What improvements should be made to your schools stadium?

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LB76" post="1386335" timestamp="1363623909"]
We have plenty of room on the visitor side unless Nederland, PN-G, Vidor, Central, or Ozen come to town.....Ups, I forgot Lumberton.
[/quote]

The only ones left out of that in our district is Livingston! lol  When we played LCM last year we got to the game almost an hour ahead of time and seating was pretty much gone already.  By the time kickoff rolled around fans were standing all over the track.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1386666" timestamp="1363713749"]
[quote author=LB76 link=topic=109428.msg1386335#msg1386335 date=1363623909]
We have plenty of room on the visitor side unless Nederland, PN-G, Vidor, Central, or Ozen come to town.....Ups, I forgot Lumberton.
[/quote]

The only ones left out of that in our district is Livingston! lol  When we played LCM last year we got to the game almost an hour ahead of time and seating was pretty much gone already.  By the time kickoff rolled around fans were standing all over the track.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's a shame seating is so cramped over there. On the home side, however, you can lay down and watch the game.....

Been saying for years that Nederland needs to pave at least some of the lot behind the home side. Stands are in good shape on both sides with plenty of room for all but one game. New restrooms should be a high priority along with the pressbox situation. I would like to see a separate facility built for new locker rooms. I don't care about turf that much but I suppose if they paved the field for parking then Central would need to practice somewhere. None of this will happen however. Too many old people in Nederland who vote down these bonds. Also we need new schools. Ideally, they could consolidate into one middle school and build it where C.O. Wilson currently is. They better get going on something though. These schools and stadium aren't getting better on their own. 

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1389530" timestamp="1364435139"]
Been saying for years that Nederland needs to pave at least some of the lot behind the home side. Stands are in good shape on both sides with plenty of room for all but one game. New restrooms should be a high priority along with the pressbox situation. I would like to see a separate facility built for new locker rooms. I don't care about turf that much but I suppose if they paved the field for parking then Central would need to practice somewhere. None of this will happen however. Too many old people in Nederland who vote down these bonds. Also we need new schools. [b]Ideally, they could consolidate into one middle school and build it where C.O. Wilson currently is.[/b] They better get going on something though. These schools and stadium aren't getting better on their own.
[/quote]  ;) I said that years ago lol 

+1 for you.

turf at NED :-X? Id like to see turf at all our area schools but the grass at NED and also WO-S seems to be always in good condition [b]for some odd reason[/b] :P, i couldnt see those schools having turf, would be kinda weird looking to me i guess when i think about it. :-\

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1389532" timestamp="1364435645"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=109428.msg1389530#msg1389530 date=1364435139]
Been saying for years that Nederland needs to pave at least some of the lot behind the home side. Stands are in good shape on both sides with plenty of room for all but one game. New restrooms should be a high priority along with the pressbox situation. I would like to see a separate facility built for new locker rooms. I don't care about turf that much but I suppose if they paved the field for parking then Central would need to practice somewhere. None of this will happen however. Too many old people in Nederland who vote down these bonds. Also we need new schools. [b]Ideally, they could consolidate into one middle school and build it where C.O. Wilson currently is.[/b] They better get going on something though. These schools and stadium aren't getting better on their own.

+1 for you.

turf at NED :-X? Id like to see turf at all our area schools but the grass at NED and also WO-S seems to be always in good condition [b]for some odd reason[/b] :P, i couldnt see those schools having turf, would be kinda weird looking to me i guess when i think about it. :-\
[/quote]

Not always.  We had one year when it was a mud bowl pretty much from the second game of the season on.  it would help maintenance a bunch to have turf.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1389533" timestamp="1364436061"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109428.msg1389532#msg1389532 date=1364435645]

+1 for you.

[/quote]

Not always.  We had one year when it was a [b]mud bowl[/b] pretty much from the second game of the season on.  it would help maintenance a bunch to have turf.
[/quote]  ;D we (PA) know all about Mud Bowls  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1389536" timestamp="1364436393"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=109428.msg1389533#msg1389533 date=1364436061]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109428.msg1389532#msg1389532 date=1364435645]

+1 for you.

[/quote]

Not always.  We had one year when it was a [b]mud bowl[/b] pretty much from the second game of the season on.  it would help maintenance a bunch to have turf.
[/quote]  ;D we (PA) know all about Mud Bowls  ;)
[/quote]

I'm sure there are several districts that have that issue, especially since the stadium is used almost year round.  There is little time to get the field leveled out and the grass growing again after Soccer.  A turf field would reduce if not eliminate that issue.

[quote name="Frozen Baby" post="1390483" timestamp="1364828888"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=109428.msg1375383#msg1375383 date=1361150128]
Nederland needs restrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a pressbox.
[/quote]

And a football team.........  ;D ;D
[/quote]Stirring the pot, are you? ;D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1390490" timestamp="1364829466"]
I think "Butch" Stadium in Beaumont needs a basketball facility added on  ;D
[/quote]
Good idea!  Could it have be done for the 2mil that the Board voted not to claim - and
all they had to do was make a claim (ie the Walker case)?  Nevermind, I'll answer - probably, if Walker isn't awarded the electrical contract! ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86