Center Coach resigns

AggiesAreWe

15 hours ago, LOUD and Proud said:

Not sure there is a such thing as unrealistic expectation with the kid of athletes they have in Center.

Agreed. Center has a long rich history of champ...., never mind. 

7 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Have you seen the kids in Center?

I have seen them from the inside and out. They have some good athletes but not much different than the competition to whom they fall. The competition that have less athletes are generally been beaten by Center. There have not been many years that Center made the playoffs consecutive years. Many coaches have been through Center and done less.  

All of the schools that beat them this year have equal or better talent. 

14 hours ago, 89falcon said:

I have seen them from the inside and out. They have some good athletes but not much different than the competition to whom they fall. The competition that have less athletes are generally been beaten by Center. There have not been many years that Center made the playoffs consecutive years. Many coaches have been through Center and done less.  

All of the schools that beat them this year have equal or better talent. 

You are telling me Liberty was as talented as Center?

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Talented - Yes.  Did Center have two athletes faster than anyone from Liberty and could run circles around anyone from Liberty? Also, yes. But, that's not this thing works.  Center was small and weak up front and could not get a stop at any point in the game that mattered. It would have been worse, but Center has an above average KICKER that made it very interesting.  But, to your point, no Center is not more talented than any of the teams they lost to this year.  Athletic in some positions, yes by far.

15 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

Talented - Yes.  Did Center have two athletes faster than anyone from Liberty and could run circles around anyone from Liberty? Also, yes. But, that's not this thing works.  Center was small and weak up front and could not get a stop at any point in the game that mattered. It would have been worse, but Center has an above average KICKER that made it very interesting.  But, to your point, no Center is not more talented than any of the teams they lost to this year.  Athletic in some positions, yes by far.

I guess your definition of talent and mine are different.

What I hear you saying is that Liberty was stronger and better prepared. That is not talent to me. That is preparation, coaching and a mind set that is developed by the coach.

I thought Liberty had a great chance to win because of those things.

28 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I guess your definition of talent and mine are different.

What I hear you saying is that Liberty was stronger and better prepared. That is not talent to me. That is preparation, coaching and a mind set that is developed by the coach.

I thought Liberty had a great chance to win because of those things.

Stronger = Talent 

Did Center get out-coached? Maybe, I don't know.

It looked like to me, they just got out played physically.

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

That is what I am telling you. Center may have had a player in a particular position better than Liberty and vice versa. On a year in, year out basis Liberty has EVERY bit the talent/speed of Center. Center is a historically mediocre program and MANY coaches have had far worse results than the current regime.

It is possible that Center could put things together at some point with an exceptional group and make a decent run but no one will confuse them with the super talent schools of the region. They have also benefited by periodically enticing players from San Augustine to artificially bolster their ranks.   

10 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

It takes ZERO talent to be STRONG.

All it takes to become strong is a commitment to hard work in the weight room.

LOL. Might want to spend some time coaching offseason and powerlfiting if you believe that strength has no relation to talent. Kids get "stronger" by commitment but will get no farther than their genetic ability will take them. Size, speed, strength and coordination are all various attributes to "talent".

6 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

LOL. Might want to spend some time coaching offseason and powerlfiting if you believe that strength has no relation to talent. Kids get "stronger" by commitment but will get no farther than their genetic ability will take them. Size, speed, strength and coordination are all various attributes to "talent".

Talent is a skill set.

Strength is a mind set.

Both can be taught or "coached" but the skill set is more inherent than the mid set.

8 minutes ago, 89falcon said:

Some kids are inherently talented, and from what I have seen, Center has more than their far share of talented kids.