Timpson vs. Shiner/Post updates here

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, yepyep said:

Hawley’s D is legit. Shutout 7 of their 10 regular season opponents. But Shiner is a different animal. Hope it will be a good game.

Hawley was good back when I lived in the Abilene area, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they beat Shiner. 

But i'm picking Shiner next week though. 

Marlin flubbed this away by poor management. Being an experienced playoff team AND coaching staff is so important. Hawley happily controlled the clock and had the ball 70 percent of the time even without their best running back who was hurt last week. When Marlin had the ball, their indoctrination to a 1 back pass happy scheme left them with no positive yards and maybe 14 plays in the first half. When they finally figured out in the second half that running in a straight line is the quickest way to the end zone , they dominated. BUT their most highly recruited player, #4 outside lber and versatile receiver Guillette a juinor who has been offered by Ohio St, A M, and Texas only touches the ball ONCE ( the ENTIRE game), you have to say as a fan “ What are y’all doing?”. Sorry for the rant, just my hometown and Ive coached enough to know how some teams coaches can take away a teams potential,  but it’s always low hanging fruit to blame it on those players— in a nice way if course. One day I will write how we destroyed 14.2’s senior year. That was easily the best defense I’ve been around— oh well Go Crosby-North Shore- Katy👍🏻🐻✝️ Would have been tough to beat Shiner, but nice to get there!

3 hours ago, Coachbearoso said:

Marlin flubbed this away by poor management. Being an experienced playoff team AND coaching staff is so important. Hawley happily controlled the clock and had the ball 70 percent of the time even without their best running back who was hurt last week. When Marlin had the ball, their indoctrination to a 1 back pass happy scheme left them with no positive yards and maybe 14 plays in the first half. When they finally figured out in the second half that running in a straight line is the quickest way to the end zone , they dominated. BUT their most highly recruited player, #4 outside lber and versatile receiver Guillette a juinor who has been offered by Ohio St, A M, and Texas only touches the ball ONCE ( the ENTIRE game), you have to say as a fan “ What are y’all doing?”. Sorry for the rant, just my hometown and Ive coached enough to know how some teams coaches can take away a teams potential,  but it’s always low hanging fruit to blame it on those players— in a nice way if course. One day I will write how we destroyed 14.2’s senior year. That was easily the best defense I’ve been around— oh well Go Crosby-North Shore- Katy👍🏻🐻✝️ Would have been tough to beat Shiner, but nice to get there!

Can’t wait to hear that story. I moved away from the area during his High school days