Triple a academy

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1383772" timestamp="1362759524"]
I have been told that AAA Academy will be reclassified as 3A in the next realignment.
[/quote]

Nope, they would go as the smallest classification that is in Dallas.  They would be  either 4A or 5A, according to the new rule the UIL has put out

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TAMU" post="1384049" timestamp="1362832403"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=110076.msg1383772#msg1383772 date=1362759524]
I have been told that AAA Academy will be reclassified as 3A in the next realignment.
[/quote]

Nope, they would go as the smallest classification that is in Dallas.  They would be  either 4A or 5A, according to the new rule the UIL has put out
[/quote]

The smallest classification in Dallas is 3A (Madison, Roosevelt)

These kids should NOT be playing in 1A basketball! Shame on ANYONE who defends this stance. Watching them play at the state tournament, it is CLEAR that they should be competing on a higher level. If anyone has watched a 1A game recently, you would know these kids are not on the same level of competition.

OOOPS! I mis-typed in the other Triple AAA thread that is now closed.  I meant to say the charter schools in Houston ARE NOT ready for 5-A nor 4-A. UIL can only go by enrollment, I'm only guessing. If UIL want to help the situation due to their lack of knowledge, they need to have someone to advise their  board who is familiar with summer team programs & high school teams.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1383517" timestamp="1362697409"]
im still trying to figure out how these teams can participate in a UIL district but the UIL denied Prime Prep.  ;D
[/quote] Because Prime Prep had too much hype surrounding their induction into the charter school business. UIL has no clue or at least didn't until AAA got their hype.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384375" timestamp="1362927417"]
OOOPS! I mis-typed in the other Triple AAA thread that is now closed.  I meant to say the charter schools in Houston ARE NOT ready for 5-A nor 4-A. UIL can only go by enrollment, I'm only guessing. If UIL want to help the situation due to their lack of knowledge, they need to have someone to advise their  board who is familiar with summer team programs & high school teams.
[/quote]I wonder how was it determined that Strake Jesuit was ready for 5A ball yet AAA was placed in 1A?

Again, if schools want to recruit or obtain an all-star team, fine. However, they should play either: an independent schedule or there needs to be a division specifically designated for them to participate. School's like Mumford (and even Silsbee and HJ; re Yates) should not be the victim of the UIL's incompetences and ignorance.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1384417" timestamp="1362940572"]
I do agree that this charter school/basketball factory had NO BUSINESS competing in UIL PEROID, let alone in class 1A...That was just not a wise move on the part of the UIL.
[/quote]Glad we agree on something! ;) ;D

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1384399" timestamp="1362935527"]
You guys act like Triple A wanted to be 1A, c'mon man with their type of talent I'm sure they wanted to compete with the big boys.
[/quote]I think most of us agree that the UIL is mostly at fault for approving this. I do think AAA should have provided more information to the UIL regarding their level of talent in basketball so that they may have been placed in a different classification. They (AAA)should have (and maybe they did) question the UIL's decision to place them in 1A.

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1384399" timestamp="1362935527"]
You guys act like Triple A wanted to be 1A, c'mon man with their type of talent I'm sure they wanted to compete with the big boys.
[/quote]

Triple A had the option to opt up to higher classifications. School districts always have the option to play up in class, but cannot go down in class.

Triple A chose to go where their enrollment put them, 1A DI.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1384466" timestamp="1362948732"]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=110076.msg1384399#msg1384399 date=1362935527]
[/quote]

Triple A had the option to opt up to higher classifications. School districts always have the option to play up in class, but cannot go down in class.

[/quote] Next time I see King SR., I'll ask him about this.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1384466" timestamp="1362948732"]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=110076.msg1384399#msg1384399 date=1362935527]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't understand why they would wanna play in a 1A division even with their enrollment numbers, knowing they had a high level of talent.

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1384480" timestamp="1362951040"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110076.msg1384466#msg1384466 date=1362948732]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't understand why they would wanna play in a 1A division even with their enrollment numbers, knowing they had a high level of talent.
[/quote]True

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1384480" timestamp="1362951040"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110076.msg1384466#msg1384466 date=1362948732]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] Maybe to [u]win[/u] a State Title?? I dont know, i mean i could be wrong.  :P

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1384484" timestamp="1362951587"]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=110076.msg1384480#msg1384480 date=1362951040]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] Maybe to [u]win[/u] a State Title?? I dont know, i mean i could be wrong.  :P
[/quote]
That's a possibility, but I would think they were trying to establish an elite program and wanting to get national recognition.. Don't think you get much respect knowing you have a high talent level on your team and opting to play in a smaller division.

I think that last statement is the problem. The "owner" of the school who has a kid on the team who is trying to get his kid noticed. Uil needs to take notice and change this from happening again. All of these schools need to compete in the highest classification because it is too easy to recruit.  Even the yes preps of the world. Needs to be the same for all private or charter who compete under the Uil.

[quote name="catfever" post="1384575" timestamp="1363009371"]
I think that last statement is the problem. The "owner" of the school who has a kid on the team who is trying to get his kid noticed. Uil needs to take notice and change this from happening again. All of these schools need to compete in the highest classification because it is too easy to recruit.  Even the yes preps of the world. Needs to be the same for all private or charter who compete under the Uil.
[/quote] [color=red]But here is an additional problem.[/color] [size=14pt]YES Prep cannot compete[/size] - so you definitely don't want to put them in the same classification with a Prime Prep or Triple AAA.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1384422" timestamp="1362941635"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110076.msg1384417#msg1384417 date=1362940572]
I do agree that this charter school/basketball factory had NO BUSINESS competing in UIL PEROID, let alone in class 1A...That was just not a wise move on the part of the UIL.
[/quote]Glad we agree on something! ;) ;D
[/quote] The world bout to end!!!  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1384484" timestamp="1362951587"]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=110076.msg1384480#msg1384480 date=1362951040]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] I think they could have won a 2-A title

Well when some schools abuse the rules it ruins it for the ones who play by the rules. Yes Prep schools will suffer for charters like triple a who bend the rules. They cannot judge each school by talent. That would be too subjective. Has to be the same rules for every charter and it can't be based on enrollment for them.

There sure is a lot of whining about Triple A winning state because some think it's unfair. you lace up yours shoes to play the game just like the other kids ...again stop giving these people  EXCUSES. Cause that's all I hear..ohh they have 7 players who play on the same aau team...ohh they didn't attend the school last year...all this dang on crying needs to stop...if they were in 1A,2A,3A shouldn't matter. To further my point Central has 7 of its 9 players on the same aau team is that fair why shouldn't it be....are you gonna question that nooooooo of course not I'm guessing cause their 4a ,but let's say they all went to Legacy or Kelly would you complain then. My point is either get better or get off the court. You shouldnt care who is on the team your their to play and the minute you place doubt in these kids heads it over. So when Mumford blew out San Augustine im sure they felt LIke they had a chance to win.I'm not sure what some of you  teach your kids but I know with the team I coach we will fear anyone I don't care who they are or who you have. We're gonna bust ya beep to the beep....lol...It's called instilling confidence. Not negativity.. So for those of you who booed those kids and who are writing letters to uil...lmao...you should be shamed of yourselves..we're talking about KIDS winning the game they love to play. And just like a anybody else YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder