Silsbee 76 Hardin-Jefferson 71/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I think Steve Nash and I are saying the exact same thing in a little different terminology. 20/20 from the line is as impressive as I’ve seen at any level. I hate to reduce a game like this to one or two things but the 7 point swing and the momentum it stemmed was critical. Missed FT’s by the Hawks was also critical. 

I stand corrected ( at least partially)  I thought the technical arose after a jump ball had been called.  Didnt realize it was bush who had been fouled.  At the same time, the extra five points generated with virtually no time being taken off the clock makes a substantial difference.  Those "5 bonus" points that were scored?  How long would it have taken Silsbee to generate those same 5 points via conventional possessions and what would HJ have generated when it was "their turn" during the period it took for Silsbee to generate the 5 points via conventional possessions?

40 minutes ago, whsalum said:

The starter that was injured last night was different from the one that has been injured. 

Didn’t realize that but you could tell after he hurt it and especially in the second half while he was in he just didn’t have any push off of it.  Was more of a liability than an asset at that point.  

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

I stand corrected ( at least partially)  I thought the technical arose after a jump ball had been called.  Didnt realize it was bush who had been fouled.  At the same time, the extra five points generated with virtually no time being taken off the clock makes a substantial difference.  Those "5 bonus" points that were scored?  How long would it have taken Silsbee to generate those same 5 points via conventional possessions and what would HJ have generated when it was "their turn" during the period it took for Silsbee to generate the 5 points via conventional possessions?

Yes sir the total points generated were 7 with the 4 FT’s and the 3 pointer. I gotta think the Hawks would have scored, they were in an offensive groove at the time. 

19 hours ago, stevenash said:

Thats a Good question, one of those ifs we'll never know.  It may not have happened in the half and yet i have seen Brae knock down a three steel the inbounds and knock down another shot in probably less than 5 seconds on more than one occasion.  Big thing about 5 pts. Is that the winning margin was just that.  And without those 5 we wouldnt have reached that OT....another iF 

On 2/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, BADSANTA said:

100% agree. There should be no Dallas or Houston schools in 4A or below. 

Yup, been saying this for years.  4a schools in both cities with player pools larger than the entire towns’ populations of the 4A schools they play.  Silsbee and HJ would have a shot of meeting at regionals.  

edit: sorry, AAW, responded to this before I read further into the thread.  

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

Thats a Good question, one of those ifs we'll never know.  It may not have happened in the half and yet i have seen Brae knock down a three steel the inbounds and knock down another shot in probably less than 5 seconds on more than one occasion.  Big thing about 5 pts. Is that the winning margin was just that.  And without those 5 we wouldnt have reached that OT....another iF 

Without the tech, the entire complexion of the remainder of the game would have likely been quite different.

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Without the tech, the entire complexion of the remainder of the game would have likely been quite different.

Just curious... in higher levels in a situation like this where a foul occurs and then a tech, doesn’t the team shoot two free throws and then the free throws from the foul become their extra possession?  I’m almost positive it’s that way in the nba, can’t remember with college.  It just seems like allowing them tech free throws, then foul free throws, then the ball is excessive.  

32 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Just curious... in higher levels in a situation like this where a foul occurs and then a tech, doesn’t the team shoot two free throws and then the free throws from the foul become their extra possession?  I’m almost positive it’s that way in the nba, can’t remember with college.  It just seems like allowing them tech free throws, then foul free throws, then the ball is excessive.  

Not sure but  that is the severe part of getting a tech.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Yup, been saying this for years.  4a schools in both cities with player pools larger than the entire towns’ populations of the 4A schools they play.  Silsbee and HJ would have a shot of meeting at regionals.  

edit: sorry, AAW, responded to this before I read further into the thread.  

Hey HJ & Silsbee can meet in the Regional Finals if they get hot and the ball bounce their way in a few games.  Both teams have good X’s and O’s Coaches that can win with the team they currently have. 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Not a chance. The Jack Yates Lakers will win it all. Wise recruited well.

You might be right, but I recall last year when The 2X Champs Silsbee Tigers we’re picked to beat Yates in The Regional Finals. If I remember several individuals had the Tigers winning big in that particular game. Anything can happen 

33 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

You might be right, but I recall last year when The 2X Champs Silsbee Tigers we’re picked to beat Yates in The Regional Finals. If I remember several individuals had the Tigers winning big in that particular game. Anything can happen 

Yates just wore us out last year. Yates was alot deeper on players 6-9. 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 12:41 PM, stevenash said:

It seems like a HUGE deal to me.   If the HJ player keeps his mouth shut, Silsbee does not get the equivalent of three extra possessions to which  HJ did not get to respond.   Possession 1 equivalent is two made free throws    Possession 2 equivalent is another two made free throw   Possession three equivalent is the out of bounds after the free throws that produced a three pointer.  From my perspective, three extra possessions producing 7 points is a very big deal.  The difference is HJ lost a possession they had earned by being fouled and giving up three free possessions for the technical.

It wasn't his mouth that got him the T, it was throwing the ball back at Silsbee player after the whistle for the foul.

22 hours ago, bullets13 said:

In the NCAA, you shoot the 2 FT for T, then shoot the 2 FT for shooting foul with a live lane