Best Single Game Perfomance You Witnessed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks Ybarra - Barbers Hill - 2008 playoffs - dropped 39 points. vs. Central

Lorenzo Williams - Kileen Ellison - 2003 playoffs - kid dropped 33 on Central.  He couldn't miss from 3 point land.

Keith Fisher - Central - 2005 - scored 41 points in a game.  He hit like 6 3's in a row.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1385983" timestamp="1363401386"]
In the 90s: Franklin Paul (Central) abusing Lincoln in a Jaguar win at the Beehive.

In the 2000s: Every J'Covan Brown game I went to at Kelly. It just wasnt fair for whoever had to guard him.
[/quote] i agree on J'Covan for most games at Kelly! I remember one time at St. Thomas we were running the clock out in the fourth in spread and the Thomas coach told all 5 of his players to get on J'Covan cause he was just dribbling circles around them and then he split all 5 of them and made a lay up! Haha. One of the funniest things ive seen in basketball. That coach was frustrated!

Back in '73 I saw this guard for Houston Sterling, named Kenny (I forgot his last name) go up against Wheatley in the playoffs.  The game was at Hofeinz Pavilion.  Legendary Wheatley Coach Jackie Carr considered that '73 Wheatley team his best ever.  They were like 43-1 that year.  Nobody gave Sterling a chance.  Everyone at the game was there to see this great Wheatley team.

Kenny had some mad handles.  He consistently broke the famous Wheatley press.  Dude was dribbling behind his back, between his legs, etc..  Then he would come down, shoot a 15 footer with all kinds of hands in his face.  He would double clutch the shot and kiss it off the glass.  He did this several times. He scored almost 40 pts.  Wheatley could not stop him.  When he wasn't scoring Kenny kept setting up his big man for easy lay ups under the rim.  His big man was this big 6'5" Italian guy named Lee Canalito.  Canalito is somewhat famous.  He's a big time trainer in Houston.  If you don't believe me, look him up.  I think Canalito had something like 20 pts and 15 rebounds in that game.  Canalito went on the act in some Sly Stallone movies.  He was also an undefeated heavyweight boxer, 21-0.

Kenny the guard got a basketball scholarship to Sam Houston State.  Sadly he was shot and killed while allegedly breaking into someone's home in Huntsville, Tx.  They had a big write up about it in the Houston papers.  Just the same, that was the greatest single game performance I've ever seen in high school basketball.

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="1386042" timestamp="1363445712"]
Joel LaFluer from PNG score 50 on Nederland in 1992.  Believe he was MVP of the District that year that included Lincoln and Silsbee.
[/quote]That guy was legit. What ever happened to him? Did he play anywhere after HS?

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="1386042" timestamp="1363445712"]
Joel LaFluer from PNG score 50 on Nederland in 1992.  Believe he was MVP of the District that year that included Lincoln and Silsbee.
[/quote]

DV isnt going to like this.  I am sure there is an explanation why LaFleur got MVP in a district that included Lincoln

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386077" timestamp="1363452413"]
[quote author=Aces_Full link=topic=110281.msg1386042#msg1386042 date=1363445712]
[/quote]

DV isnt going to like this.  I am sure there is an explanation why LaFleur got MVP in a district that included Lincoln
[/quote] ;D

I don't remember the year, but I saw Immanuel McElroy for P.A. Lincoln score 50 against Wheatley in the 4A Region III Final at the Campbell Center.  Lincoln lost by 3 I believe.

I saw Bryan Sallier score 28 points with 20 or 22 rebounds, and I think that was in the State Semi-final.
I also saw Darryl McArthur put on a show at the Beehive.

Every game that I saw Earl Evans play. If I remember correctly, Earl missed the bus going to play at Lake Charles Boston, and he came in I believe after halftime and scored 50 and Lincoln won.

[quote name="atb63" post="1386083" timestamp="1363453034"]
[b]I don't remember the year, but I saw Immanuel McElroy for P.A. Lincoln score 50 against Wheatley in the 4A Region III Final at the Campbell Center.  Lincoln lost by 3 I believe.[/b]

I saw Bryan Sallier score 28 points with 20 or 22 rebounds, and I think that was in the State Semi-final.
I also saw Darryl McArthur put on a show at the Beehive.

Every game that I saw Earl Evans play. If I remember correctly, Earl missed the bus going to play at Lake Charles Boston, and he came in I believe after halftime and scored 50 and Lincoln won.
[/quote]1997

Joel LaFluer of PN-G did drop 50 on Nederland in 92 for a still standing single game school record. He was a four year starter and was MVP of the district that included Lincoln. He played at Air Force because he wanted to go to flight school and fly planes which he did and still does. He had many other offers to attend big schools but flying was his passion. He was really good.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1386032" timestamp="1363442065"]
Also Damien Bush of Silsbee have 32pts 10steals 11assists and 7rebs when Silsbee beat Lincoln back in 94 at the Beehive.
[/quote]

I saw Damian Bush and Silsbee play Lincoln is 95.  If Silsbee could of gotten by PA that year that would of won state.  Silsbee had these two stocky 6'5" post players.  I wonder what happened to them?  Lincoln had Steve Jackson in is jr year, just before he transferred to Oak Hill.

[quote author=Aces_Full link=topic=110281.msg1386042#msg1386042 date=1363445712]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1385985" timestamp="1363401578"]
One of mine was Silsbee's Darryl "Boogaloo" McArthur scoring 56 of Silsbee's 68 points in season opener against PA Thomas Jefferson in McArthur's senior year. Silsbee won the game 68-52. Boog outscored TJ by himself.
[/quote]I scored 2 of those 68.  ;D. Just sort of stood around and watched Boogaloo.  That was the best I've seen also.

[quote name="Kountzer" post="1386024" timestamp="1363431402"]
Back in '73 I saw this guard for Houston Sterling, named Kenny (I forgot his last name) go up against Wheatley in the playoffs.  The game was at Hofeinz Pavilion.  Legendary Wheatley Coach Jackie Carr considered that '73 Wheatley team his best ever.  They were like 43-1 that year.  Nobody gave Sterling a chance.  Everyone at the game was there to see this great Wheatley team.

Kenny had some mad handles.  He consistently broke the famous Wheatley press.  Dude was dribbling behind his back, between his legs, etc..  Then he would come down, shoot a 15 footer with all kinds of hands in his face.  He would double clutch the shot and kiss it off the glass.  He did this several times. He scored almost 40 pts.  Wheatley could not stop him.  When he wasn't scoring Kenny kept setting up his big man for easy lay ups under the rim.  His big man was this big 6'5" Italian guy named Lee Canalito.  Canalito is somewhat famous.  He's a big time trainer in Houston.  If you don't believe me, look him up.  I think Canalito had something like 20 pts and 15 rebounds in that game.  Canalito went on the act in some Sly Stallone movies.  He was also an undefeated heavyweight boxer, 21-0.

Kenny the guard got a basketball scholarship to Sam Houston State.  Sadly he was shot and killed while allegedly breaking into someone's home in Huntsville, Tx.  They had a big write up about it in the Houston papers.  Just the same, that was the greatest single game performance I've ever seen in high school basketball.
[/quote]I remember Leo. I think he went to UOFH on fb scholly. I kinda remember the kid (Kenny) for some reason and that incident.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Why would I care about THAT random stat about Lafleur? Congrats to PNG...They have ONE MVP in 100 years...gold star for them...How many MVP's has Lincoln had history buffs? I would venture to say about 99 more than PNG!  8) and being that they are closed, PNG will STILL never catch them in in that or any statistic...and Lincoln is closed.. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa