Jasper playing Crosby

fishcat

41 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

Well, we ain't putting pressure on anybody.  A lot of guys on this forum somehow think they influence things on the field, sidelines, or coaches office by what they say on these boards.  Illusions of grandeur abound.  

My point, probably not worded well, was that I can only compare my memories of Cotton playing (watched every snap of every game in the stands) to a couple of Howard's games last year and the scrimmages this year.  2 years is a long time to accurately remember Cottons performance and try to compare to another player.  And not taking into account other factors such as offensive line, defense providing good field position.  Howard did win the Newcomer of the year award for the district last year.  He showed something to those guys that vote for that stuff.

Howard wants to pass.  He knows that is his strength.  

And I am not being snarky, but if I polled this thread, lots of folks think this is a cake walk or tune up for Crosby.  Go to MaxPreps and the rankings for the teams are not.  They show Crosby at #300 in the state overall, and Jasper at #156 in the state overall.  Now I get it, rankings aren't worth a hill of beans compared to the scoreboard.  Spare me.  

Did most of us here miss something?

Is there something screwy with the rankings on MaxPreps?

I saw the max preps rankings also.  But you go and see the other rankings they have Crosby in the top 35 in 5A i believe it was THCA may be wrong on the website.  Your absolutely correct when you say no game is ever a cake walk, but we have great coaches that make our players aware of that.  I do know the boys are extremly up for this game especially when they saw the post that was made from wedge.  Thanks wedge for firing our boys up.  Gametime baby.

9 minutes ago, OHANA/Cougars said:

I saw the max preps rankings also.  But you go and see the other rankings they have Crosby in the top 35 in 5A i believe it was THCA may be wrong on the website.  Your absolutely correct when you say no game is ever a cake walk, but we have great coaches that make our players aware of that.  I do know the boys are extremly up for this game especially when they saw the post that was made from wedge.  Thanks wedge for firing our boys up.  Gametime baby.

I am seeing Crosby as #74 in the state on Maxpreps.  

If you read this 

This is the hidden content, please
 it is done by computer.  The cancellation of so many games may be affecting that.  Who knows.  It also rates Carthage as the #5 football team in Region III.  Ahead of Katy, Dickinson, Cedar Park.  

Me thinks it is broken.  

Where can I get BBQ in Jasper?  I love small town BBQ.

7 hours ago, OHANA/Cougars said:

Where are you getting your info on Crosby's line?  You are close but add about 20 to 30 lbs to that average.  Plus you guys forget this line is basically the same line as last year.  not too mention one of them made all-state last year. 

Kind of my point, I didn't have the weights so I didn't respond but on the left side alone with Chase Todd and Danny G I would think averages in the 285-290 range.  

7 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Dare we say great game?  Let's hope the next two are as well, though we are told we have no right to think one of them should be.

That was a great game. Jasper has a big TE. Wish more teams could use a TE. Way under utilized.  It ain't like those type kids are under every rock. 

8 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Finally a Crosby poster with some sense. Cotton was a great QB and Howard has a long way to go to get to that level. Who do you think QB'd the team that made that state semifinal run? It certainly wasn't Howard. To date Howard has won nothing but the hype trophy that is given out each year in Crosby. One place where we would disagree is on the deep ball. While Cotton certainly had his issues in that area, Howard does too. I see him consistently underthrowing open receivers and causing them to have to stop their routes and come back for the ball. Kinda tired of this argument, might just wait until Saturday to talk more.

Cotton was an elite game manager that led by example, he had a bunch of weapons and a nasty defense to compliment him. He was a great runner and solid decision maker, he was a little short on arm strength and I think his height caused some inaccuracy at times when he threw from the pocket due to line of sight issues.

As far as just flat out throwing the football there's really no comparison between the two. The only kid I've ever seen throw the ball like Jaiden is Kellen Haynes who threw for 4,000 plus his senior year and signed with North Texas. Howard's arm talent and belief in his ability causes him to throw the ball into spots other kids normally wouldn't but I think you have to live with that. I'm sure after he picks y'all apart you'll have something to say about a throw he missed to try to prove your point when every single person that has watch pretty much every single game both have played are on here is telling you otherwise.  

6 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Dare we say great game?  Let's hope the next two are as well, though we are told we have no right to think one of them should be.

Jasper varsity better be able to put up points. Crosby offense will have to win games this season until the defense finds an identity, unlike the previous years when the D was solid and IMO was the better of the two.

10 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Tristen Cotton was a great QB. Very accurate from 25 yards in. He struggled getting the ball deeper than that. Tristen's strongest attribute was his leadership. Great kid that the team listened to and respected. 

25 yards in id give Tristen the slight edge (for now). We'll see how the year goes for Jaiden. But on balls 25 yards out, Jaiden is a much better passer than Tristen. I also believe that Jaiden will show to be a more effective runner than Tristen. 

Note that I said that Jaiden was a better pure passer. As of right now, if I had my pick, I'd take Cotton as my QB. But if Jaifen has the year I think he will have my opinion might change. Don't forget that Tristen got to play behind probably the best O-Line in Crosby history. That O-Line made all skill players look good!!!

Yep!  I couldn't agree more. 

5 hours ago, OHANA/Cougars said:

Thanks for proving my point. If it takes a post on a message board from an old man for Crosby to get ready to play, then my point is proven. 

43 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

ahhhhh how refreshing to come home after a long day of work and get this uplifting lmao at the pure make yourself the laughing stock of setx. cause if i am dumb for quoting his/her school website (a source anyone assumes is correct about their own team but apparently/according to 14.2 is wrong. so that means they are dumb.

next he/she is to dumb to understand that the ancient history (the two schools comparison of wins and losses)  aint so ancient because it includes the recent "legit" glory years for the cougars and they still barely make it above .500 (26 games to be exact).

failed research he/she continously brings up..............................how fitting is this  14.2 says 38 wins for jasper  2012-2016. when indeed it is 43. so 1 4.2   get your calculator cause u dont even have to leave this website  go to Goblins legit team histories section at the beginning of this forum and find out what failed research u have done. now i will help u cause he only has up to the 2015 season.  in 2016 we had 10 wins. see if u can get someone to help u figure the rest out.   by the way we also have 3 consecutive district championships.

and to top it off u brought the nfl.    now this is really fun....................................u have an nfl hopefull and 3

starts.   i am lol so much right now as i am going give my 3 classmates alone  ben bronson, john davis, terrence davis  who made it to the nfl.   does some one else want to advise 14.2 of the many others and yes i said many before and after my 3 classmates that our 8000 person town has had play in the nfl?  i wait and see. it not i will take the honor of doing so.

so in short if i am dumb.............................then you are clearly a DUMBAZZ!!!!

Ah man, you getting rubbed too? Laughing stock of SETX, I move the needle on here bro. I think I used the 2010 year when y'all had two wins and missed one of the others, either way it is significantly less wins against weaker competition for a team that's supposed been great since the Jim Crow era. I use Maxpreps and it has y'all at 43. That's what happens trying to rush posts before a 2am meeting. I can admit that, you're wrong and double down on it though. In other words I over-researched it and went back too far looking at what is supposedly this great team that pre-dates women's suffrage.

The point about the NFL and the NCAA players we've signed is asking if it's all hype why do some many recruiters, talent evaluators and pollsters fall for it every year? Not one time have I seen Crosby walk on a field and the other team say, "You know, with all this hype we're going to go ahead and let you have this one." You're going to find out all about it, I promise.

14 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Thanks for proving my point. If it takes a post on a message board from an old man for Crosby to get ready to play, then my point is proven. 

It's Jasper man. Half these kids have never even heard of it, much less know where it is or what kind of football team they have. I've seen Crosby not ready to play very few times under the new staff but still, you find your extra motivation where it rears its head.