Jasper 2 Carthage1/Final/Jasper wins series 1-0

3 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

I don't think jasper would be willing to give LCM home field advantage. Unless LCM wins coin toss. 

I think Griff brings a 2 headed coin sometimes then gets to call it in the air. 

I believe both coaches wanted to play 1 gamers this series.  Does either change their mind with the new matchup?

6 hours ago, j_dog said:

Jasper has a nicer stadium!  No kidding!

I agree. Jasper has a nice stadium. I enjoyed playing there. I really don't think it will fit LCM and Jasper fans at one time if we played y'all at home. We bring a large crowd. I did speak to some Jasper fans that were rooting for us to beat Silsbee. I'm assuming y'all have some type of rivalry between each other the way they spoke.

Congrats to the Jasper coaches and the Jasper Bulldog players from the Hawks.  I went to this game last night and left with one thing that I could not get off my mind. Carthage had the leadoff batter on several times. I cannot understand why they did not bunt. (accept for couple attempts with number 2 that got ONE down) They just stood in there and tried to hit a somewhat dominant pitcher. I know Coach Kirkland's style from his days over here and felt that had he been in the other dugout, Carthage possibly wins the game which shows the respect we have for him over here. 

5 hours ago, LCM17 said:

I agree. Jasper has a nice stadium. I enjoyed playing there. I really don't think it will fit LCM and Jasper fans at one time if we played y'all at home. We bring a large crowd. I did speak to some Jasper fans that were rooting for us to beat Silsbee. I'm assuming y'all have some type of rivalry between each other the way they spoke.

You are right about the number of fans.  It appeared yesterday that Joaquin and Lovelady pretty much filled the stands.  LCM and Jasper would overflow the place.  But If LCM wants to do home and home.......

4 hours ago, hawkeye07 said:

Congrats to the Jasper coaches and the Jasper Bulldog players from the Hawks.  I went to this game last night and left with one thing that I could not get off my mind. Carthage had the leadoff batter on several times. I cannot understand why they did not bunt. (accept for couple attempts with number 2 that got ONE down) They just stood in there and tried to hit a somewhat dominant pitcher. I know Coach Kirkland's style from his days over here and felt that had he been in the other dugout, Carthage possibly wins the game which shows the respect we have for him over here. 

Great game last night.

Carthage's pitcher made one mistake and that HR was a bomb. I know from the end of last year and their game 3 loss to WOS in the semis to now Carthage felt that this was about to be their year.  They were returning their entire team from that WOS series. 

They had their chances but McMillan was just too dominate. He is a beast.

Great game go Dogs!

23 hours ago, jeffcoat said:

Great game last night.

Carthage's pitcher made one mistake and that HR was a bomb. I know from the end of last year and their game 3 loss to WOS in the semis to now Carthage felt that this was about to be their year.  They were returning their entire team from that WOS series. 

They had their chances but McMillan was just too dominate. He is a beast.

Great game go Dogs!

Several starters, but not entire team. LOL

Saw them last year in the Regional Semi Finals beat WOS in Kilgore , and then WOS beat em twice in Lake Charles. At the time their radio guy said it was one of the youngest teams they had had.

Then in a tournament back in Kilgore this year I heard from their fans that they returned all of their pitching, their entire infield and 2/3 of their outfield. 

That's a huge accomplishment for the Jasper bunch. How far did that HR travel 410+ft, 12 K's, McMillan is a beast.