##1 Silsbee vs #5 Dallas Carter for 4A State Championship

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I'l take Silsbee 

87-80

I think that’s about right.  I think this is probably the best 2 teams in the state playing for it all.  I think there were a couple of teams from that region who would have beaten Yates due to the Lions’ system.  This should be strength on strength. I expect it to be close and hopefully the Tigers pull away in the end.  Carter kids were saying they wanted silsbee.  Be careful what you wish for...

Certainly hoping for a Silsbee win.

Carter is a really good shooting team from what I gather. Silsbee played a really good shooting team the first game of the year and barely lost. I'd like to think we're a lot better now than we were for that game. They don't seem to have any real giants on their team like the two that lost today did.

I'll take Silsbee by 10.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Certainly hoping for a Silsbee win.

Carter is a really good shooting team from what I gather. Silsbee played a really good shooting team the first game of the year and barely lost. I'd like to think we're a lot better now than we were for that game. They don't seem to have any real giants on their team like two that lost today did.

I'll take Silsbee by 10.

Carter has nothing shooting wise like Concordia!!!! 

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

Yates was better than Carter! But Carter is not a pushover. If they try to run with us, Silsbee wins by 20. If they sprint back to a half court defense. Silsbee wins by 10-15

Carter is definitely a step up from the opponent today.  Silsbee could’ve had a bad game today or gotten into foul trouble and still won.  If silsbee has a bad game against carter, they could definitely lose.  I still definitely expect them to pull it out, but carter is a really solid team.

Not this year, no. Carter played some close games with Wilmer-Hutchins this year. They lost to them once by 13 points.

Silsbee had their way with Wilmer-Hutchins a year ago in the Dallas tournament. WH might be a lot better than they were back then, I don't know.

That's about as common as it gets.

EDIT: Actually it was last year they played WH. Also forgot about Center.

Carter shoots very very very well from the outside. They hit 12 three pointers yesterday at shot like 65% from the field. Silsbee will need to close out on them and make them shoot bad shots. Defense, defense, defense, will get it done Tigers!!!! Crash those boards and make free throws!!! 

Carter will get their 3’s.  Fabulous shooting.  But the Tigers are on another level right now.  Call it schoolyard if you like but I call it improvisational brilliance.  If they have that going at a given moment it’s a real thing of beauty.  If you’ll excuse the hokey metaphor, it’s like a tiger stalking in the jungle waiting to pounce.

One thing for sure, the Tigers would have put Seminole away a lot sooner than Carter did.  Any objective observer who was there yesterday would agree with that.  That may not mean anything, but it’s true.  The 19 point win over Somerset was 19 because Coach Sig wanted it that way.

My bruh n law is a Carter alum.  He loves to play pick up basketball, but he never talks about Carter.  This came as a surprise to him & everybody.  But it is here and it is real.  When Lincoln beat Duncanville by 11 I think, the same Duncanville that put up a 30 piece on the Silsbee Tigers, I thought for sure it would be Lincoln coming out of reg 2.  During the season Carter was making noise, but I was waiting to see what they would do with Lincoln. Sure enough Lincoln won, then beat them again in district.  But it is hard to be a good team three times in a season.  Silsbee is playing good ball right now.  It should be a good game.