Silsbee vs. Yates Predictions

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1379107" timestamp="1361759785"]
Yates is in 3A because their enrollment numbers put them there. Just that simple.

I do know that HISD decided to not let their schools opt up a classification like they have been doing the last several years. But Yates admins actually thought their numbers would still keep them 4A and that is why they did not check the box to opt up. 

It is what it is.

I fully expect Yates to be back to 4A next realignment.
[/quote]

Trust me we want to move back up.  Not just for sports, but for the school.  We don't like this travel with 3A.  We're not the playground bully.  You only get better playing teams that presents a challenge to you.  Let me say this, we don't get excited about being district, area, or regional champs for that matter.  When we start the season, there's only one reason....STATE!!  Look at the schedule Coach Wise put together prior to district.  We played all top ranked teams, win or lose.  That was done for the sole purpose to be ready for the playoff run.  Hope get's you no where.  We knew the district would not be a challenge, so we pulled teams that would challenge us.  You get no where beating up on weaker teams.

We do the best we can with our kids.  We don't encourage any behavior that is unacceptable.  Coach Wise will lose a game before he does that.  Case in point,  we played Prime Prep at our school in December 2012.  One of our kids, who is one of our shooters got into it with a player on the floor during the 2nd quarter.  Coach sat him out the remainder of the game.  Needless to say we lost the game.  Yeah the fans were upset because the kid was benched, but Wise handles his team how he sees fit.  He explained to the player how his actions played a part in his team not winning the game.  So, we don't encourage our kids to act like fools on the court. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Big girl" post="1379120" timestamp="1361761333"]
It is what it is. Everybody in Houston knows that they recruit. My friend is a coach and Yates coaching staff stole a [b]patient[/b] from their team.  Is it true that you guys have an African "exchange" student?  ;)
[/quote]

A patient ??? ??? what was he sick? ;D

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
This is getting too childish all the talk about recruiting let it go..teams that win don't have to recruit end of story...yes @BigGirl they played he meant to say 12/15/12...and they blasted Kimball.. An to be fair to Yates Kimball had some players transfer in as well....So don't act like some schools don't get players that are deemed questinonable but who cares....just go out and play with what u have and stop finger pointing when u can't compete...HJ had no chance at winning that game.. Yates let them think they were in the game and wore them down with their depth..that called basketball..smh...

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379117" timestamp="1361761093"]
You played Kimball 12/13, really how is that possible? We just started 2013. Too bad you could not beat them in the state finals last year. I cant believe that you guys actually encourage the players to behave in the way they do. They are dirty players. I felt sorry for #12 on HJ's team. They were holding his shirt, holding his arm, made him bleed. Everytime he touched the ball, 3 players coverged on him and he still scored 22 pts.
[/quote]

Okay, I see now what I am dealing with.  The 12/13 you are referring to was a typo.  I meant this past December.  Once again, I guess no one has done that before either.  Sorry for the incident with #12.  Not sure if youv'e ever played anything, but you will get a scratch or two.  It happens.  I guess he was ok, he remained in the game.  Yes, he got 22 points and the LOSS to go along with it.  Actually, he is a GREAT player. We saw that during the Coldspring game.  No one from YATES will ever say he is not.  He's young too, so he can't do anything but get better.  He will be an even bigger beast before he graduates.  We will not take that from him.  We wish him well.

[quote name="BigDaddy00" post="1378482" timestamp="1361598553"]
[quote author=El Diablo link=topic=109731.msg1378479#msg1378479 date=1361598264]
Yates 5 million

Silsbee -2
[/quote] im guessing your a Yates fan. even more reason not to like u
[/quote]
Come on Lil' Daddy, can't we all just get along. It doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 31, a win is a win. We don't believe in moral victories, just victories. It's win or go home and watch TV or something. The winner will play at SHSU Friday. We plan on being there Friday and Saturday. I just want to see a fair game called by the refs. It seems like we always have to play against the refs as well. It should be a good game. Silsbee has been scouting JY since last year when we played Wheatley in the playoffs at Delmar. I wondered why they were at that game and now I know. May the best team win.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1378485" timestamp="1361598990"]
Best spot to attend near Yates: Grooves
Best apot to attend near Silsbee:: Beaumont

Yates fans remind me of: A few characters from the Chapelle Show
Silsbee fans: Just honest good folk
[/quote]

Really??? You do not know True JY fans at all. Is there no crime in Silsbee? Must not be, if just honest good folk live there? You are hating on the fans with not a lot of facts to back you up. I've never been to Silsbee, but I'm sure it is a nice place to visit. I've been to Beaumont and it's also a nice place to visit. But, to put down people that you don't know??? People that does that, do it to make themselves feel good because they are lacking in a lot of areas. Face it pal, it doesn't matter if you're from Silsbee or 3rd ward, we all have people in our family that we are not proud of. Anybody that says otherwise is just a flat out liar. Take that to the bank.

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379097" timestamp="1361758869"]
Whenever Yates has to play a half court game, they lose. You guys are now 3A because you were running from the butt kicking you get from Dallas Kimball. I have a right to my opinion and I will state again that I hate Yates style of play. I dont have any respect for a team or a coaching staff that moves down to a lower level when they are 2 students short of being 4A, because they want a title so badly. You guys knew you could not win state at the 4A level. Again I will state that Yates is great at what they do: run and gun, but that's not the type of ball I like. If others like it, so be it. It's great, but I dont see how you guys can talk badly about HJ when they had a 5 man rotation compared to your 12. Under those circumstances we are very proud of the fact that the players kept the score close for 3 quarters. Things got out of hand when our only legitimate big man fouled out. 8)
[/quote]

What happened to Big Girls don't cry. You don't have to like our style of play or even respect it, but this style of play has won us 2 state 4A titles (Back to Back). The 1st one, we beat Dallas Kimble and the 2nd one, we beat Lancaster and wound up being national champs as well. We did lose to Dallas Kimble last year in the state final (The Travis twins lost also). We were not happy, but we understand that losing is a part playing the game. Our enrollment dropped and so we dropped to 3A. We played Dallas Kimble this year and beat them soundly, so for you to say that we are running from Dallas Kimble is funny and untrue. Giving your opinion is one thing and giving facts are another. Don't get the two twisted. There are fans from every school that we all wish would just sit down and shut up, because they make us real fans look the same way as themselves. Nobody is talking bad about HJ. Your guys played a real scrappy game and showed a lot of heart. As educated fans, we don't think that we will walk through 3A and everybody will lay down for us. We expect the best game from everybody we play and nothing less. Texas A&M wasn't suppose to beat Alabama in football this, but look what happened. We are not taking this game or any game for granted. We just want a fair game , because we always have to play against the refs as well.

[quote name="JY88" post="1379170" timestamp="1361790881"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109731.msg1379097#msg1379097 date=1361758869]
Whenever Yates has to play a half court game, they lose. You guys are now 3A because you were running from the butt kicking you get from Dallas Kimball. I have a right to my opinion and I will state again that I hate Yates style of play. I dont have any respect for a team or a coaching staff that moves down to a lower level when they are 2 students short of being 4A, because they want a title so badly. You guys knew you could not win state at the 4A level. Again I will state that Yates is great at what they do: run and gun, but that's not the type of ball I like. If others like it, so be it. It's great, but I dont see how you guys can talk badly about HJ when they had a 5 man rotation compared to your 12. Under those circumstances we are very proud of the fact that the players kept the score close for 3 quarters. Things got out of hand when our only legitimate big man fouled out. 8)
[/quote]

What happened to Big Girls don't cry. You don't have to like our style of play or even respect it, but this style of play has won us 2 state 4A titles (Back to Back). The 1st one, we beat Dallas Kimble and the 2nd one, we beat Lancaster and wound up being national champs as well. We did lose to Dallas Kimble last year in the state final (The Travis twins lost also). We were not happy, but we understand that losing is a part playing the game. Our enrollment dropped and so we dropped to 3A. We played Dallas Kimble this year and beat them soundly, so for you to say that we are running from Dallas Kimble is funny and untrue. Giving your opinion is one thing and giving facts are another. Don't get the two twisted.[b] There are fans from every school that we all wish would just sit down and shut up, because they make us real fans look the same way as themselves[/b]. Nobody is talking bad about HJ. Your guys played a real scrappy game and showed a lot of heart. As educated fans, we don't think that we will walk through 3A and everybody will lay down for us. We expect the best game from everybody we play and nothing less. Texas A&M wasn't suppose to beat Alabama in football this, but look what happened. We are not taking this game or any game for granted. We just want a fair game , because we always have to play against the refs as well.
[/quote]Exactly right, every school has them. No need to judge an entire schools fanbase on the actions of a few.  Silsbee has them, Yates has them.  It's just the way it is.  Silsbee has a huge uphill battle tomorrow night.  They will not be intimidated and will not back down, but neither will Yates.  Silsbee can win, but it will take a great team effort. Win or lose, Silsbee will have nothing to hold their heads down about.  You win, you beat a great team. You lose, you lost to a great team.

Excuse me for saying patient, I am a health care professional. I use the word so much, it just slipped out. I am not crying at all, I am just giving you guys my opinion. At first you guys denied that your players were trying to intimidate the Tigers' players. Now you are trying to condone their behavior by saying all kids do it. If HISD officials did a full investigation, why didnt they ask me and the other lady standing by me what happened. Usually when you conduct an investigation you ask the witnesses what they saw. I am a HJ fan, at one point I did not like the Silsbee program at all, so I wouldnt lie about what occured. After talking to Jordan and the other kids I realized that I prejudged them. The HISD investigation was akin to a police dept investigation that calls a man's  death a suicide, in spite of the fact ,that 2 people saw a guy shoot him. Wow  :o

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1379109" timestamp="1361760024"]
EVERYONE has fans that say inappropriate things....I've sat next to Yates fans and their confident in their team. Yes they talk trash I would too if my team was good...[size=12pt][b][color=red]but they don't take it any further than that.[/color][/b][/size] They are very polite they just love their Yates bball that's all...You act like Silsbee isnt as bad Yates fans nor the players or even worse...I coached in the summer league and Silsbee players tried to fight Ozen players after the game....so kill that let the kids compete and settle it on the court..you adults need to fall back cause your the ones fueling this nonsense....
[/quote]

When HJ played Coldspring (immediately following the HJ-Yates girls game) several Yates fans were leaving while the boys game was in its final few minutes.  As they "disrespectfully" walked in front of the HJ bench (yes, with the game still going) they began telling the HJ players on that bench how much trouble they were going to be in when they played Yates.  One of the HJ coaches got up and told them to go on and get away from the bench and he was promptly told by one of those(who never "takes it any further than that") what to do with himself.  Saw this same "gentleman" at the boys game last Thursday.  Sorry, but this type of "enthusiasm" and/or "passion" is not justifiable or acceptable under any circumstance.

Truth is folks and this may sound harsh, but the Yates fan base is not really USED to winning in basketball..They were a football power for many years and had that same "swag" about their football program back in the day...This does not excuse inappropriate behaviors by any means, but its still kind of "new" to them...HJ fans have been used to winning basketball, and have a tendancy to be less cocky about their teams success...This has become their time to "shine" over the last few years and they are doing just that..Doesn't make it right, but its one of the major reasons they do it...They can't act like they have been there before, because before a few years ago...They really hadn't. ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379231" timestamp="1361809731"]
Truth is folks and this may sound harsh, but the Yates fan base is not really USED to winning in basketball..They were a football power for many years and had that same "swag" about their football program back in the day...This does not excuse inappropriate behaviors by any means, but its still kind of "new" to them...HJ fans have been used to winning basketball, and have a tendancy to be less cocky about their teams success...This has become their time to "shine" over the last few years and they are doing just that..Doesn't make it right, but its one of the major reasons they do it...They can't act like they have been there before, because before a few years ago...They really hadn't. ;)
[/quote]
You always have an excuse huh don't ya Dickie.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1379232" timestamp="1361809884"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109731.msg1379231#msg1379231 date=1361809731]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If you ever really learn how to read, you would see that I said, "ITS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR"...Just trying to shed a little light on here for some people about the situation...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379236" timestamp="1361810471"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=109731.msg1379232#msg1379232 date=1361809884]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109731.msg1379231#msg1379231 date=1361809731]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If you ever really learn how to read, you would see that I said, "ITS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR"...Just trying to shed a little light on here for some people about the situation...
[/quote]
Just because you say it's not excuse doesn't make it not an excuse. I can sit in the ocean and say I'm not wet but it won't change the fact that I'm wet lol.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1379240" timestamp="1361811218"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109731.msg1379236#msg1379236 date=1361810471]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=109731.msg1379232#msg1379232 date=1361809884]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Just because you say it's not excuse doesn't make it not an excuse. I can sit in the ocean and say I'm not wet but it won't change the fact that I'm wet lol.
[/quote]
OK I am done talking to you, for that was the DUMBEST statement ever placed on any message board EVER! I'm off to the film room now...You have FORCED me to get some work done...THANK YOU! :o 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379241" timestamp="1361811973"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=109731.msg1379240#msg1379240 date=1361811218]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109731.msg1379236#msg1379236 date=1361810471]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
OK I am done talking to you, for that was the DUMBEST statement ever placed on any message board EVER! I'm off to the film room now...You have FORCED me to get some work done...THANK YOU! :o 8)
[/quote]

My brother and I were just talking abou that the other night on the way to the Nederland Play off game.  He saw Yates in a playoff game against a team, I don't remember the HS (mascot was Longhorns though) I think in the Astrodome some years back, Yates put a whipping on them.  Didn't the QB from that Yates team go to Lamar University on scholarship for football?  I think he did and played the last few years Lamar had a football program, that guy was really good!

My son is a great athlete. Someone asked me why I won' t send him to Yates. (I live about 25 miles away). I told him that I would not send my dog to Yates. He stated that the only thing he cared about was his kid playing for a winning team which I thought was sad. Academics are of the utmost importance in my family. Yates is not known for academic excellence. 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379231" timestamp="1361809731"]
Truth is folks and this may sound harsh, but the Yates fan base is not really USED to winning in basketball..They were a football power for many years and had that same "swag" about their football program back in the day...This does not excuse inappropriate behaviors by any means, but its still kind of "new" to them...HJ fans have been used to winning basketball, and have a tendancy to be less cocky about their teams success...This has become their time to "shine" over the last few years and they are doing just that..Doesn't make it right, but its one of the major reasons they do it...[b]They can't act like they have been there before, because before a few years ago...They really hadn't. ;)[/b][/quote]

I was on a college team that won our conference tourney and made it to the big dance,  but i didnt act inappropriate nor did my teammates or fans and that was the [b]first[/b] time our university won the tournement in 17 years.  WINNING OR LOSING should not dictate how you act as a human.

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379247" timestamp="1361813982"]
My son is a great athlete. Someone asked me why I won' t send him to Yates. (I live about 25 miles away). I told him that I would not send my dog to Yates. He stated that the only thing he cared about was his kid playing for a winning team which I thought was sad. Academics are of the utmost importance in my family. Yates is not known for academic excellence. 8)
[/quote]

I believe the NBA leads all professional sports with former players going bankrupt...... 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin