Status of Games Next Week

oldman

For a lot of schools, it appears that they will be returning to school sometime next week so hopefully it is not as big a problem as it was for Harvey.

However, for some, it will be an issue such as East Chambers and Vidor, who got hit hard and it is an even bigger issue as district play starts for those schools next weekend.  I am sure there will be some DEC meetings and we should have some answers early in the week.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

For a lot of schools, it appears that they will be returning to school sometime next week so hopefully it is not as big a problem as it was for Harvey.

However, for some, it will be an issue such as East Chambers and Vidor, who got hit hard and it is an even bigger issue as district play starts for those schools next weekend.  I am sure there will be some DEC meetings and we should have some answers early in the week.

From what I have been told, EC will have school Monday and their game Friday vs. Woodville is a go.

40 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Cool.  I wonder about Vidor though.  They may have to start district late and have the district seek a waiver of the 5 day rule.

One year after a hurricane, I think they had to start district late and play a game every 5 or 6 days to get back on track for playoffs. Do you remember when that was?

Guest ECBucFan
16 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From what I have been told, EC will have school Monday and their game Friday vs. Woodville is a go.

EC will play. Winnie was hit harder this time than when Harvey hit us. My house did not flood in Harvey, but it did this time. BTW, sad news to pass on, but the Texas Rice Festival is oficially CANCELLED. If anyone had already bought advance tickets, hold on to them, they will be honored next year. The TRF will return bigger and better than ever next year.     

24 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

EC will play. Winnie was hit harder this time than when Harvey hit us. My house did not flood in Harvey, but it did this time. BTW, sad news to pass on, but the Texas Rice Festival is oficially CANCELLED. If anyone had already bought advance tickets, hold on to them, they will be honored next year. The TRF will return bigger and better than ever next year.     

Yes. I posted that news down in Locker Room Forum.