F-Bombs Now on Cable

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

Well, had to erase most of the link.  Had a F-bomb in it.  Readers Digest version, Sci Fy & USA are now using them.  Only surprise to me is that it took this long.  I'm sure nudity isn't far behind.  Some sex scenes are pretty graphic without the nudity.  I don't consider myself a prude, but I don't think this is a good idea.  But that's jmo.  

PS;. On reflection, things have changed so much, now, I may be a prude.

Cable TV is getting worse all the time.  It's very hard to sit down and watch a program as a family.  It seems like every show is full of killing, cussing and sex.  I enjoy movies and understand that some situations are more realistic with "bad language" in them. (See all war movies.  If someone is shooting at me or if a bomb goes off, I'm not going to say, darn)  The problem I have is these types of shows used to come on late in the evening when most children are in bed or are not watching.  Now days, you can see killing, cussing and sex at all times of the day.  Whatever happened to shows like The Dukes of Hazzard, The Cosby Show, Good Times and The Andy Griffith Show?  What about Sanford and Son?  Where did Happy Days and Cheers go?

Back to the Simon & Garfunkle song, "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you".  My best guess, it's a lot easier to do the funny stuff with vulgarity and sexual innuendos.  But even with those things, they're hard pressed to match the old shows you mentioned.  But that's the opinion of an old man who can't grasp how folks act now.

• 3 weeks later...