Players to watch out for in 3a????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland has a kid coming in this year that is very talented on the mound and at the plate. I know one kid doesn't make or brake the team but he will bi a big help in there rotation that I feel was week last year and should do better this year than last year.
I'm not saying they will win their district because Splendora has a really good group of kids this year. I don't know much about Huffman or Tarkington.
Coldspring should be good but I think a young team is going to hinder then, Give them 2 years and they will be solid with a great group of Freshmen coming in.
Shephard will be a threat I think with a group of kid in there that have been playing together for a few years. I think it is the group of kids that went to the Dixie World Series.

This is just my opinion

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="721309" timestamp="1259643104"]
Cleveland has a kid coming in this year that is very talented on the mound and at the plate. I know one kid doesn't make or brake the team but he will bi a big help in there rotation that I feel was week last year and should do better this year than last year.
I'm not saying they will win their district because Splendora has a really good group of kids this year. I don't know much about Huffman or Tarkington.
Coldspring should be good but I think a young team is going to hinder then, Give them 2 years and they will be solid with a great group of Freshmen coming in.
Shephard will be a threat I think with a group of kid in there that have been playing together for a few years. I think it is the group of kids that went to the Dixie World Series.

This is just my opinion
[/quote]

Huffman will runaway with district again they lose only 3 starters from a team last year that was very young. watch out for blain hashagen has been clocked as high as 89 to 90 on the mound and is a great catcher 1.9 average pop time he hit .392 last year. also watch out for Austin Key hit .414 last year as a freshman and played a great 3rd base

Logan Johnson(HF) is one of the more underrated players in 21-3a.  He made all-state last year, so its hard to consider him underrated, but with Hicks, Statum, and Felts getting all of the pub, Logan will sneak up on some people.  From what I hear, he has had a great fall and has been working hard to add some strength & weight to his 6'5" frame.  Not sure how good HF will be this year, but if they play D, Logan will give them a shot to knock off the big 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Austin keys is good but not as good as your makin him out to be i watched him play during the summer with the heat. The short stop from tarkington ryan smelley i also seen him play during the summer with the angels he is pretty dang good he is a sophmore and will be the best defensive short stop in 22 3a hands down but those two are pretty good sophmores in 22 3a.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="721509" timestamp="1259683680"]
Logan Johnson(HF) is one of the more underrated players in 21-3a.  He made all-state last year, so its hard to consider him underrated, but with Hicks, Statum, and Felts getting all of the pub, Logan will sneak up on some people.  From what I hear, he has had a great fall and has been working hard to add some strength & weight to his 6'5" frame.  Not sure how good HF will be this year, but if they play D, Logan will give them a shot to knock off the big 2.
[/quote]

how can you be underrated and make all-state?
???

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="721357" timestamp="1259647553"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=63160.msg721309#msg721309 date=1259643104]

This is just my opinion
[/quote]

Huffman will runaway with district again they lose only 3 starters from a team last year that was very young. watch out for blain hashagen has been clocked as high as 89 to 90 on the mound and is a great catcher 1.9 average pop time he hit .392 last year. also watch out for Austin Key hit .414 last year as a freshman and played a great 3rd base
[/quote]

Hashagen is a lefty isn't he ?

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="731408" timestamp="1260981605"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=63160.msg721357#msg721357 date=1259647553]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=63160.msg721309#msg721309 date=1259643104]

This is just my opinion
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hashagen is a lefty isn't he ?
[/quote]

Nope eagle he is a righty

[quote name="torbush" post="734081" timestamp="1261447757"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63160.msg732163#msg732163 date=1261071615]
Ty Parker-C
Parker Phillips-P
Colton Burlseon-utility
Clayton Hart-1B
all from jasper
[/quote]

No Tyler Ernest? Sam Alvis?
[/quote]
Them too give me a break torbush im not from Jasper I only watch them my baseball team is nothing to brag about so I pull for the dawgs during the baseball season

I believe [b]Darnall[/b] from WOS will break out this year.
if he stays healthy...injuries bugged him his first two years, and he still made all-district each year.

Also, some people overlook ofield's new guy, [b]Huckabay[/b].
If i'm not mistaken, he was offensive mvp in his previous district. Watch out for him. If they get 3 big bats going at once, they'll be hard to stop.

And from BC, with Kellogg gone, little Dishon will have the opportunity to prove himself.

Keep your eyes open southeast Texas, this area has talent.

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="731203" timestamp="1260939895"]
Austin keys is good but not as good as your makin him out to be i watched him play during the summer with the heat. The short stop from tarkington ryan smelley i also seen him play during the summer with the angels he is pretty dang good he is a sophmore and will be the best defensive short stop in 22 3a hands down but those two are pretty good sophmores in 22 3a.
[/quote]

Seriously Better than Deberry who was all-district SS as a sophomore I really doubt it........and Key may not be as good as they are making him out to be but he is good and will be a prospect in 2 years when he is a Sr.  The kid has a CANNON!!  I am taking anything away from Smelley but to beat out Deberry he better be pretty impressive, but you never know with a new coach over there, that could help or hurt him during the season. 

BC has the best Sophomore Catcher maybe in the state in Menard......Look for several Pitchers to shine besides Hicks--Dishon, Zoch, and several others.

What a matchup-- position to position--with OF: maybe that is where the real State Championship is decided, like it was a few years back between Jasper and BC....lol

[quote name="East TX" post="737134" timestamp="1262325245"]
BC has the best Sophomore Catcher maybe in the state in Menard......Look for several Pitchers to shine besides Hicks--Dishon, Zoch, and several others.

What a matchup-- position to position--with OF: maybe that is where the real State Championship is decided, like it was a few years back between Jasper and BC....lol
[/quote]

Except Dishon doesn't pitch

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin