Realignment

oldschool2

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, L-Train11 said:

1706.5?? Where’s the other half at? Lol

My guess is that NC probably had a odd number of seniors who only needed a couple credits to graduate, so they went to class less than 4 hours a day.

A. Enrollment Calculation Formulas
1. Fulltime students, students receiving an average of four (4) hours or more of instruction
per day, shall be counted as one (1) student each. Students attending school less than
fulltime, students receiving less than four (4) hours of instruction per day, shall be counted
as a half (1/2) student each.

4 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

My guess is that NC probably had a odd number of seniors who only needed a couple credits to graduate, so they went to class less than 4 hours a day.

A. Enrollment Calculation Formulas
1. Fulltime students, students receiving an average of four (4) hours or more of instruction
per day, shall be counted as one (1) student each. Students attending school less than
fulltime, students receiving less than four (4) hours of instruction per day, shall be counted
as a half (1/2) student each.

Wow I didn’t know that. Thanks for explaining.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Smh...Sad too.  Some of these kids on this team are close to me and I give them wise words when I see them.  Dropping down would be better...

Had a conversation with an administrator tonight at the Central vs Ozen volleyball, according to them, they will be dropping down.

2 things:

1.  It would be nice if the UIL could wait to count after the xmas break.  Get a better acessment for all ISD's affected by Harvey.  The annual re-districting can wait for a month or two

2.  It would be nice if BISD would eliminate centralized magnet programs and put them in all middle schools, give up on intergration per se, and go to hard MS zoning.  Then, Ozen can increase their numbers and go back to 5A in 2 years if BISD acts now....

7 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Would WOS add or drop any from their district? How is that one shaping up? With only 5 teams in the district they need to add another to help with scheduling non-district. This applies to all districts with only 5 teams. 

I’m betting that 5 and even 6 team districts are gonna be a thing of the past.