2017 Texas High School Jamboree

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Current ADMs:  Atascocita  - approx 3500

Silsbee - 784

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Silsbee - 784

Ummmh Silsbee is an exceptional basketball team ..so quit using that excuse when you lose  ..when ur exceptional and playing vs exceptional teams the enrollment or football excuse goes of the window 

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Silsbee - 784

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Dude a school with 3500 students is almost 5x the size of 784 in Silsbee. Silsbee was short handed and that's facts bro. A full Tiger team beats Atascocita by 8

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Silsbee with only 5 will be varsity players playing right now unless someone else plays there way on, 3 starters. 7 still playing football.

So ur saying that none of Atascocita’s  key basketball  players are playing football ? 

4 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

So ur saying that none of Atascocita’s  key basketball  players are playing football ? 

Then, serious question.

Please let us know who are the key Eagle players who are still playing football?  I know that there are at least 8-10 people here who want to know. (Seriously)

And when you are an EXCEPTIONAL basketball team   enrollment Should not be an excuse..if that’s the case then just say before the game starts we are in over our heads.. nobody from Silsbee said that .. however I did see people say that Atascocita was not that good .. kill the excuses please  ..in 6a you have schools with 2,500 students beating schools with 4K plus all the time ...now in football it’s a different story ..the advantage small town teams have over big city schools are that the kids know what High school they re going to ..teams stay the same from middle  all the way through high school 

59 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

And when you are an EXCEPTIONAL basketball team   enrollment Should not be an excuse..if that’s the case then just say before the game starts we are in over our heads.. nobody from Silsbee said that .. however I did see people say that Atascocita was not that good .. kill the excuses please  ..in 6a you have schools with 2,500 students beating schools with 4K plus all the time ...now in football it’s a different story ..the advantage small town teams have over big city schools are that the kids know what High school they re going to ..teams stay the same from middle  all the way through high school 

I am awaiting an answer to my question which, if answered, may stem some of your complaints above.

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Silsbee would be a 20 pt favorite over Atascocita (at least) with full squads.  And Atascocita has more than 4 of their regular players playing right now, don’t tell me they don’t.  They lost to Lamar (who is good) who lost pretty convincingly to Memorial.  Memorial and full Silsbee squads are pretty close.  

Btw# 2 from memorial jumps out of the gym . so ur telling me that Silsbee has not in the past beat good teams while missing basketball players? U can’t have it both ways !!! Which way do y’all want it ?  Is it low enrollment or missing players ? Which ever way it’s a loss , didn’t yesterday someone said that Silsbee  would beat Atascocita with what they had ???

21 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Btw# 2 from memorial jumps out of the gym . so ur telling me that Silsbee has not in the past beat good teams while missing basketball players? U can’t have it both ways !!! Which way do y’all want it ?  Is it low enrollment or missing players ? Which ever way it’s a loss , didn’t yesterday someone said that Silsbee  would beat Atascocita with what they had ???

This year they have more than usual missing.  Probably 4 that will regularly rotate once football guys get there.  7 or 8 from football.  They just can’t compete with a full team at a fast pace.  

Agree on memorial.  #2 is a transfer that can really play.  And the sophomore big is a beast.  

1 hour ago, bayou city 713 said:

Silsbee has to play with what they have right now. It always works out at the end of the season. The team Atascosita beat was down 2 starters and the first 2to 3 off the bench. That’s pretty significant. Not taking anything away from Atascocita...they are ranked #2 on this site. Although I believe Memorial should probably be #1 right now. 

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

Final Tompkins 77 PA Memorial 68

Doesn’t really shock me.  Tompkins is one of those teams that is loaded but has trouble putting it together at times.  But they did win the McDonald’s tournament.  But when you have starters that have signed with OU, GA Tech, and others that will go D1, they should be more so consistent.