****Kirbyville @ Newton****

GATA!

This should be a good game by all accounts. I'll never pick against my Cats but we lost a lot from last yr, and are going to be facing a VERY tough Eagle team picked by many to make another state run. So if we're gonna pull this out it'll be by pure grit, will and a heck of a want-it attitude. I say Kirbyville by 1, cause that's all that matters. Good luck to both teams. I'll see yall there. 

Newton by 3 touchdowns or more. Kirbyville won't be able to do too much against Newton's defense this year. The defensive line is going to cause a lot of disruption. Newton was very low in numbers in key positions last season, but that is not the case this year. Being said, i do not see this game being too close and that is not a knock on Kirbyville by any means. I wish success for both teams. 

6 minutes ago, kennelsdennis said:

He say he ready like no other lol

I hope he is I don't want any excuses when they shut him down Friday. Don't wanna hear anything about some injury or something keeping him from being 100 percent. I'm fired up for the game better get there early so you get a seat. I have a feeling newton gonna put on a show.

21 minutes ago, kennelsdennis said:

What do u know about the Cats sir to say that 

Well maybe I was brash about it.  Apologies for the statement but it was not a disparaging comment towards the Kats, more towards the

power and depth of Newton.  If it helps, Ill lay out a few things to supplement my statement.

1) Kats: lost a ton of experience and from what Ive seen there is not much depth. 

Only four teams in the top 20 have fewer returning starters, and three of them are in Div II.

2) Kats: First Year QB (If I remember right, last years stud graduated) with a new O-Line. 

3) Eagles: 2014 State Title Appearance / 2015 Reg-Semi's with a TON of starter injuries!

Still went 5-0 District and built an obscene amount of depth resulting in:  16 RETURNING STARTERS!!  7 Offense / 9 Defense 

4) Rivalry Game in Newton

Just a few things and again, not a knock on Kats. 

Just my opinion and I hope it turns out to be a hell of a football game, but Im sticking to the call. 

I love rivalries.  Who doesn't!! 

38 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Well maybe I was brash about it.  Apologies for the statement but it was not a disparaging comment towards the Kats, more towards the

power and depth of Newton.  If it helps, Ill lay out a few things to supplement my statement.

1) Kats: lost a ton of experience and from what Ive seen there is not much depth. 

Only four teams in the top 20 have fewer returning starters, and three of them are in Div II.

2) Kats: First Year QB (If I remember right, last years stud graduated) with a new O-Line. 

3) Eagles: 2014 State Title Appearance / 2015 Reg-Semi's with a TON of starter injuries!

Still went 5-0 District and built an obscene amount of depth resulting in:  16 RETURNING STARTERS!!  7 Offense / 9 Defense 

4) Rivalry Game in Newton

Just a few things and again, not a knock on Kats. 

Just my opinion and I hope it turns out to be a hell of a football game, but Im sticking to the call. 

I love rivalries.  Who doesn't!! 

Yes they hv a ton back from last year an they'll make a deep run if not state.. But remember we're talking about 15, 16 an 17 year old kids anything can happen