Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch Hearings

Hagar

2 hours ago, baddog said:

It not hard to look good when you are being grilled by imbeciles.

As a young man, I was under the impression that the folks in Congress were smarter that the average yard dog.  That illusion came crashing to earth when I saw them (trying to) grilling Col. Oliver North during the Iran-Contra hearings.  I realized then that most of them would've had difficulty graduating from Vidor High School.

Franken was particularly stupid in his questioning about politics. 

To paraphrase it..... Gorsuch said he could not be swayed by politics as a judge so he would not comment on political appointments.  In response Franken said gibberish like Gorsuch work on some campaign in (get this) 1976, then helped some Republicans in the mid 90's and blah blah.... 

Gorsuch shut him down but he has been a federal judge for only the last 10 years, not 20 years ago or 40 years ago.  He never said that he never voted or never worked on a campaign. He said that as a federal judge he could  not comment.  

Franken is too stupid to realize (or  perhaps pure political BS) that what he did as a private citizen was not the same nor could be the same as the  he did as a judge for the last 10 years. 

I guess by Franken's thinking, his headlines  for me would be, police officer admits to theft. Yep, on my polygraph/lie detector to be a police officer, I admitted to stealing a bag of Fritos when I was 15 years old.