Mustang fans and threw stuff, hitting their car because they had hoped all the hype on social media would settle down.  Those involved need to be handled firmly and abruptly because that type of behavior is unacceptable.  I have confidence that our students will be held accountable, as they should be.
[/quote]

whats your point...didnt run to the media....what has that got to do with anything.....thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. not to mention, you compare bantering on social media with actual physical attacks.....been brewing....so you have knowledge of wos students planning an attack....i read alot of 'smack talk' on here....bc - silsbee baseball.....hj- silsbee basketball....etc....so why is it wos actually carries out attacks.....thugs...simple as that.

[quote name="stang4life" post="1394236" timestamp="1365894567"]
[/quote]

The last sentence was all that was needed.  The rest sounds like one of those parents that makes excuses for their kids when they do wrong.  WOS did wrong.  No more needs to be said about the story.  Own it, fix it and let's go on about our business here.

As I said, I feel confident that those involved from WO-S will be disciplined.  I hope that the same is true of Silsbee.  Thugs? Really?  Nice one.  And, wrong again, I am definitely not one of those parents who makes excuses for my boys because I know that does them no favors. 

Yes this is terrible and needs to be addressed! Students, parents, coaches & administrators are all responsible to some degree! It starts at home 1st, (even though kids will be kids) they have to be made responsible for their actions! Some of us on here are not exactly cordial with one another in response to issues that are disagreed upon, therefore some of our kids take up our mannerisms! This seems though its becoming more common and this is definitely not a good thing! I believe Ozen's playoff brawl landed them on probation with the UIL, I wonder what the outcome will be in this situation. Not saying that a program should be punished because of the actions of a few but consequences should be administered in order for those involved can fully understand their wrongs! IJS

You did it again though.  You put a sort of caveat on it.
You are sure that the WOS students will be disciplined.  Period, hit send.  There is no more that needs to be said to qualify it or put any limiters on the statement.
This story has nothing to do with anything that Silsbee did.  That is a different story for a different thread and does not need to be noted in relation to this story at all.

[quote name="JRidge" post="1394325" timestamp="1365958309"]
Yes this is terrible and needs to be addressed! Students, parents, coaches & administrators are all responsible to some degree! It starts at home 1st, (even though kids will be kids) they have to be made responsible for their actions! Some of us on here are not exactly cordial with one another in response to issues that are disagreed upon, therefore some of our kids take up our mannerisms! This seems though its becoming more common and this is definitely not a good thing! I believe Ozen's playoff brawl landed them on probation with the UIL, I wonder what the outcome will be in this situation. Not saying that a program should be punished because of the actions of a few but consequences should be administered in order for those involved can fully understand their wrongs! IJS
[/quote]It ws my unerstanding that no WOS track atheletes were involved, cant be for sure about that but these type things are not good for anyone, but not new either. I can remember in the early 70's boarding buses in some local towns (wont mention names) and being pelted by rocks regularly good thing we had our helmets! LOL

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1394364" timestamp="1365977269"]
To me it seems like wos wasn't the only ones to blame.
[/quote]

I agree, this has to be the funniest thread on setx so far. People are so quick to judge. Kids are a reflection of their parents. Parents should look in a mirror. But alot do not.  So many people take up for their school as they should but everyone wants to point a finger instead of putting the blame on who is really at fault. I heard words such as "Thug" really? I hate to disappoint  everyone but there are "Thugs" at every school.  Hey Stang4life, WOS is not perfect and neither is any other school. Just saying!!!!!!!!

We realize that and so should others.  And to the statement that it has nothing to do with anything Silsbee did...it has everything to do with what Silsbee and WO-S did.  And yes, there were no WO-S tracksters involved.  Maybe the adults should get the facts and then consider both sides before passing judgements.  But, that would too much to ask.  LOL 

[quote name="stang4life" post="1394379" timestamp="1365984135"]
[color=orange]We realize that and so should others[/color].  And to the statement that it has nothing to do with anything Silsbee did...it has everything to do with what Silsbee and WO-S did.  And yes, there were no WO-S tracksters involved.  Maybe the adults should get the facts and then consider both sides before passing judgements.  But, that would too much to ask.  LOL
[/quote]

I agree, peace out this is bleed Orange. LOL!!!!!

I hate that this happened and no community, school district, parent, or coach wants to be represented this way. I also hate to see that this has governed more attention than the District meet itself.

A lot of great stories happened during that track meet, but not seeing much covered. Our district has the opportunity to send multiple athletes to state with the times they recorded at district. I for one would love to see the media start showering the public with positive news instead of negative, but the media gives the people the news they want to hear :)

Great job to the WOS boys and girls 4x200m and HF's boys 4x400m. All times that put them in the running for an opportunity to go to state!!!

[quote name="JSnipes" post="1394384" timestamp="1365987381"]
I hate that this happened and no community, school district, parent, or coach wants to be represented this way. I also hate to see that this has governed more attention than the District meet itself.

A lot of great stories happened during that track meet, but not seeing much covered. Our district has the opportunity to send multiple athletes to state with the times they recorded at district. I for one would love to see the media start showering the public with positive news instead of negative, but the media gives the people the news they want to hear :)

Great job to the WOS boys and girls 4x200m and HF's boys 4x400m. All times that put them in the running for an opportunity to go to state!!!
[/quote]

I agree, good post.

yes...really...thugs. or are you trying to convince me and others that wos honor students are to blame for this....i guess i could have said piece of its....either way....if the shoe fits.

and yes, every school has them....but in this case...in this article its about wos thugs....if people need to be more accountable and not be so worried as to who else did what or what part someone else had it the crime....and ill say again....smack talk on social media or face to face is not a crime.....jumping people and beating them up is called assault, therefore it is a crime.....no more to the story needed.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1394375" timestamp="1365981956"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=111121.msg1394364#msg1394364 date=1365977269]
[/quote]

I agree, this has to be the funniest thread on setx so far. People are so quick to judge. Kids are a reflection of their parents. Parents should look in a mirror. But alot do not.  So many people take up for their school as they should but everyone wants to point a finger instead of putting the blame on who is really at fault. I heard words such as "Thug" really? I hate to disappoint  everyone but there are "Thugs" at every school.  Hey Stang4life, WOS is not perfect and neither is any other school. Just saying!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I guess that both of you were there and saw the incident. ??? ??? ::)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1394410" timestamp="1366027544"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111121.msg1394375#msg1394375 date=1365981956]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=111121.msg1394364#msg1394364 date=1365977269]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your are a funny guy this morning. :o To answer your question, No I was not there. My point was and still is there are thugs at every school.  Have a nice day.

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1394410" timestamp="1366027544"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=111121.msg1394375#msg1394375 date=1365981956]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I ask the same question to you kid. Was you there to see it?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1394610" timestamp="1366073440"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=111121.msg1394410#msg1394410 date=1366027544]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I ask the same question to you kid. Was you there to see it?
[/quote]
Thank you for the "Kid" compliment.  "Was
you" - good grief 2 cents, try "Were you" - it's English that everybody in Vidor knows (except you apparently).  And, no, I was not
there, but then I haven't posted anything
about the incident like some people that
were not there have posted. ::) 8)

PS:  Did you make the contribution?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder