Nederland 41 Beaumont West Brook 57/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Back on basketball credibility...  You don't have much credibility when you idolize Kobe Bryant, who held the team hostage for 10 years and rode Shaq coat tail to win.  *wink*

Aww man this is fun first off I don’t idolize any one but my savior. I’m a fan not a Stan as yourself .and say what you want about Kobe well men lie,woman lie but numbers don’t . You need anymore Soulja since we talkng credibility here if this is hostage well dang it idk what is

5× NBA champion (2000–2002, 2009, 2010)

2× NBA Finals MVP (2009, 2010)

NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)

18× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2016)

4× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)

11× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2013)

2× All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2001)

2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)

9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003, 2004, 2006–2011)

3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2001, 2002, 2012)

2× NBA scoring champion (2006, 2007)

NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997)

NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)

Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996

Edited by BlkMamba24

7 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Aww man this is fun first off I don’t idolize any one but my savior. I’m a fan not a Stan as yourself .and say what you want about Kobe well men lie,woman lie but numbers don’t . You need anymore Soulja since we talkng credibility here if this is hostage well dang it idk what is

5× NBA champion (2000–2002, 2009, 2010)

2× NBA Finals MVP (2009, 2010)

NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)

18× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2016)

4× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)

11× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2013)

2× All-NBA Second Team (2000, 2001)

2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)

9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003, 2004, 2006–2011)

3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2001, 2002, 2012)

2× NBA scoring champion (2006, 2007)

NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997)

NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)

Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996

Nice use of google online search.  

And context clues clearly point that when I said idolize, we were talking strictly NBA as your aviator shows Kobe.

And the shot at Kobe was a jab.  I actually like Kobe.  

10 minutes ago, whsalum said:

There should be no hating on this young man. All eyes are on him and he knows it yet he just goes ahead and plays the game.I can see why college coaches are high on him, he has a great shot and will probably bulk up over the next few years. He is special!! 

It’s all potential he will keep getting better this is just a 16 year old kid he want play good every night that game Is over prepare yourself for the next and be better would be my words to the kiddo

4 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I hate when ppl come for kids. This isn’t  your first time making snide remarks Soulja your not around these kids kids enough to even try and make an assumption about if he is good enough . What college coaches have you spoken with ,how many in your contacts I’m guessing  ZERO.im no expert either but I do talk to coaches a lot of them & have a bunch in my contacts . If you knew anything  about the game it’s always about upside. Quentin Grimes was not even close to where he is now as a fresh or soph. But it’s called development and that’s something you know nothing about obviously. In his class he has to be top 50 in the state of Texas and based on POTENTIAL  he could get to 6’6 -6’8  wing type which would put his recruitment on a whole other level.  Stop comparing summer ball to Hs ball they are like strawberries and grapes. Summer ball is about what you will play on the next level Hs ball is about what your teams needs you to in ordee to win .  STAY IN YO LANE !!!!! 

And boom goes the dynamite!

(I’m out of likes by the way.)

I KNEW there was going to be comments about points (or lack thereof) in this thread by a certain poster.   Because to the casual observer, that’s all they look at.  Ironically, I woke up this morning and saw on my FB feed one of my friends from the Brook raving about Hefner.   Last night was the first time he’d seen him play and was extremely impressed.  On a night he had but 7 points.   Why?  Because he’s been around the game for over 40 years and realizes that scoring is only ONE of many facets to the game.  And Mamba will tell you the same thing - often the best PLAYERS don’t score the most points...

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I KNEW there was going to be comments about points (or lack thereof) in this thread by a certain poster.   Because to the casual observer, that’s all they look at.  Ironically, I woke up this morning and saw on my FB feed one of my friends from the Brook raving about Hefner.   Last night was the first time he’d seen him play and was extremely impressed.  On a night he had but 7 points.   Why?  Because he’s been around the game for over 40 years and realizes that scoring is only ONE of many facets to the game.  And Mamba will tell you the same thing - often the best PLAYERS don’t score the most points...

+10

29 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Yep.  And that's why I said I can't wait to see him myself against the big 3.  I want to be able to talk him up.  I have mentioned That in previous posts.

48 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Saw the same post about this kid on Facebook this morning. Very impressive when people talk this highly of his potential after a first impression.

I was at this game last night. Yes, it had it's frustrating moments, but in the long run I think this was a good game for our DOGS to come away with some things to improve on before starting district play.  Congrats to West Brook on the win and they should have a good season.  As far as Hefner, the kid doesn't disappoint ... real joy to watch.  

10 minutes ago, Michele said:

I was at this game last night. Yes, it had it's frustrating moments, but in the long run I think this was a good game for our DOGS to come away with some things to improve on before starting district play.  Congrats to West Brook on the win and they should have a good season.  As far as Hefner, the kid doesn't disappoint ... real joy to watch.  

If you have young children who are aspiring ball players, bring them to the game, have them watch how he plays. He is going to be something special for many years to come.

27 minutes ago, jake94 said:

In a couple years, there will be more than one Hefner shining on the Bulldog team. I heard his little bro(who isn’t so little) is gonna be a really good one as well...

Saw his little brother play for the first time last weekend.  Looks like he may end up being bigger (height and size).  And I was impressed.  He’s definitely going to be a good one for the Dogs as well. 

To give you an idea, the best two players in this video for IMG (Simmons and Ayala) I have watched for the past 3 years on the UAA and the big man (#34) for Montverde played for same organization as Hefner.  But the main reason I’m posting this video is the Asian LeBron kid playing for MV.  Never seen him before but goodness gracious that kid can play!

This is the hidden content, please

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect most AAU teams are full of good (elite) players.  Most HS teams, on the other hand, are lucky to have 1 or 2 players of that caliber.  I would think it would be easier to guard a player like Hefner if he's the main "star".  If all of Ned's team was as good as him, I suspect he would have had more opportunities to increase his point totals. Plus, when I saw him play, I saw several times when he could have scored but passed off for an assist.  He won my admiration because I extremely dislike watching a player who plays for himself and not the team.

8 hours ago, REBgp said:

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect most AAU teams are full of good (elite) players.  Most HS teams, on the other hand, are lucky to have 1 or 2 players of that caliber.  I would think it would be easier to guard a player like Hefner if he's the main "star".  If all of Ned's team was as good as him, I suspect he would have had more opportunities to increase his point totals. Plus, when I saw him play, I saw several times when he could have scored but passed off for an assist.  He won my admiration because I extremely dislike watching a player who plays for himself and not the team.

Supposedly, I asked if he's comparable to C. Weisbrod (as far as production) , who  is probably Nederland's best all-time player.  I didn't get a definite answer.  

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Most AAU/Summer Teams ARE NOT full of elite players. There are so many teams out there , everybody is spread out now. You will see the majority of your so-called elite players on summer teams in the shoe sponsored summer tournaments. 

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Most AAU/Summer Teams ARE NOT full of elite players. There are so many teams out there , everybody is spread out now. You will see the majority of your so-called elite players on summer teams in the shoe sponsored summer tournaments. 

Thanks for the clarification.  When my kids were growing up, none of this select ball, AAU, ETC, didn't exist (to my knowledge).  After my kids grad (87-91) I only kept up w/HS football from a distance.  Still remember my initial epiphany of all this.  G'son was playing LL in Evadale, and we went to play Vidor.  Imagine my surprise when I saw how bad they were.  I'm thinking, this is ridiculous.  Ask a friend from Vidor, what's up?  This can't be your best.  He told me all the best were playing Select Ball.  He then brought me out of my time capsule.  Even six years later, it's a bit overwhelming.  Almost like the fun of sports as a youth has turned into a business.  And some of the parents - don't get me started lol.

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Supposedly, I asked if he's comparable to C. Weisbrod (as far as production) , who  is probably Nederland's best all-time player.  I didn't get a definite answer.  

Thats not a good question because the kid still have 2 more years but as a sophomore to sophomore I would think so 

Obviously he would have to finish his sophomore year to see how they compare  to each other after 2 years of high school ball. 

Hefner started as a freshman and Weisbrod didn't, does that make Hefner better? Of course it doesn't. Just like if Hefner doesn't win offensive player of the year this year doesn't make Weisbrod better than Hefner. 

22 minutes ago, team first said:

Obviously he would have to finish his sophomore year to see how they compare after to each other after 2 years of high school ball. 

Hefner started as a freshman and Weisbrod didn't, does that make Hefner better? Of course it doesn't. Just like if Hefner doesn't win offensive player of the year this year doesn't make Weisbrod better than Hefner. 

Well said!!!