TOM WESTERBERG HIRED AS NEW BARBERS HILL AD/HC!

Will Coach Gage be back ?   Keep hearing rumors about Dickinson coach and Deer Park Coach coming to BH.  The job will be attractive, high paying school district, and the job includes Athletic Director.  So far just rumors, was wondering if anyone has heard anything or had ideas of who would apply for the job.

• WOSgrad locked this topic
  • WOSgrad pinned, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Solid source saying La Porte offensive line coach Jimmy Beasley is the man the Barbers Hill teasippers are going to go after. Word is theyre helicoptering him in for a tour of the new facilities on Monday of next week

Does he have a State Championship ring? Heard that is requirement #1 for any applicants.

Solid source saying La Porte offensive line coach Jimmy Beasley is the man the Barbers Hill teasippers are going to go after. Word is theyre helicoptering him in for a tour of the new facilities on Monday of next week

Seems like a reach for Barbers Hill. First time head coach that's never even been a coordinator. I would think coordinators at places like Manvel, Katy, Pearland or one of the Cypress schools would be higher on the list. One thing for sure is that they still won't need to buy any receiver gloves.

Going about this all wrong, in my humble opinion. They really need someone without a pedigree. Somebody that can come in with some innovative ideas and really connect with the kids. Somebody with the personality and charisma to play the political game in the community, but a coach with a passion for coaching and some new ideas to inspire these kids to think differently about the Offensive side of the ball.  

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Back the brinks truck up and tell Andy Evans to get as much as he wants. Bring him home and he will turn it around. BH has the resources to make it happen, and I think this is the time. It should be interesting to see how this plays out. They can do better than a guy with no coordinator experience.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Back the brinks truck up and tell Andy Evans to get as much as he wants. Bring him home and he will turn it around. BH has the resources to make it happen, and I think this is the time. It should be interesting to see how this plays out. They can do better than a guy with no coordinator experience.

LOL they better.

How about they need some athletes.  Job pays well, but until they get some move ins or group of athletes come through a couple of consecutive classes, they will be the same year in and year out.  Your offense is limited for a reason.  Long distance track does well though, I think.

What did Colonel Jessup say?

How about they need some athletes.  Job pays well, but until they get some move ins or group of athletes come through a couple of consecutive classes, they will be the same year in and year out.  Your offense is limited for a reason.  Long distance track does well though, I think.

Interesting that you say that. The CC team has Coach Leonard. He might be older, but he's a great motivator and he's training them with lots of new principles and ideas. That's the type of coach folks are saying would benefit the football program.

As much as I like Crosby, sometimes you guys are crazy.

Evans can win with the kids they have there right now. Play defense, control the clock by running the ball well. Develop a QB who can move them down the field when there is need. Evans can do all of those things.

.   Gage is a good man, taught and coached for a lot of years and won his share of games and did have a couple of Rings, cannot knock that or take that away.,  his whole career should not just be remembered by what he did not do in BH. ( though hated watching the offense)  Another post said it, we never had a ton of talent from the beginning, my biggest disappointment was we never got a good lifting and strength program started here.so never got bigger or stronger,and it showed,   BH has a decent 2017 class, and a above avg 2018 class, they will no way be in the talent class that Crosby or Dayton has, but could be a New Caney and fight for 3rd or 4th, which is a good start. Who ever comes in will have to build from the ground up and it starts in the off season weight room.  The kids look like Cross Country runners for a reason, no weight program, Need to hire as great strength coach ( they got the money), this takes time but builds a culture and that is the foundation for the future, wins won't come over night