H-F vs Buna

BelichikYoSelf

On 9/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, Everythingfootball#62 said:

if hamshire could ever play some defense that would be something . i would love too see them have an air attack to go along with the rushing attack of t white 

Just curious as to what is wrong with HF defense? I guess being 1-1 means you scrap the whole defense and start over? I am assuming since you are Everythingfootball that you would know when team is primarily based out of a wing-t they tend to be run heavy. Don't need to throw the ball to win state championships (Liberty Hill, East Bernard, Refugio, Crawford).  H-F has some size and speed in the right places to have a good year. 

25 minutes ago, illburhcklbry said:

Just curious as to what is wrong with HF defense? I guess being 1-1 means you scrap the whole defense and start over? I am assuming since you are Everythingfootball that you would know when team is primarily based out of a wing-t they tend to be run heavy. Don't need to throw the ball to win state championships (Liberty Hill, East Bernard, Refugio, Crawford).  H-F has some size and speed in the right places to have a good year. 

Maybe it's the fact they have given up 72 points in 2 games (36 per game)? 44 to a team that just got shut out by a PN-G team that many say have a somewhat weak defense.

No one saying scrap it, just improve it.

23 minutes ago, illburhcklbry said:

I can tell you are going to be a a lot of fun in a few weeks.

3 hours ago, illburhcklbry said:

did you  just ask me whats wrong with hf's defense ? in 2 games they have given up 72 points , that is 36 a game and that is not good , not even in this era of poor defensive play . they can run the ball all they want that is good ,but what is wrong with passing the ball in this era of time,  if you have the people that can do it . no you dont need to throw the ball to win a state championship but you damn well better be able to stop someone !!! WOS had a very good passing attack for 3 years with a good running game , but they had a stingy defense which is why they are in it every year . if they start stacking the box on white then what will they do , can they throw ? whats wrong with being prolific at both and playing defense ?  its just my opinion and i have a right too one , plus im an hf alumni and want too see them make it to the playoffs and make some noise . they have 2 ranked teams in their district if they can give them a game that would be a good sign . maybe they can pull off what liberty did last year coming out of no where and going 10-3 . hamshirefannettalumnifootballplayers.com

22 minutes ago, GAGE12 said:

I think hf has more weapons than just white / paine, spacek, morris

that is my point you have weapons then use all of them on boths sides of the ball !! 

21 minutes ago, GAGE12 said:

21 minutes ago, GAGE12 said:

4 hours ago, illburhcklbry said:

did you  just ask me whats wrong with hf's defense ? in 2 games they have given up 72 points , that is 36 a game and that is not good , not even in this era of poor defensive play . they can run the ball all they want that is good ,but what is wrong with passing the ball in this era of time,  if you have the people that can do it . no you dont need to throw the ball to win a state championship but you damn well better be able to stop someone !!! WOS had a very good passing attack for 3 years with a good running game , but they had a stingy defense which is why they are in it every year . if they start stacking the box on white then what will they do , can they throw ? whats wrong with being prolific at both and playing defense ?  its just my opinion and i have a right too one , plus im an hf alumni and want too see them make it to the playoffs and make some noise . they have 2 ranked teams in their district if they can give them a game that would be a good sign . maybe they can pull off what liberty did last year coming out of no where and going 10-3 . hamshirefannettalumnifootballplayers.com

the last 2 yrs with king hf didnt have a problem scoring they had/have a problem with stopping people from scoring .  the 15 season with white as a soph he took pressure off of king (extra weapon) they got too area and should have beaten bellville and could have beaten giddons cause they played no defense either  and hamshire could have ended up playing WOS where we knew what the outcome would have been there . my point is defense has to be played and if you have weapons that can at least get you a nice playoff run. they can  possibly pull of what liberty did last year . if your studs have too play both ways then so be it . when was the last time hamshire had weapons at qb , rb wr and a stingy defense and was in the playoffs regularly ? THE 90'S!!!   so i hope they use spacek , paine and morris whom i think can be special along with white too make some noise . but that defense needs their help BIG TIME !!!

16 hours ago, Everythingfootball#62 said:

the last 2 yrs with king hf didnt have a problem scoring they had/have a problem with stopping people from scoring .  the 15 season with white as a soph he took pressure off of king (extra weapon) they got too area and should have beaten bellville and could have beaten giddons cause they played no defense either  and hamshire could have ended up playing WOS where we knew what the outcome would have been there . my point is defense has to be played and if you have weapons that can at least get you a nice playoff run. they can  possibly pull of what liberty did last year . if your studs have too play both ways then so be it . when was the last time hamshire had weapons at qb , rb wr and a stingy defense and was in the playoffs regularly ? THE 90'S!!!   so i hope they use spacek , paine and morris whom i think can be special along with white too make some noise . but that defense needs their help BIG TIME !!!

Well said "Face Man"... 

I hear a lot of chatter about what is wrong and what needs to be fixed. What I am not reading is how to fix it. I am assuming with all the experts on here, someone must have some advice on how to fix the problem. 

I'm just and HF fan on here rooting for my team and talking a little noise. I am not discrediting the other teams I am just stating that I believe my team is better. 

It's been 2 games and they have given up 72 points and now all of a sudden everything is bad.

Get with me in 4 weeks if they continue to get worse and don't win another game, until then just sit back relax, and enjoy the show, be a fan, and root the HORNS on to victory. 

20 hours ago, Everythingfootball#62 said:

9 minutes ago, illburhcklbry said:

I hear a lot of chatter about what is wrong and what needs to be fixed. What I am not reading is how to fix it. I am assuming with all the experts on here, someone must have some advice on how to fix the problem. 

I'm just and HF fan on here rooting for my team and talking a little noise. I am not discrediting the other teams I am just stating that I believe my team is better. 

It's been 2 games and they have given up 72 points and now all of a sudden everything is bad.

Get with me in 4 weeks if they continue to get worse and don't win another game, until then just sit back relax, and enjoy the show, be a fan, and root the HORNS on to victory. 

The question was about the defense, not that HF is a bad team overall.

Unless your offense is going to score 37 points a game, you yourself should want your defense to get better.

21 hours ago, Everythingfootball#62 said:

21 hours ago, Everythingfootball#62 said:

Pay attention smarty pants.  I'm not an everything football guy like yourself, but I am observant enough to see that Spacek, Paine and Morris are all 2 way players.  East Chambers had to resort to trick plays like the hook and ladder and hail marrys to get their offense going.   I saw it several times.  East Chambers could not run the ball on the horns at all.  Horns will be fine moving forward.