Triple a academy

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BMTTOPFLIGHT" post="1384799" timestamp="1363091048"]
There sure is a lot of whining about Triple A winning state because some think it's unfair. you lace up yours shoes to play the game just like the other kids ...again stop giving these people  EXCUSES. Cause that's all I hear..ohh they have 7 players who play on the same aau team...ohh they didn't attend the school last year...all this dang on crying needs to stop...if they were in 1A,2A,3A shouldn't matter. To further my point Central has 7 of its 9 players on the same aau team is that fair why shouldn't it be....are you gonna question that nooooooo of course not I'm guessing cause their 4a ,but let's say they all went to Legacy or Kelly would you complain then. My point is either get better or get off the court. You shouldnt care who is on the team your their to play and the minute you place doubt in these kids heads it over. So when Mumford blew out San Augustine im sure they felt LIke they had a chance to win.I'm not sure what some of you  teach your kids but I know with the team I coach we will fear anyone I don't care who they are or who you have. We're gonna bust ya beep to the beep....lol...It's called instilling confidence. Not negativity.. So for those of you who booed those kids and who are writing letters to uil...lmao...you should be shamed of yourselves..we're talking about KIDS winning the game they love to play. And just like a anybody else YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...
[/quote]Spoken like a true AAU coach!!! ::) ::)

I do not care what you say!! It is not fair when a school can pull kids from 15 different school districts and field a basketball team. It is not fair and you know it.

The uil is wrong for allowing this to happen.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTTOPFLIGHT" post="1384799" timestamp="1363091048"]
There sure is a lot of whining about Triple A winning state because some think it's unfair. you lace up yours shoes to play the game just like the other kids ...again stop giving these people  EXCUSES. Cause that's all I hear..ohh they have 7 players who play on the same aau team...ohh they didn't attend the school last year...all this dang on crying needs to stop...if they were in 1A,2A,3A shouldn't matter. To further my point Central has 7 of its 9 players on the same aau team is that fair why shouldn't it be....are you gonna question that nooooooo of course not I'm guessing cause their 4a ,but let's say they all went to Legacy or Kelly would you complain then. My point is either get better or get off the court. You shouldnt care who is on the team your their to play and the minute you place doubt in these kids heads it over. So when Mumford blew out San Augustine im sure they felt LIke they had a chance to win.I'm not sure what some of you  teach your kids but I know with the team I coach we will fear anyone I don't care who they are or who you have. We're gonna bust ya beep to the beep....lol...It's called instilling confidence. Not negativity.. So for those of you who booed those kids and who are writing letters to uil...lmao...you should be shamed of yourselves..we're talking about KIDS winning the game they love to play. And just like a anybody else YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...
[/quote]Excuse me sir, but Bmt Kelly AND Legacy are PRIVATE SCHOOLS!! Does a town of 600 have the same talent pool to pull from that a city of 3 Million has? No!! That's why there are different classifications.

Do you understand the difference between AAU and PUBLIC SCHOOL athletics?

Do you not think the kids from the towns of 600 don't work hard or don't want to win or don't 'love the game' as u suggested? Mumford was 29-0, yet you think they didn't work hard enough? ???  Take a deep breath, and think about it. Wow!!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1384811" timestamp="1363096063"]
[quote author=BMTTOPFLIGHT link=topic=110076.msg1384799#msg1384799 date=1363091048]
[/quote]Excuse me sir, but Bmt Kelly AND Legacy are PRIVATE SCHOOLS!! Does a town of 600 have the same talent pool to pull from that a city of 3 Million has? No!! That's why there are different classifications.

Do you understand the difference between AAU and PUBLIC SCHOOL athletics?

Do you not think the kids from the towns of 600 don't work hard or don't want to win or don't 'love the game' as u suggested? Mumford was 29-0, yet you think they didn't work hard enough? ???  Take a deep breath, and think about it. Wow!!
[/quote]

+1 for you Abe

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384825" timestamp="1363099568"]
http://www.rockdalereporter.com/news/2009-07-23/sports/057.html
[/quote]

That is a story from 3 years ago when King was an 8th grader. King is now a junior.

Milano and Mumford are just 18 miles apart. Coach King got the opportunity to be a head coach (baseball) and took it.

Are you suggesting that Coach King take the job but leave his son behind at Milano?

If you are trying to make a comparison Dove, it is very weak. Apples and oranges.

Try again Dove.

First of all I didn't accuse Mumford of not working hard enough...obviously they were good because they made it to the finals...I'm talking about. Some of you who cry every time one of these teams because they get players from all around..it was their decision to play in uil so why are you complaining..better question did the coach from Mumford complain..if he didn't then u have no gripe...ill say before and until I'm blue in the face WHEN YOU HAVE A WINNING PROGRAM YOU DON'T HAVE TO RECRUIT..as I said before with HJ..SILSBEE ..KOUNTZE..OZEN.. ETC ETC.. And if you think there is a huge difference between hs ball and aau..then ask some of these coaches why they stay in CLOSE contact with the aau coaches..because they have high level of input on the team success..Congrats to all programs who don't cry when they lose and take it on the chin...

[quote name="BMTTOPFLIGHT" post="1384844" timestamp="1363103687"]
First of all I didn't accuse Mumford of not working hard enough...obviously they were good because they made it to the finals...I'm talking about. Some of you who cry every time one of these teams because they get players from all around..it was their decision to play in uil so why are you complaining..better question did the coach from Mumford complain..if he didn't then u have no gripe...ill say before and until I'm blue in the face WHEN YOU HAVE A WINNING PROGRAM YOU DON'T HAVE TO RECRUIT..as I said before with HJ..SILSBEE ..KOUNTZE..OZEN.. ETC ETC.. And if you think there is a huge difference between hs ball and aau..then ask some of these coaches why they stay in CLOSE contact with the aau coaches..because they have high level of input on the team success..Congrats to all programs who don't cry when they lose and take it on the chin...
[/quote]Wow, where to begin? This is AAA's 1st year to compete in UIL. They have no history!! So your analogy of 'Build it and they will come' does not apply. Try again. ::)

BTW-There is a HUGE difference in AAU and HS ball, and yes I have asked coaches. ;)

[quote name="BMTTOPFLIGHT" post="1384844" timestamp="1363103687"]
[/quote]

Mumford's coach did complain before and after the game. He even made the statement in post game press conference that "Mumford is the 1A DI public school champs".

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1384903" timestamp="1363115256"]
[quote author=BMTTOPFLIGHT link=topic=110076.msg1384844#msg1384844 date=1363103687]
[/quote]

Mumford's coach did complain before and after the game. He even made the statement in post game press conference that "Mumford is the 1A DI public school champs".
[/quote]Okay Aggie, please tell the rest of the story on Mumford & AAU.......

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384918" timestamp="1363118825"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=110076.msg1384903#msg1384903 date=1363115256]
[quote author=BMTTOPFLIGHT link=topic=110076.msg1384844#msg1384844 date=1363103687]
[/quote]

[/quote]Okay Aggie, please tell the rest of the story on Mumford & AAU.......
[/quote] You tell us Dove, you seem to have the info.  :o

I watched all of the state championship games in Austin.  We have all watched Sesame Street and the little song "one of these things just doesn't belong here".  The worst example was AAA against Mumford.  Mumford is a very, very good 1A team, but they had to play an AAU team for the state championship.  AAA got booed when receiving their trophy,[b] loudly[/b].  I do not advocate booing high school kids; never done it, never will.  But the crowd knew what they just watched and it made them sick.

Then the 3A  championship pitted the Houston all-stars against the Dallas all-stars.  Oops, sorry, I meant to say Yates vs Madison.  Again, looked like an AAU tourney championship instead of a 3A high shool one.  Great talent on the floor, entertaining game, but again--"two of these things just don't belong here".

Look, I am not saying whether these schools break the rules or not; in fact it is very possible that they are smart enough to stay just within the bounds.  But any objective observer can clearly see the difference.  The 2A, 4A, & 5A games looked a lot more like what I would have expected to see.  Competitive high school basketball.  In fact the 2A game might have been the best and most entertaining game. 

The UIL needs to decide what it wants to be.  We all have our opinions, and maybe we all can't agree.  But I believe that there will be a lot of heat from coaches, fans, etc after the "show" that was put on in Austin.  It's time to call it what it is, make a decision, and go from here.  At least there should be a serious discussion among the adults in the room about where this is going and what the UIL is all about.

I enjoyed the tournament very much because I love basketball[b][/b], but until you see it live and in person, maybe you won't understand.  The system is broken....

[quote name="Pumper" post="1384974" timestamp="1363130969"]
I watched all of the state championship games in Austin.  We have all watched Sesame Street and the little song "one of these things just doesn't belong here".  The worst example was AAA against Mumford.  Mumford is a very, very good 1A team, but they had to play an AAU team for the state championship.  AAA got booed when receiving their trophy,[b] loudly[/b].  I do not advocate booing high school kids; never done it, never will.  But the crowd knew what they just watched and it made them sick.

Then the 3A  championship pitted the Houston all-stars against the Dallas all-stars.  Oops, sorry, I meant to say Yates vs Madison.  Again, looked like an AAU tourney championship instead of a 3A high shool one.  Great talent on the floor, entertaining game, but again--"two of these things just don't belong here".

Look, I am not saying whether these schools break the rules or not; in fact it is very possible that they are smart enough to stay just within the bounds.  But any objective observer can clearly see the difference.  The 2A, 4A, & 5A games looked a lot more like what I would have expected to see.  Competitive high school basketball.  In fact the 2A game might have been the best and most entertaining game. 

The UIL needs to decide what it wants to be.  We all have our opinions, and maybe we all can't agree.  But I believe that there will be a lot of heat from coaches, fans, etc after the "show" that was put on in Austin.  It's time to call it what it is, make a decision, and go from here.  At least there should be a serious discussion among the adults in the room about where this is going and what the UIL is all about.

I enjoyed the tournament very much because I love basketball[b][/b], but until you see it live and in person, maybe you won't understand.  The system is broken....
[/quote] +1

[quote name="Pumper" post="1384974" timestamp="1363130969"]

[/quote] Very good points!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384982" timestamp="1363131611"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=110076.msg1384974#msg1384974 date=1363130969]

[/quote] Very good points!
[/quote]

Yes they are Dove  VERY GOOD POINTS

[quote name="catfever" post="1385036" timestamp="1363136365"]
Here is the thing that amazed me. The enrollment of Madison was smaller than 95% of all 3A schools. It would not surprise me if they could be 2A by enrollment standards. Amazing that all that size and ability go to a school with 460 kids
[/quote]

No, it's not amazing.  It's obvious.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1385043" timestamp="1363136711"]
[quote author=catfever link=topic=110076.msg1385036#msg1385036 date=1363136365]
Here is the thing that amazed me. The enrollment of Madison was smaller than 95% of all 3A schools. It would not surprise me if they could be 2A by enrollment standards. Amazing that all that size and ability go to a school with 460 kids
[/quote]

[/quote] Like a wildfire spreading

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1385043" timestamp="1363136711"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
But its OK for that ability to land at tiny Hardin Jefferson, right? When they were winning it was perfectly OK. Maybe the UIL should resort to pre-70's UIL....That would be more to your liking, huh Nash?  ::)

Furthermore, I think it was tasteless for those idiots in the stands to boo some high school kids. After all it wasn't THEIR fault the UIL placed them in class A.....I will be willing to bet my right arm if those kids from Triple A Academy were less "urban", they would not have been booed.  ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1385488" timestamp="1363269147"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1385043#msg1385043 date=1363136711]
[/quote]

[/quote]
But its OK for that ability to land at tiny Hardin Jefferson, right? When they were winning it was perfectly OK. Maybe the UIL should resort to pre-70's UIL....That would be more to your liking, huh Nash?  ::)

Furthermore, I think it was tasteless for those idiots in the stands to boo some high school kids. After all it wasn't THEIR fault the UIL placed them in class A.....I will be willing to bet my right arm if those kids from Triple A Academy were less "urban", they would not have been booed.  ;)
[/quote]

Here we go ::) ::)
DV quit trying to make it a skin color issue!! 

I agree the kids should not have been booed, but then charter schools and private schools should not be allowed in the uil.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1385488" timestamp="1363269147"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1385043#msg1385043 date=1363136711]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One player in five years has "landed" at Hardin Jefferson- therefore you look quite foolish trying to make that analogy

To DV's comments:

Totally agree.  Never boo kids; ever.  Even if the boos were meant for another reason, the kids don't know that, and it's wrong.

Being in the drum at the time, the crowd is mixed.  This was not a racial issue at all in my opinion.  It's a right and wrong issue, and you know it when you see it.  The crowd knew it.

And yes, any school can end up with a kid or even a couple that transfer (HJ, Nederland, Ozen, Silsbee, or whoever else you want to mention), but that is very different than what AAA does.  And it's even very different than what Yates or Dallas Madison do.  Not saying it is illegal by the letter of the law, just saying it's different.  Apples and oranges.  Anybody who knows basketball (and DV you obviously do) knows what I am talking about.  Time to the UIL to sit down and figure it out...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Pumper" post="1385507" timestamp="1363272410"]
To DV's comments:

Totally agree.  Never boo kids; ever.  Even if the boos were meant for another reason, the kids don't know that, and it's wrong.

[b]Being in the drum at the time, the crowd is mixed.  This was not a racial issue at all in my opinion.  It's a right and wrong issue, and you know it when you see it.  The crowd knew it[/b].

And yes, any school can end up with a kid or even a couple that transfer (HJ, Nederland, Ozen, Silsbee, or whoever else you want to mention), but that is very different than what AAA does.  And it's even very different than what Yates or Dallas Madison do.  Not saying it is illegal by the letter of the law, just saying it's different.  Apples and oranges.  Anybody who knows basketball (and DV you obviously do) knows what I am talking about.  Time to the UIL to sit down and figure it out...
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1385513" timestamp="1363273253"]
I'd like to say something in defense of AAA. The majority of the kids I'm sure play ball in summer. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They all do not play on the same team...........................They do not all play on the same team.
[/quote]

Does that make it OK for Triple A to do what it does?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder